PDA

View Full Version : So tell me a story... who was the first person you told about CDing??

crossdressersfriend GG
04-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Who was the very first person you told about CDing and why did you tell them?

And how long were you dressing when you decided to share it with someone?

xdressed
04-21-2012, 02:07 PM
The first person I told was my name ex girlfriend. I had only been dressing for about 2 or 3 years at the time. While she at first said I was brave for telling her and she still accepted me, she treated it more like a drug addiction that I had to try and ween myself off of forever. Eventually we broke up (although it had little to nothing to do with CDing) and I am far happier several years on with my current partner

franlee
04-21-2012, 02:09 PM
I can't say that I told them, because we did it together. My first wife! A fun thing that got out of hand, LOL!

RADER
04-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Well it was my first wife; I was into wearing girdles and all in ones back then.
She would have nothing to do with it. We divorced.
Then 15 years later I met my now wife, and about 1 month into dating I brought up the
subject in a suttle way.
3 weeks later, she asked me to put on a dress, since I only had skirts and tops, I did
that instead. We where married about 6 months later, and been for over 18 years.
Rader

DonnaT
04-21-2012, 02:14 PM
My wife, a few months after we married, after she shaved my legs and dared me to put on pantyhose.

sandra-leigh
04-21-2012, 02:55 PM
I don't remember. I started going out in public and shopping for myself 3 weeks after I realized I was a cross-dresser, so it could have been any of a number of store clerks. By the 2 month mark I invited myself to the local cross-dressing group (though for months I introduced myself as "anonymous".)

The first person "that I knew" (i.e., a friend of mine) that I told, was an ex-coworker and good friend who happened to be back in town for an evening: I showed up for our dinner wearing a jeans skirt. The first thing she said to me was, "Well, congratulations!" :happy:

I haven't had any difficulty yet, other than my mother wondering why I can't explore my gender while still being a guy. A bit disappointing, but I know it was said out of love and concern, not out of rejection.

jennifer1958
04-21-2012, 02:58 PM
My girlfriend who I later married, and been together 28 years. Just last year I told my sister; she said she wasn't surprised...always knew I had a soft spot for girly things.

Jennifer

SusanCACD
04-21-2012, 03:04 PM
I finally told a co-worker, she was always pestering me to tell her my secret, maybe she already knew. Things haven't changed between us and she is still a great friend. Come to think of it, she is my best friend, I live alone and have a very much solitude life and since telling her I have wanted to tell others, but I dare not.
Susan

Laura912
04-21-2012, 03:06 PM
My wife and then you.

Alice
04-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Almost a year ago now I first told the girl I was dating at the time. She knew there was something I wasn't telling her, and she eventually got it out of me. Fortunately it went over well and now whenever I come home she tells me that she can't wait to see Alice too.

NicoleScott
04-21-2012, 04:41 PM
First wife, who insisted we go to counseling/therapy so I could be cured. I went, hoping she would eventually accept. She divorced me because I am a crossdresser. So much for better or worse.

Sarah-J
04-21-2012, 04:59 PM
I "outed" myself here on the forum only, if that counts. Haven't told anyone else yet. I'm still in my "discovery phase."

KylieQ
04-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Told my best friend about 3 months ago...what was supposed to take about 10 minutes took almost 4 hours and it was such a great decision. She was and still is wonderful about it and has been such a source of support for me.

BillieJoEllen
04-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Never took the step to tell anyone about my CDing. Got into trouble at 15 (CD related). Had to see a psychiatrist and a therapist. I never talked about my CDing with them. People knew I CDed but I didn't talk about it. Two months before our marriage my wife found out about my CDing and we talked. Thats really the first time I ever talked to anyone about my CDing. Except for here I don't communicate with anyone concerning my CDing

Renee_E
04-21-2012, 06:25 PM
My wife after she found some panties I hid away.

stacycoral
04-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Well when i was a teenager, i told my minister at my church, i was worried about myself and need to talk to a person that i could trust, he asked the first question you might think about, after that he told me i was young and i will grow out of it and find a girl to spend my life with, I did find the girl, and happy with her, but i haven't grow out of loving being a girl also.

Barbara Ella
04-21-2012, 08:34 PM
The first person was my wife, 3 months after I started dressing. That was 4 months ago, and we are working through it.

Barbara

queenie
04-21-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm kind of like Sandra-Leigh in that I let a myriad of sales clerks knew I was shopping for myself. Next would be a couple CDs I had met through random groups and went out with a few times. After that, it was my wife whom I had been dating for about 6 months at the time. It really weirded her out at first but she's fine with it now.

Vanessa Storrs
04-21-2012, 09:50 PM
One weekend I went enfemme to a drag show in Reno. When I returned to my home my friend Steve kept hounding me for information on my weekend. When I tired of his continual questions I decided to tell him the truth. His reaction was great it was as if he had received a strong blow to his head. My brother's reaction was quite similar. Everyone else I've told has accepted the news quite calmly.

Ressie
04-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Around 1978-79 a had a gf that told me she was bi within a week of meeting her. This made me feel it was safe to tell her. I told my sister shortly after that, and also shared it with every woman since that I became serious with. But my bi girlfriend is the only one that ever supported my CDing.

DanaR
04-21-2012, 10:31 PM
My wife was the first person that I told.

Miriam-J
04-21-2012, 10:53 PM
No one for 48 years. Then three and a half years ago I told my girlfriend, about a month after we met. A year later we were married, and she's still very supportive.

Katie01
04-21-2012, 11:04 PM
I got a massage with my thong on. Also my therapist.

NatalieBliss
04-21-2012, 11:24 PM
I told my little sister first. I think I had been dressing for about 16 years at that point.

Soriya
04-22-2012, 12:01 AM
My TS friend. After swearing to myself numerous times I would take it to the grave with me I told her within 30 minutes of chatting with her. This was about 29 years after dressing on and off.

Launa
04-22-2012, 12:12 AM
I'm sure I have been dressing since diapers. The first person I told was my girlfriend at age 22 after that I told other girlfriends right off the bat in case things got serious. I told my wife right off the bat also. I told her this so there would be no dirty little secrets I would carry around.

Krististeph
04-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Actually told?
My girlfriends who was to become my wofe of 20+ years (so far). Others found out or knew... but she was the first i talked to. Wow, she was, and still is, supergirl.

Diane Smith
04-22-2012, 12:50 AM
My ex girlfriend, in 1987 or so. She liked it when I'd wear stockings, garters and heels to bed, but didn't want to be seen with me dressed outside the house, and wasn't all that crazy about my going out on my own either. We broke up for entirely unrelated reasons (involving my ex-best male friend ... you fill in the details).

Another girlfriend, in 1997 -- the relationship did not survive the night I told her.

Since then, thousands of people have seen me out and about, but it's still kinda lonely sometimes.

- Diane

Chardonnay Merlot
04-22-2012, 07:29 AM
The first person I told was my father, but that was because I stumbled onto some incriminating evidence thus I had to reveal not of my own volition, and even then he didn't know the full depth because at the time was deep in closet.

It was more than eight months when I actually disclosed to someone unprompted.

It was two good friends who own a small boutique near where I live. I've known them for a decade. I shopped there often, usually when I was in a relationship with a woman and wanted to get her something sexy. They specialized in classy, elegant lingerie, their hosiery selection was to die for. Just a fun nice little shop. If you wanted it they could get it.

But they didn't know that sometime I was buying sexy things for me... Or so I thought they didn't know.

It was late January when I was there. First time since I had a major clarity moments a decide to be honest and open about being a CD. I had done it on and off since I was 11. After years of blocking it out, I decided to embrace it instead.

I was looking for something cute when I decided to just reveal it. I was very nervous when I told them both the real story.

"Sometime when I get stressed out I dress like a girl."

I expected "Get out of our store and never come back you perv."

The actual response was a lot of giggling and big hug. "We knew it!" they both said.
"Honey we knew years ago, and don't worry. You're not the only man who comes in this shop for himself. We cater to girls like you."

The day ended with me getting a real bra fitting, ordering a new wig, breast forms and a sexy black shaper.

Three weeks later, my breast forms came in. C cups with a flesh tone match that was perfect. I tried those on with a sexy shaping white lace longline bra and felt instantly feminine. It was truly a new beginning, and my relationship with them became closer for it.

Not every "come out" moment since has been positive. I haven't lost any friends due to it, but generally there has been more disapproval than approval. But the first was very positive and has given me motivation to continue embracing this part of me.

kimdl93
04-22-2012, 07:52 AM
My younger sister. I was 18 and she was 16. She noticed some of her things were missing.

PretzelGirl
04-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Well,taking it literally, I didn't tell my wife since she knew from the beginning. So I would say her two best friends. We told one together and she wanted to see all of my "stuff" and asked where all my sequin dresses were. The other my wife told over the phone. So I sent her texts to which she responded "That's awesome!". She is still one of our closest friends and a big supporter.

EjayeCD
04-22-2012, 12:13 PM
When I was 5-6, there were no other boys in my neighborhood my age to play with & the older boys did not want a little kid to be with them. So I played with my older sister & the other girls in the area. We played all girl games including dressup, so I was hooked early in life. I never gave up dressing. I told my sister later in life about my dressing & she thought I made up a story. She realized after a while I was not joking. Now she feels guilty about getting me hokked.

sandra-leigh
04-22-2012, 12:52 PM
When I was 5-6, there were no other boys in my neighborhood my age to play with & the older boys did not want a little kid to be with them. So I played with my older sister & the other girls in the area.

There were other boys in my neighborhood, but they were not enthusiastic about me playing with them. I ended up spending time playing with my (older) sister and her friends, who might not have considered me to be "part of the group", but were at least tolerant of having me around. No dress-up, though.

Nicola2876
04-22-2012, 01:01 PM
I told a woman who I was having a casual relationship with. We had some fun with it but its not a sexual thing for me so it didnt go very far. I had been dressing for about 15 years.

Lorileah
04-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Hmmm. I don't remember for sure. It was probably my wife but I don't think it was "Hey guess what? I like dressing in women's clothes" I know it was a lot more subtle. Maybe more like " I wish I could wear a skirt" and her answer was "then do it".

When I got serious about it I told the guys at StudioLites because I knew they would help, and they did. They made a caterpillar a butterfly. At the same time frame I told my GF on line because she wanted to meet and get together and I knew it could be a deal breaker. She was very accepting and we went out as GF's many many times. She always told me I was beautiful when I dressed. After that, no one was safe

Tina B.
04-22-2012, 03:04 PM
First wife, reason, seemed like the right thing to do, she disagreed, that's why she is first wife. I had been dressing around 15 years at the time. I've only told two other people in my whole life.
Tina B.

Samantha B L
04-22-2012, 03:25 PM
I wanted badly to be a fulltime guy in drag so I told my Mom not long after high school and she just fried. At about the same time I told a freind who was kind of a Lesbian/Transman and she/he was very supportive and wanted me to come over to her apartment so she could style my hair and do my makeup! I lost track of her not long afterward. A few more years went by and I told a freind of mine who was kind of a biker type. He started hitting me up for sex. I've done it with guys a few times but this guy simply didn't turn me on and he moved and I let the freindship drop off. I was the most pleased when my soulmate from 8th grade summer school in 1969 accepted it totally and we shopped together and she let me dress at her place and stay for up to a week or more.

alwayshave
04-22-2012, 03:35 PM
The first person was my SO of 5.5 years. I told her about 1.5 years into our relationship prior to moving in together full time. She is accepting, not encouraging, but accepting.

Karen kc
04-22-2012, 03:38 PM
I told my 2nd wife,this was about 12 yrs ago. The pressure to tell someone was killn me! When I told her, you would have thought that I shot the president, then Ihad to answer all the questions, etc. We remained married another year and ahalf. My third wife is very supportive and encourages me to dress

Antoinette
04-23-2012, 03:02 AM
My girlfriend was the first to know. I felt that I had to tell her at some point since she's the one who I want to spend my life with. At first she was curious as to how I'd look so she went along with it and helped me get my first set of female clothes. She assumed it was a one time thiing but I explained to her that I've been dressing up since junior high. I've been doing it in the house and this would be the first time I dress out in public. She was worried that I wanted to be a female. I tried telling her that I only like wearing the clothes because I find it fun and it feels comfortable. I tried explaining to her that it most likely won't be the last time but it won't be an everyday thing. She didn't take that too well. She thinks that I want to be a female and that I'm some weirdo who likes to wear womens clothing. We're still together but it seems that she mayb need sometime to take all this in. She does treat this as some sort of mental issue and that I'm not normal. But because I love her I tried to convince her that that isn't the case it is quite normal and she should do a bit of reasearch on it. But whether she does or not I'm prepared for tthe day she's ready to break up because of it.

After her I told my closest friendsand even showed them. They were all weirded out by it as well but learned to accept it. They all treat me no different because of it. We're all still friends but I don't dress up around them.

Then I told my mom and my brother. They were surpisingly very accepting of it. They figured as long as I was happy and am not hurting anyone or myself, there"re no problems with it. My mom just wants me to be careful since people can be assholes and may try to harm me.

Lastly my grandmother caught me dressed up. Like an idiot I fell asleep while dressed and she woke me up in shock. She thought I was drugged or out prostituting. I was EXTREMELY embarassed and didn't even know what to say initally. I just told her that I went to a costume party and was too tired that I fell asleep. She figured that miss girlfriend waaay too much (we're in a long distance relationship, but for other reasons). But she brushed it off and just said she hopes its the last time while also complimenting my heels.

This all happened over the months. I'll continue dressing since its who I am regardless of what people say. (v^-^)

danielletorresani
04-23-2012, 03:17 AM
Though a couple of people are in the know about this side of me, I've never willingly told anyone.

KarenCDFL
04-23-2012, 10:12 AM
At about 12 years old, a female friend of mine and I were hanging at her apartment (our mom's were friends too) and he mom had just started to let her wear light makeup and she always wanted to practice on me and up to that point I always said no.

I finally relented and by the and of the day we had both dressed up in her mom's things and had a good laugh!

I decided to tell her about that I had does this many times before at home alone and it brought us much closer. She loved the idea that she could share girl things with me.

We never had a chance to do this again and we drifted away in our early 20's.

The nice thing is that after 30 years we hooked back up through facebook but that "girl" time was never mentioned.

It is still a great memory.

heathr1
04-23-2012, 10:26 AM
I told my first girlfriend very early into our relationship.

After a quick laugh from her, she happily dressed me up in her things.

Lindsay_T
04-23-2012, 10:53 AM
I have never told anyone, willingly that is... my wife caught me recently because I'd fallen asleep at the computer, probably due to my excess drinking.... which has resulted from way too many stressors on my plate, of late. She seemed shocked, and I nastily told her I'd been cross-dressing since I was a kid. We've been having some issues in our relationship and I at first thought this would be the final straw even though we've been together over 30 years. She chose to not mention it, at least not regularly. It does come out when she's pissed with me, which unfortunately is way too often right now. We have serious financial issues due to a recent job loss which has seriously strained our abilities to keep our house and maintain our relationship.

My daughter also caught me recently... she's 20 and came into the house unexpected by me when I was dressed. She immediately left the house but hasn't brought it up again with me ... and it's been 3 to 4 months now.

Only my son doesn't know but I think he would be accepting. I'll never tell him, but my daughter might. I still can't give any of them a rational explanation of why I cross-dress, but whatever happens.... I truly feel my best when I'm dressed and I'm not stoppin any time soon.

The cat has known for years.... lol. He's cool about it.

Cheers to all you other 'ladies'... for understanding, and for your support. This web site has allowed me to finally talk about it... which is very therapeutic.

Love u all....

Stephanie47
04-23-2012, 11:03 AM
I don't know if I would characterize my first revelation to my wife as cross dressing, i.e., emulating a woman. It was mutual bedroom play. I told her I like the feel of the nylon lingerie/gowns. We ended up exploring nylon nightgowns, stockings and garter belts. We shopped together for several of them. When our first child was born, she asked me not to wear them to bed because the crib was in our bedroom- ok, no problem. She soured on the deal when it became apparent there was much more to my desires than nightgowns. Finding a red bra really turned her off, since, as she said, I have nothing to pack into it. I have not revealed myself to anyone else, but, who knows?

Tatiana
04-23-2012, 11:18 AM
The only other person who knows is my wife. I told her before we got married as I felt it was best to be "straight" from the start. I had been crossdressing for over 20 years at this point. Luckily she accepted me for what I am. I would not have wanted to tell anyone else.

katie_barns
04-23-2012, 11:28 AM
A girl at work figured me out, after spending too much time commenting on her outfits, pretty purses, makeup and such. One day she took me aside and asked if I was wearing makeup. [Just foundation and powder]. I got the courage to say YES. Her eyes lit up and she stated "You wear woman cloths too don't you." That was a while back and she became my makeup and fashion coordinator after that. She has changed jobs and I haven't seen her for a while.

Antoinette
04-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Lol I was spotted wearing make up too at work, though I wasn't asked if I dress up. It's probably implied or the just don't care. One girl though at my job gives me make up advice which is cool.

TommyII
04-23-2012, 01:20 PM
My old girlfriend. She saw women's clothes in my closet and thought I was seeing another woman. When I told her they were mine, she asked to see me dressed. We were able to share clothes after that. It's a wonderful experience to see some one else wearing your clothes.

Kimberlyfaye
04-23-2012, 02:49 PM
I think the first person I shared it with was my SO. It was kept a secret before that. Except for a couple of times when I did it for fun (even though it was more than that from my point of view). She is so open minded. We never really talked about it, it just got involved in the relationship. At that point I became more open about it and she loves it. She helps me with advice and encourages me to be me. She wants me to be happy with who I am and I couldn't love her more for it. I'm lucky to have her and I wish everyone here had such supportive partners as I see posts where some don't :-(

Hugs
Mikayla x

Frédérique
04-23-2012, 04:49 PM
So tell me a story... who was the first person you told about CDing?? Who was the very first person you told about CDing and why did you tell them? And how long were you dressing when you decided to share it with someone?

I was dressing for several years before I told my ex-girlfriend. Oh, you wanted a STORY…:doh:

It was a beautiful, sunny day, and Freddy was on cloud nine, having just tucked his masculinity away for the umpteenth time. He was a she, hidden from those who may do her harm, a secret in plain sight, a gender paradox in the midst of self-discovery. Alas, Freddy had to go somewhere, so he reluctantly put his girly things away, keeping the under-dressing in place for reasons of comfort and solidarity…

Freddy climbed into his trusty, rusty Jeep and drove south – he was supposed to drop off his camera at his girlfriend’s house, and spend a little time with her during the afternoon. Freddy wondered why he even needed an “outside” girlfriend, when he could be himself and let HER out to play anytime he chose – in his feminine approximation, based on many years of careful observation and yearning, he could blockade his boyishness and attain a blessed state of peace. Why complicate matters by bringing others, namely other females, into the equation? He knew his relationship was changing, caused by his increased attention to crossdressing and all that came with it, so why not go back to that fork in the road and take the correct path this time?

Freddy drove as if in a trance, navigating the twisting roads of Plymouth County as the heartfelt warbling of Mark Hollis emanated from the Jeep’s tiny speakers. Passing by a large, manicured cemetery, Freddy contemplated fleeting time, along with a need to think of this time, NOW, and use his own time wisely. He eventually pulled into his girlfriend’s driveway and parked under a large oak tree. Freddy unconsciously ran his hands over his legs, wishing he was wearing a cute skirt and not the clunky, drab pants he had on. With a sigh, he got out of the Jeep and walked to the back door of the house, actually a screened porch. “Let’s get this over with…” he thought to himself…

Freddy’s girlfriend greeted him at the door, and let him in with a kiss. Freddy softened right away, becoming less strident and more pliable – memories of nearly four years together came rushing back, and he selected the good times from this dizzying roller-coaster ride he was on. His girlfriend made tea for the occasion, and boy (girl in spirit) and actual girl sat at a tiny table in the kitchen, with north light streaming in through a high window. Freddy handed over his camera, and the young woman giggled like a schoolgirl – a few quick lessons about controls, focus, and aperture, and the ebullient GG was ready to go. Freddy felt better in his girlfriend’s presence, in fact he was much more subdued, calmer and collected than he had ever been – was this due to his secretive nature, and his willful turning-away from all manly behavior?

The tea, a combination of two disparate flavors, was excellent. While Freddy fumbled at a piece of shortbread, searching for a topic of conversation, his girlfriend abruptly got up and went in search of a photo album. Freddy admired her sea-green long skirt, no doubt worn FOR him, since his beloved preferred her own version of “drab.” Was she in a romantic mood? Freddy got no response from his boy shorts panties, which intrigued him no end. The young woman soon returned with a thick photo album, and she pulled her chair over to Freddy’s side of the table. Flipping a few pages and readjusting some loose images, Freddy’s girlfriend at last came to the thing she wanted to show him…

“Look at these pictures of my niece,” she said, “I took them last summer – she likes to wear dresses more than I do” Freddy’s beloved knew his artistic nature, being an artist herself, and she remembered all the paintings of girls he made during their art school days. “Isn’t she beautiful?” said the GG. Freddy was speechless. The girl, about 15-16 years old, was gorgeous, a Miss America type with sandy-blonde hair and a wistful smile. She posed in the backyard, the same environment Freddy could see outside the nearby window, and she wore a series of dresses that were elegant and refined, a veritable picture of femininity. Freddy was fascinated…

He looked at the photos over and over, studying them closely, trying to burn the images into his memory. He couldn’t wait to get home and dress up and dream of being like this particular girl, but he had to wait – how much longer would he have to be here with his girlfriend? Freddy looked at her, and she gave him a sympathetic, loving look that spoke of deep feelings. He looked once again at the photos, then back to his girlfriend’s face, back and forth. She touched his hand ever so softly. Freddy’s reserve dropped away without warning, and he looked deep into his girlfriend’s brown eyes. “I’m a transvestite…” he blurted out. There was a pause. “It’s...all right…” she answered, but Freddy suddenly felt very vulnerable and alone…

His girlfriend was smiling in a quizzical way, not knowing how to proceed or even IF to proceed, while Freddy was thinking of the time when he gave a precious group of his childhood drawings to a neighbor boy, only to find them lying in a mud puddle the next day. He vowed to never reveal his secrets ever again, but he had just done it – for a second he let his guard down, and now the cat was out of the bag. Body language was telling, for his girlfriend was now across the room, arms folded, leaning against a cabinet. She was the closest thing he had to a soul mate (her own declaration), so why was she further away? The subject changed, the moment was forgotten, and the rest of the afternoon passed without any further drama. After a farewell kiss, Freddy drove home in a confused state. Had he done his “self” a disservice? Time would tell…

It didn’t happen immediately, but over time Freddy’s impulsive declaration would end up in a mud puddle of increasing isolation, non-interest, humiliation, and betrayal. He learned the hard way to keep his secrets a secret, and protect them at all times. The concept of having a “soul mate” was shelved in favor of an incorporated being, itself a fragile human enterprise incapable of being understood or tolerated. In this case, self-love triumphed over love of another, but the love that they shared had a lasting legacy. Freddy met his ex for a reunion many years after they broke up, but, true to form, she still didn’t wish to talk about his crossdressing. This time, Freddy smiled…
:)

2B Natasha
04-23-2012, 05:15 PM
I s'pose I had been dressing in secret since about 10 maybe. You know the old story. Raid moms lingerie drawer bla bla bla. Then later it was the wife's. She, the first wife, was the first person who knew. But I didn't tell her so much. More like puked it out on her. By that I mean. I was young had know idea what I was feeling or why. It came and went as most things do in a young life. I remember one time very specificly that I thought, at the time, was a great idea. I was going to show her my desires not talk about them. That would have made WAY to much sense. So I dolled myself up in a black lace teddy. Black skirt pantyhose heels and a top. Stuffed the one piece with socks. Got in the car and went to go pick her up from work. It backfired like you would have expected. But I still didn't tell her.

The first person I told was a friend that I reconnected with AFTER my divorce or at least the seperation with no hope of reconciliation. So with that I made the decision to tell everyone that I either made friends with going forward or friends I reconnected with. Anyway. She and I where texting and emailing and I decided I needed to tell her. It might have been that she told me she just ended a lesbian marriage so perhaps that had something to do with it. But I told her. She was cool with it. Souvh do that we decided to go out to a club and meet up face to face. We still
Talk and I have meet her boyfriend en femme. They are both ok with it still.

Cheers.

Maybelle
04-23-2012, 05:22 PM
I told my first wife, after she found panties in the bed that weren't hers! She was surprised to say the least. My current wife knows also and likes some of me dressing. She really like shopping together! No one else knows................yet

gracee
04-24-2012, 12:07 PM
My roommate and I decided to find a place to live nearer to where we both worked. (That's how we met.) So we vowed to tell each other our biggest secret before embarking on this. I told him I liked to wear girls' clothes, and he told me... something much wilder! (Not sexual however.) I felt miffed that I had been out-secreted. Later however he invited me to dress up around the house, so I did a few times. One embarrassing incident: He walked in on me when I was wearing just panties, nylons, garter belt and bra... and putting on makeup in the mirror. I got a wolf whistle! Then he sat down and said something like, I want to see how you do this. And then we talked about work, as nonchalant as you please. It was great, me there in my lingerie. If I'd had a dress with a zipper, I'd have asked him to zip me up.

Nicole76
04-24-2012, 12:44 PM
My girlfriend and soon to be wife was my first confident. I used to get insanely jealous of my girlfriend talking to other guys but really i was jealous of what she was wearing and i was frustrated that i could not wear what I wanted to. She took the news I was a CD very well and to this date she hardly notices when I cross dress. It has become the norm!!

phylisanne
04-24-2012, 02:44 PM
i actually had to tell my wife .

gracee
04-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Meant to mention, there was a certain charge after that incident, in my knowing that he knew what I was wearing under the dresses. He even took me out walking a couple times, but that made him (obviously) nervous so I never asked again. All in all, a very tolerant and nice guy.

drushin703
04-25-2012, 06:54 PM
I have told no one and no one on earth knows..lol, dana

Ally 2112
04-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Told my x wife early into our relationship at first it was ok then it had to go then it was ok again then in the end it was too much .My second person was my x gf she was pretty cool about it unfortunately our relationship ended for different reasons .But we are pretty good friends stiil .But i have not dressed in front of her in a couple of years

cute_chelsey
05-01-2012, 02:02 PM
the first person i told was my sister. she was kinda pissed that i was stealing her clothes but then was ok with it and helped me choose outfits and shop

KarenNY
05-15-2012, 11:36 AM
not so much told as I was caught by my mother when I was 12... after having been trying on her clothes from the time I was 6 or 7... turned out, my mother was OK with my dressing and rather than get mad or freak out, she was only upset that I didn't ask first and was sneaking around behind her back... One thing led to another and within weeks I had my own female wardrobe that kept growing throughout my teens and into my 20s, plus I was learning how to walk and talk like a girl, do my own hair, nails and makeup, etc...

lisagurl
05-15-2012, 11:57 AM
i told my ex wifes best friend, she kept my secret :)

CassieV
05-15-2012, 12:22 PM
I told my first fiance after we both admitted to each other that we were bisexual. She made it clear she was NOT INTERESTED, however, which was really sad. I never brought it up again, but I'm not sorry to say I raided the closets while she was at work.
I told my current wife after about a year of marriage, though I passed it off as a sexual kink at first. She was on board with it and bought me my own clothes, but started to get a little frustrated when I wanted to be in drag all the time. After some long talks we established that this is who I am, who I need to be. Now I'm in skirts full time at home, and she likes to nudge my comfort zone by getting me to be a little more dating in public.
Since then, I've told all the friends I have that I expect will be supportive. I've been right every time. It just sucks that I left them behind on the east cost. It'd be wonderful to have someone nearby to be myself in front of.

BRANDYJ
05-15-2012, 12:26 PM
I was about 24. I told the woman that would be my second wife. The hardest and most scary thing I ever did. It was a shock to her and it took a few weeks of many hours of talking before she could accept it. One morning, out of the blue, she woke me up and said, "get dressed, we are going to buy you a dress". I never forgot that moment of her showing she was OK with it. Sadly, she died 10 years later. Since then, I have told my third wife and a handful of close friends. My current SO knew from day one since I had an on-line profile with pictures in both male and female dress.

Mel_CD
05-15-2012, 01:35 PM
That 1st time was sort of "forced" out of me when my brother caught me while dressed. He never said anything directly to me or mom. However, out of the really guilty feeling, I myself told mom. Unfortunately, unlike a lot of others in this thread, my mom was very UN supportive and called me weirdo, sicko, pyscho, etc. She had always thought of me as strange and not belonging even before this revelation, and so there was no really dramatic stuff. She just simply accepted this as more proof of my weirdness and querness and so on. The subject was never directly mentioned again. I have never really been that emotionally close to mom anyway, and so this discovery did not affect our already sort of cold relationship to each other. Life went on as usual afterwards.

Again, like so many others in this thread, I continue dressing, 50 plus years now and still get that high thrilling feeling from dressing.

Megan Jameson
05-15-2012, 03:51 PM
I told my wife first, but that was 15 years into our marriage. I had begun to stop resisting the urges to dress, so I needed to tell her before she found out some other way. She was very supportive, and offered to give me a facial treatment to celebrate. She also went to the mall that evening an bought four pair of panties for me. Not long after that, many sales associates in the local "plus sized" stores and several women working at various cosmetics counters were made aware that I would be shopping for myself and that I was the type of guy who occasionally liked to be much prettier than the average man.

Noemi
05-15-2012, 04:09 PM
I told an old friend who unexpectedly and quickly passed away some years ago from cancer. He thought it was just about getting off and did not think anything of it, maybe to put me at ease, he was super cool.

Then many years later told a girl who I kind of had a fling with, and she let me dress up, and was very dominant, which turned me on to no end. But turned out to be way too nutty and mean..that is it. I got caught by my Mom a few times and just explained it all away, it was never brought up or discussed.

ArleneRaquel
05-15-2012, 04:13 PM
I know that such an event should stick out in my memory, but I actually have no idea what or what the circumstances were, were at, or with who. Getting old in the brain cells, I guess.

GinaMarie
05-15-2012, 06:45 PM
The first person was my mom, and I was 20. She always questioned my behavior when it's just the two of us-- no one else at home or in the car. I kept getting angry for her asking what I'm doing behind her back. In the end, the question was forced on me. I had to confess to her that I crossdress and that I'm neither gay nor bi or even want a sex change (which I considered when I was younger), and that I had her clothes hidden in my dresser and closet. She continues to ask but not in front of the rest of the family or our house guests. So now it's a secret kept to both of us; no one else is obligated to know.

Vanessa5
05-15-2012, 07:11 PM
I was caught in the act at age 10. The first person I told was my wife. When we were dating she came across my stash and told me to get rid of it. Now that we have been married for 16 years I fully disclosed my dressing (having ups arrive with some clothes didn't help) about 2 years ago. We have the don't ask don't tell thing going on but in one conversation she admitted that she knew all along, and was sort of jealous that I was a size smaller than her.

Erin McShea
05-15-2012, 07:39 PM
The ONLY person that knows is my lovely wife. Happened pretty quickly into our relationship. and for that i am very thankful that she is understanding about my NEED (most of the time)

sometimes_miss
05-16-2012, 12:43 AM
My ex wife. The 'ex' tells you that it didn't work out very well. Then my mom and sister, that didn't go well either. One friend gradually distanced themselves from me until there wasn't even a christmas card coming anymore. That was years ago. Two gay women, years apart, one moved away, the other doesn't work with me anymore. So, essentially there's no one currently in my life who knows.

April_Ligeia
05-16-2012, 01:47 AM
My ex wife. The 'ex' tells you that it didn't work out very well.

Lol, I stopped telling people after telling my ex-wife, because her response kind of wrecked part of my life. She told me all about how everyone she told about me {i.e. everyone she knows} thinks I am a freak, and not in a good way, so I was outed to everybody her big mouth inflicted itself upon for about 5-6 months... At this point, if anyone asks, my response is usually along the lines of, "what do you think? Oh yeah, I don't care." Honestly, I live my life and do my thing, but wish I could be less defensive. That doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon, but whatever... Gee, this is sort of depressing, I wish I had more accepting friends, damn...

Deidre
05-16-2012, 03:37 AM
one of my best friends kendra about 5 years ago and no one else till recently. kendra has to be one of the greatest people on the planet :)