PDA

View Full Version : Barber shop in androgeny

jjjjohanne
11-07-2005, 08:46 PM
I know you are all probably getting tired of my stories of going out as a man in all women's wear. I just have to share my latest adventure. I went out in my usual outfit (White blouse, black shorts, nude hose, casual flats) and went to the barber shop. The shop keeper was a woman from Korea. There was a man in her chair, and two men waiting to be served. I sat down and received only polite nods of recognition. No one looked at me enough to notice what I was wearing.

The other men were served. No new customers entered. As the last guy paid, I sat with my legs crossed, reading a magazine. He left and she called me. I turned and put up the magazine before uncrossing my legs. As I sat in her chair, she asked me if I was not cold. I said no, and then added "I am cheating a little." I think the language barrier did away with that comment.

I talked with her pleasantly during my haircut. I am not sure, but I think I noticed her look at my feet twice. She could have been looking in her drawer... So it's not official. Anyhow, she was entirely natural with me. It was another non-event.

I decided to go to the Leggs, Bali, Hanes, etc ... outlet in the mall. It was in the evening, so it was crowded. I entered through an anchor store. Two or three people immediately looked at my feet when they saw me. Apparently, my shoes are giving me away. I think people look at them because they just don't seem right for a man to wear without long pants or socks. Once someone looks at my feet, I am sure the hose are obvious enough (with my smooth legs) to give me the rest of the way away.

I went to the Leggs outlet and asked a few questions, and then left. I didn't want to shop, I just wanted to cross the milestone of going to the leggs outlet in hose!

The Shoes::
http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensCasuals&BLC=WomensCasualsClassic&Width=Regular&ItemCode=8505&LotNumber=025773&Type=Adult&Popularity=795&DescriptiveColor=Black

Thanks for reading!
Joe

Katrina
11-07-2005, 09:23 PM
I know you are all probably getting tired of my stories of going out as a man in all women's wear...

Keep 'em comin'!

...I just wanted to cross the milestone of going to the leggs outlet in hose!

That is awesome!

Rachel Morley
11-07-2005, 09:33 PM
I know you are all probably getting tired of my stories of going out as a man in all women's wear.
No way!

Hi Joe,

It's funny that you should mention getting attention because of your shoes because this has happened to me about 3 times now. The first time I was wearing a women's pair of white tennis shoes that had prominent lavender trim on them. I was also wearing a woman's black high buttoning cardigan sweater and blue jeans. Marla and I were in the mall and we walked past 2 teenage girls. I saw both of them look directly at my feet and then look at each other all wide eyed and shocked. I didn't see anything else because I was past them my then but it was definitely the shoes they noticed.

Another time was when we were shopping for some home improvement products at Home Dept. This time I was not wearing a cardigan but I was still wearing a fairly girly t-shirt, women’s jeans and women’s white tennis shoes that had pale baby blue trim on them. We were looking at paint brushes and a woman behind us was struggling to get passed with her cart. She said "excuse me ladies". I turned around to look at her and she exclaimed to Marla "oh sorry, but it was his shoes!". I guess she was looking down because from the back I didn’t look that girly.

So what’s my point? Well, nothing really except that openly wearing women’s clothes as a guy can sometimes have surprising outcomes. When people are not paying particular attention to you, and take just a quick look they can sometimes come to the most unlikely conclusions.

KathrynW
11-07-2005, 09:37 PM
I went to the Leggs outlet and asked a few questions, and then left. I didn't want to shop, I just wanted to cross the milestone of going to the leggs outlet in hose!
:confuse: