PDA

View Full Version : Wifes getting comfortable

Maria 60
04-22-2012, 07:01 AM
Wow! what a day yesterday. I had just wrote a thread yesterday morning about how comfortable my wife is about speaking in public concerning fem topics. Well she put the icing on the cake yesterday. In case you haven't noticed my wife loves to shop and Maria is no different. We walked into Suzy Sheer and there were so many summer dresses and i turned to my wife and said if Maria was a real women i would have a summer dress for every day of the month. Ever since our second child my wife had gained weight and just can't lose it, and she isn't comfortable wearing dresses. She found one that she liked and went to try it on and i went to the back with her to the change area and i don't know why they don't put chairs there so i was sitting on a wooden box. She came out looked in the mirror and you could see the frustration on her face, it was pretty busy in there and a women next to her said, what a pretty dress. Well! my wife turned to her and said, this dress is pretty in a picture and on the hanger and then i put it on and it looks like a balloon, and what pisses me off the worst is i buy these dresses bring them home they don't look good on me, and then he takes them and he looks like a million dollars in them. I look up at her and i was like what the f#&k did you say. There was a pause and the women looked at me for a second and then turned around and my wife went in the change room and got changed and she must of felt bad so she bought the dress for me. When we left the store she apologized, and i said, are you kidding, so i look like a million dollars when i am dressed, ill take that as a compliment. I just can't believe how comfortable she is getting when talking in public, being in the closet i don't know if that's a good thing or i should just be happy that she is comfortable with my fem side.

kimdl93
04-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Talk about a Freudian Slip! It may be time for Maria to come out of the closet!

janet54
04-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Girl just go with it.

Raychel
04-22-2012, 08:28 AM
That is a great compliment from your wife. Apparently she does not mind you dressing, other then maybe you look too good. I would have loved to see the other womans face. :heehee:

Bree Wagner
04-22-2012, 08:57 AM
I could imagine my wife saying the same thing and me turning about 18 shades of red. What a great compliment in a very odd way. Hopefully she can find something that makes her feel the same way. Enjoy your new dress.

-Bree

Tina B.
04-22-2012, 09:37 AM
I don't think your gone to be in that closet long with her around!lol The way I see it, if she is that comfortable with it, then you should just relax and go with it!
Tina B.

Stephanie47
04-22-2012, 10:40 AM
I think that shows a lot of acceptance in a relationship. My wife has gain a lot of weight due to poor dietary habits and really looks terrible in most dresses. It is difficult to hide rolls of fat. She got made a me for telling her I had to buy new jeans with a slimmer cut and lesser waist size, which resulted from cutting out junk food and watching calories. For a long time she would not buy any slinky nighties because she thought I would envision how I looked in them. So, I think our wife is very accepting. Maybe you and her need to sit down and discuss a good dietary and exercise plan, i.e., make a lifestyle change so you both can look sexy and attractive in pretty dresses.

SusanCACD
04-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Maybe you should do things, work for and with her to get in shape. I NEVER bring up weight or size stuff with my wife. Maybe eating salads or drinking water instead of soda and kinda indirectly help her along. Maybe do some stir fry cooking or do some excersize in front of her. But never mention weight. When was the last Time you told her how pretty she is? It's the little things ya know...
Susan

P. S. It seems exsersize is a dirt word here, I can't make spell check fix it. Guess it is not a common word LOL

Kerigirl2009
04-22-2012, 11:21 AM
ROFLMAO!!! Oh that was funny!!! But you turned a bit red (but only for a second) I hope it didn't cause you to much embarrassment. I would think its a bit harder being outed when your not expecting it and presenting male. I am sure your wife thought afterwards, oops.
Thanks for making my morning

Keri

PretzelGirl
04-22-2012, 12:56 PM
First, I would make sure she kept the dress. If she likes it on the rack, let her know that you like it on her! One thing is that she probably does and is just venting because she wants to look differently. But I would also start finding clothing she is comfortable with. If she starts comparing herself to you,it could become dangerous for her outlook. She is already showing she is beautiful. She just now needs to feel it.

But to the comments. Acceptance is great! But if you and her are not planning on you being out, you may need to have a discussion. It needs to be a kind and loving discussion, but if she is going to say things like that without thinking and the two of you don't want Maria out, then there is a problem.

suchacutie
04-22-2012, 01:43 PM
It is startling the first time (and many more after that!!!). But it is really lovely that she's so comfortable to be able to "slip" like that.

Tina was just starting out when my wife and I were in a drug store. She just marched me over to the cosmetics and started taking things off the shelves, handing them to me, and in a loud voice said, "Tina will need these now". My jaw just dropped...but it taught me to go with it!!

:)

Joann Smith
04-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Thats was a funny little story..LOL But with that being said ...you might want to work on the wifes self esteem a bit because if she thinks you look better that her...OMG... thats a pissing match waiting to happen ...

Foxglove
04-22-2012, 03:47 PM
But to the comments. Acceptance is great! But if you and her are not planning on you being out, you may need to have a discussion. It needs to be a kind and loving discussion, but if she is going to say things like that without thinking and the two of you don't want Maria out, then there is a problem.

I'd go along with this, Sue.

ReineD
04-23-2012, 03:23 AM
When we left the store she apologized, and i said, are you kidding, so i look like a million dollars when i am dressed, ill take that as a compliment. I just can't believe how comfortable she is getting when talking in public, being in the closet i don't know if that's a good thing or i should just be happy that she is comfortable with my fem side.

Well, it's not quite a compliment. The "million dollars" has more to do with the fact that you currently have a smaller weight to height ratio than she has. Someone mentioned jealousy, but it's not. She's saying that she's frustrated or angry (at herself) because she has allowed her weight to get out of control. I can guarantee you that if her weight was normal, she would not feel frustrated because her husband is skinnier than her and therefore looks the way that she feels SHE should look in a pretty summer dress.

You might want to consider apologizing to her for having been a bit insensitive when you dismissed what was going on with her and thanked her for the compliment. You could tell her you were so pleased to hear that she wasn't putting down the CDing, you completely ignored her own feelings of sadness, anger, or frustration. In other words, you made it all about you when she was expressing negative feelings about herself.

As to speaking about this publicly, had anyone that you know been there, I don't think she would have said anything. She might even have said this to embarrass you because she felt so frustrated and this is why she felt bad and bought you the dress ... not because she outed you? It's not difficult to say things to people we know we'll never see again. What was the woman's reaction?

linda allen
04-23-2012, 08:51 AM
My wife gave me some of her panties and bought me some more so we went to the store to buy her some new ones. At the checkout, the SA said to my wife "You should come by for our bra fitting day next week." My wife said "We've been buying those Ahh Bras off ebay."

As we walked away I said something to her about the "we" part. She said "I didn't say we were wearing them."

We were packing for a trip last night. She said to me "Set out the bras and panties you want to take."

Did I mention how much I love her?

............... She came out looked in the mirror and you could see the frustration on her face, it was pretty busy in there and a women next to her said, what a pretty dress. Well! my wife turned to her and said, this dress is pretty in a picture and on the hanger and then i put it on and it looks like a balloon, and what pisses me off the worst is i buy these dresses bring them home they don't look good on me, and then he takes them and he looks like a million dollars in them..........

Well, the woman has no way of knowing if your wife is serious or just kidding. Your wife didn't come out and say you are a crossdresser. It doesn't matter anyway unless you know the woman.

Tell your wife how much you love her, how good she looks, give her a hug, and do whatever you can to help her regain her figure and self esteem.