PDA

View Full Version : how much does it cost to...

crossing_over
11-07-2005, 03:40 PM
get a manicure on the average? i don't want to get polish but i would like my names filed rounded a bit and buffed to a sparkle.... they are getting way long to not look good..... anyone know of an average price?

DanaJ
11-07-2005, 05:29 PM
I would say an average price would be around $15 - $20....

crossing_over
11-07-2005, 05:44 PM
cool thanks dana :)

meant nails up there not names lol

Jodi Lynn
11-07-2005, 05:54 PM
sounds about right to me. But yesterday I did see a nail spa having a grand opening special, you and a freind come in together $18 for you both.

DanaJ
11-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Well, time for me to get back on my nail soap box :sb:

Please, make sure your nail tech is licensed, and that the salon is clean and well maintained. I have covered this subject in the Beauty Club in detail if anyone is interested. Thanks, I now return you to the thread :D

Jodi
11-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Don't forget to tip your manicurist

Shannon
11-07-2005, 08:40 PM
I paid $12 last Saturday for a manicure -- plus a healthy tip.

Jesse69
11-07-2005, 09:46 PM
I would never waste money on a manicure. Isn't this something you can do yourself?

DanaJ
11-07-2005, 09:50 PM
...and you can cut your own hair too, but would you? If you have never had the pleasure of being pampered, then you have really missed out....

crossing_over
11-08-2005, 04:10 AM
...and you can cut your own hair too, but would you? If you have never had the pleasure of being pampered, then you have really missed out....

that is the main reason i want to do it....i can take care of my nails myself.... heck i use to have long nails that i buffed every night...... but then i tried to get away from the cd thing and cut them off and just recently let them grow back but i figured why put all the effort into making them cute then going to a nail salon ....id rather wait and watch the technique so i can duplicate it :-) ...... by the way on ebay there are nice manicure kits with electronic buffers and everything for like $10 ....im down to $40 in paypal (had over 300 and went nutso when i got back into cd'ing and have spent like $150 in the last month alone) ...but anyways just thought id let yall know bout the nail kit .....it's nice

Tamara Croft
11-08-2005, 12:15 PM
I would never waste money on a manicure. Isn't this something you can do yourself?Yes you can do it yourself, but it still costs money. You need to buy all the products and tools to do a manicure, but how will you actually know what you are doing? Having a manicure may seem like a waste of money, but until you have actually been into a salon and sat there being pampered, you can not say it's a waste of money. The whole point of going to a salon is not just to have treatments, it's about going out, meeting people, having a chat, boosting your confidence and being pampered.

So don't knock it till you have tried it.

crossing_over
11-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Yes you can do it yourself, but it still costs money. You need to buy all the products and tools to do a manicure, but how will you actually know what you are doing? Having a manicure may seem like a waste of money, but until you have actually been into a salon and sat there being pampered, you can not say it's a waste of money. The whole point of going to a salon is not just to have treatments, it's about going out, meeting people, having a chat, boosting your confidence and being pampered.

So don't knock it till you have tried it.

very well put

Tamara Croft
11-08-2005, 05:07 PM
very well putWhy thank you :D Being a Beauty Therapist, I see just how having treatments make clients feel. They come into the salon, maybe had a really bad week etc. But by the time they have had a manicure or pedicure etc and have sat there for an hour or so being pampered, having a chat etc you can see the difference when they leave. Yeah maybe it costs a bit, but you can't put a price on being happy can you ;)