PDA

View Full Version : Plasic food wrap

SusanCACD
04-21-2012, 03:17 PM
I just tried something and I find it hard to believe it worked so well. With warmer weather being here I wanted to wear some tight jeans and tank top out. But, like many of the other girls of my age the "love handles" were a worry. So I got a long piece of saran wrap and wrapped it around my waist and put on my tank top. In a word "WOW" I couldn't believe my waist line! No bulges or nothin! It was great. Made me want to shave my legs so I am going to do that right now. It's amazing how such a small body issue will stop one from pursuing all that needs to be done to be pretty. I am happy I tried it, have any of you girls tried that? It would work better if I had another pair of hands to keep that stuff from sticking together so maybe those with S.O.'s it might work better. Sorry for the rant. Just had to share.
Susan

Vickie_CDTV
04-21-2012, 03:31 PM
A friend of mine who is a fulltime steel boned corset wearer did this to get through airport security and still maintain her cinched in waist. The only problem I can see is that plastic cannot breathe and it might get irritate the skin after a while. You could try a long leg high waist panty girdle which is designed to help with this problem.

Marguarite
04-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Susan, Something else that I have found that also does a good job is an excersize belt. I got one at K=mart, reebok, it is urethane like a wet suit and cloth covered. There are three zippers that let you chose what size, and how tight to make it. It is shaped thinner in the middle and gives a bit of shape like a corset. Unlike the saran wrap it absorbs sweat, I created a puddle eventually in the saran wrap. I think the price was only $10 or $12.

SusanCACD
04-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Well like I said, I could wear a tight tank top without any bulges or anything. I am sure I sound like a beginner cause I am, and it was for a short walk up to a gas station to pick up some cigarets. (I know, I am trying to quit) but I felt sexy and that's all that matters, cheap, quick, easy to remove and well,,,, beats all that frigging exercise!!!!

Susan

rita63
04-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Sounds like its worth a try, I'll let you know.

hugs rita

Presh GG
04-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Spanks has lots of styles that help in those spots you are unhappy with.

OR if you have an old pair of control top hose just cut above the knee.

Presh GG

Noemi
04-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Just get clothes that are appropriate for your figure and be comfortable. The world loves fat girls, just look around. I always like fat girls, so feminine, Goddess.
The plastic wrap thing made me smile though.
I remember years ago I used to work as a line cook, and we would do all kinds of things with the big rolls of plastic wrap, none of which were wrapping it around our waists LOL.

Jessica Who
04-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Very cool! I think you should apply for a patent ;)

SusanCACD
04-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Ha Ha Ha Jeissica~ I don't think so, but I have another "meat squeezer" idea that just might sell!
Susan

Babeba
04-21-2012, 10:09 PM
I remember it being a thing we were warned against in high school, as part of one of those 'career and life management' type courses. It's really not that great for your skin, TBH, you can really clog your pores and irritate your hair follicles in that way. Ingrown hair on the back and/or belly, anyone? :( You would be much better off either going the control top pantyhose route OR spending some time getting to know and love your body for the beautiful person you truly are. I am a firm believer that the clothes should fit you, not the other way around!

NathalieX66
04-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Plastic wrap sounds sweaty.
I'll stick to running ,and going on a vegan diet....sorry if I sound like a snob here.
Even though I ate filet mignon last night, mainly because my mom served me one, I'm still about the water content ratio of veggies & fruit to help me lose weight.

busker
04-21-2012, 10:48 PM
I remember it being a thing we were warned against in high school, as part of one of those 'career and life management' type courses. It's really not that great for your skin, TBH, you can really clog your pores and irritate your hair follicles in that way. Ingrown hair on the back and/or belly, anyone? :( You would be much better off either going the control top pantyhose route OR spending some time getting to know and love your body for the beautiful person you truly are. I am a firm believer that the clothes should fit you, not the other way around!
Presh mentioned Spanx and that is exactly what it is for--pushing all those pesky little bulges into line. But, it is as expensive-almost-as sin, and the inventor (?) of that little line of spanex clothing is a BILLIONAIRE at 41 years old. I'd like to be in her waist cincher --her shoes would be way TOO SMALL. Corsets work because the stays are perpendicular to the stomach muscles where most things have no effect because they are parallel to the stomach muscles and don't control the bulging.
I'm trying diet and exercise rather that breaking my ribs.

Ally 2112
04-22-2012, 09:32 AM
I purchased a hi panty girdle at Walmart a fews years back has done wonders for me .But i still want a padded panty i need some curves in that area !

Julia_in_Pa
04-22-2012, 09:49 AM
At least your stay fresh while in the refrigerator.
What happens when you start to rot?

Julia

Stephanie47
04-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Saran wrap and other plastic wraps are sweaty and do not absorb moisture. I personally have a preference for foundation garments to hold in bulges or make some uniformity to the shape. I love longline bras and high waist girdles. With just cutting out junk food I lost fifteen pounds and dropped the waist size from 40 to 38. With a little help and sucking it in I can get to a 36 waist which I figure is not too bad with a 42 chest and the preference of a C cup. And, I rather choose empire waist dresses and sheaths that are a little more forgiving than dresses with the natural waist time. I think a little illusion is better than plastic wrap.

SusanCACD
04-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Ha Ha Ha Julia, it was just a way to trim my waist for a quick trip to pick up something and return home. As others have pointed out, it is not recommended for long time use. I have a corset (from the lady in San Francisco) and a cincher from Frederick's but as many know they will show under thin fabric so for just a quick trip, I did it. Later I went and got a pizza and beer (lite beer) and wore it again, this time when I returned it was wet from perspiration (GIRL DON"T SWEAT!). Any way, not sure what I will do when and if I get out of the fridge hopefully, (like so much else I put in there) I won't smell TOO bad, nothing a nice bubble bath won't solve. This has been fun and I really enjoy the comments. Be good girls and be happy.
Susan