PDA

View Full Version : Hush is the word

susancheerleader
04-20-2012, 09:29 PM
I have been "busted" wearing a skirt by my youngest sister. At the time she asked "are you wearing a skirt?" Obviously I was, so I said yes. She then went on to say that she doesn't care if men wear women's clothes. Jump a few months ahead when I am wearing a women's sweater. She gives me hell and then gives me shit for wearing a skirt in public (a carefully crafted newspaper ad I agreed to wear a skirt in.) and embarrassing her. I goes she does care if a man wears women's clothes.
I have since still wore women's jeans and sweaters in her presence. She always asks where I got them, which is code for "I know these are women's clothes" but she doesn't and won't talk about it further.

I get all my mail at a PO Box. Kind of hard to hid anything from in a small town. At first most of my stuff came from eBay. Nothing to think about there. But as I broadaned out, I ordered some clothing from other sources using my "fem" name. As it was a name no one at the PO was used to for my PO Box, they returned it as unknown. When I contacted the company about my order and they told me about it being returned, I simply reordered using my fem name AND adding a c/o using my sir name. No problem since. And I ordered a item using only my fem name, only to have a pick up notice and I had to go to the counter for the package. They almost didn't want to give it to me but they finally did. Since that moment, any and all packages are coming to me since, but the PO staff (who have know me forever and used to chat with me) now are cold and don't talk to me like they used to.
Pretty much, it is "don't ask, don't tell" (Hush, don't talk about it)

In a nutshell, many people know about my alternate "ego" but no one wants to talk about it.

Cynthia Anne
04-20-2012, 09:45 PM
That's the trouble with small towns! Everybody knows everybody! It's a shame the postmaster can't be pofessional! I finally said the hell with people! My signature says it best! Hugs!

susancheerleader
04-20-2012, 09:57 PM
I love living in a small town in that people know each other.
I hate living in a small town for the narrow mindlessness.

RADER
04-20-2012, 11:02 PM
If you just have used your real sir name, who cares what you where getting.
You could always have said it was a gift to someone, or you where getting
it for someone.
I did it many years ago when I got my first set of forms from Sears.
They where filled with a type of sand i guess because it felt gritty through the fabrics.
The lady on the phone asked why I was ordering the forms; I told her it was for my
aunt who does not have a credit card, and wanted them after her surgery.
I know it was a white lie, but I got my forms. And the SA thought I was doing a good deed.
Rader