PDA

View Full Version : A turning point in mutual understanding?

Stacey Summer
04-21-2012, 06:01 AM
I am militantly anti-discrimmination. Everyone is entitled to hold their own opinion but heaven help them if they act on that opinion in a way that is discrimminatory.

As some of you may remember, in one of my first posts I told you that I had blown up and called my SO a bigot for saying "It's not normal!" Things quietened down after that and there were actually signs of improvement. In fact, she was affronted when I told her that I was planning on a shopping trip with my friend. She said that it was her role to go shopping with me. I told her that I didn't ask her because I know she doesn't like me CDing and didn't want to push it in her face some more.

Jump forward to a few days ago, about a week after we separated (For reasons having nothing to do with CDing) We were talking about this and that and discussing whether or not there was the possibilty of us having a relationship after I've sorted out some stuff. She said that a big barrier was the CDing and I told her that it was something she would have to decide for herself. Could she live with a CD for life?

She said she didn't know. In the beginning of the relationship, to test the waters I put on some of her underwear in bed, she didn't seem to mind, even came with me to buy some knee-high boots to match hers. However, and this is where I did things all wrong. Once we moved out of my mothers house and into our own, I had the privacy and freedom to dress more. So I went from lingerie to full dressing like someone had flipped a switch.

When we were talking the other day she said that if she had known the extent to which I wanted to dress, she probably wouldn't have stayed in the relationship. Now she's not the best at getting words from brain to mouth without the meaning getting scrambled but she did manage to get across that me being a CD doesn't gel with her ideal of what a man and a woman are together. It being just that, a MAN and a WOMAN. Not a woman and a half. She grew up in a small, somewhat traditional town in Hampshire and moving to London was a big shock to her system so I can understand that my CDing would be an even bigger one.

So we talked and I told her that while I take care not to CD when she's around (Occasionally I will say screw it and do it anyway) it is not something I am willing or even able to stop. I then did my best to explain in greater detail than ever before, why I do it and to reassure her that I do not desire to dress 24/7 and that I do not wish to become a woman.

It's not all totally resolved and there are still gaps in our understanding but I do believe we have reached a turning point.

Sorry to ramble, lol.

Stacey.
x

Cynthia Anne
04-21-2012, 07:48 AM
Ramble on girl! Very interesting story! I can only hope you can together you can fill those gaps! Perhaps you can persaude her to join this site in the SO section for some understanding and support! Hoping the best for you! Hugs!

Tina B.
04-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Sad to see dressing causing such problems, I hope the two of you can resolve your differences, I know giving it up is not an answer, I tried that with the first marriage, and never could do it for long.
Tina B.