PDA

View Full Version : Ears pierced

jolien
11-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Well girls today I did it. My girlfriend and I have been trying to plan when I could get my ears pierced. We thought maybe towards the end of the month would be good. You see with my job I would not be able to wear the earrings at work. Plus I could not decide whether to just do one ear, or just go for it like I wanted to and do both. Well, I woke up this morning and decided it was the day.
So my girlfriend and I went to Claire's. She started to look at the studs you could choose from. Then, the clerk came over and asked if she could help us. My girlfriend said yes he wants to get his ears pierced. The sales lady said just one ear, or both. I looked right at her and said both. She did not even bat an eye. She just got out the paperwork and had me fill it out. Then sat me in the chair and did both ears. Did not hurt a bit. And let me tell you girls, it looks fabulous.
My girlfriend and I then went shopping at a few places and then out to eat. I don't think a single person noticed that I had both ears pierced. I will still hide it from my family and of course I'll have to take them out at work, but I'm so happy that I finally got the guts to do it. For anyone who is thinking about getting their ears pierced, just do it, and do them both, like you know you want to. Remember the more of "girls" that people see with both ears pierced, the less of a big deal it will be.

Cathy
11-07-2005, 11:08 PM
:D Congratulations Jolien I had both mine done years ago and wear them on the weekends. I have never had anyone say anything to me. I did have the same problem you have; I could not wear them at work. One of the women I worked with gave me a good idea. Use fishing line. Tie a small not and put them in from the back. Worked for me to my knowledge know one never noticed anything.

Rachel Morley
11-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Hi Jolien,

I'm so happy for you :) I know how it feels to have BOTH ears done. It's scary but exciting at the same time. I remember a time just after I had them done I was in a spa pool at my local health club with one of my buddies and his young son, and his son said to me "how come you have got both your ears pierced..I thought only girls do that". Fortunately for me his Dad piped up with "well, these days it doesn't matter what people do".

Having both ears pierced as a guy is liberating! However, I still "wimp out" when it comes to wearing my earrings at work!

Maria2004
11-07-2005, 11:49 PM
I got both ears pierced in Sept, I wear them 24-7, at work or were ever I darn well please. I work construction, framer, many of my peers have pierced ears and "tats", so I'm just one of the guys on the job, and when I go to Atlanta en-femm I'm just one of the "girlz". Life is good :)

hjt101
11-08-2005, 02:03 AM
It took me a while to get the second one done, but no regrets! I wore one or two rings in my left lobe for almost 10 years before I consistantly wore one in my right. I had it poked a few years before, but only wore jewels in it when I was at home. I now have 3 holes in each lobe and one small stud in my left nostril. I think I put more stress on myself getting my nose done, that I ever felt getting my ears perforated.

Adrianne
11-08-2005, 04:00 AM
Congrataltions Jolien, i have had both ears pierced for 20 years. Way to go sis.

crossing_over
11-08-2005, 04:05 AM
sweeeeeet!! i got my left ear pierced when i was 12 and my right one done when i was 14 ...the right one eventually closed because i didnt wear earrings for about 2 years but i think i may repierce it myself.... ALOT of guys have their ears pierced nowadays so it's no big to see a guy get it done..... my dad didnt want me to so he told me how bad it was gonna hurt and all and when the lady (karen) was done i didnt even think she had started! now come to find out my dad used to want an earring :-/ now, if he'd walk in in a skirt or something one day i would be in heaven lol

kysmet
11-08-2005, 11:21 AM
I got my left ear pierced when I was 18. The girl put the stud in the gun backwards and tried to pierce my ear that way. She eventually got it right. Got the right ear done a year later and then one more hole in each ear over the next several months. Four holes total and always something in them. I wear 12 gauge hoops in all four holes. I have considered going to smaller gauges on the two inner holes. I wear mine at work and everywhere else.

Ericka Jean

Julie York
11-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Well done....I only have the one so far (next one is 3 weeks!) but it was sort of scary and very sexy. Like being branded a "girl" or something. When I get the second one done I shall probably blush all over again.

But it will be fun!

Pantyhose_R_fun
11-08-2005, 01:31 PM
I am new here. I got my left ear pierced on my 16th birthday, and my right ear on my 17th or 18th. It is no big deal to have both ears pierced. I have them both since 18 I am now 24.

Emberantha
11-08-2005, 01:45 PM
I also have had my ears each single pierced for over 20 years. Usually I wear diamond/zircon studs to work and during the week, and wear 1/2" hoops on the weekend. I see enough men in this area with both ears pierced so I don't really stand out that much anymore.

---
Using yesterday's technology to solve today's problems, tomorrow

andreaboots
11-08-2005, 05:54 PM
:jumping: :thumbup: Very cool girl!! congrats!! Today I got my right ear pierced, 26 years after I got my left ear pierced. Better late then not at all. Had a great conversation with the gal too and I think she knew what was up too, "so what?". It was a thrill. I then proceeded to get some nice earings to wear when the healing is done, Yay! Great forum!!!

Jodi Lynn
11-08-2005, 06:04 PM
:yrtw: Isn't it great, I had mine done 6 or 7 years ago. I wish i had done it years before that.

Lindahexi
11-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Hi Jolien,
I know how good it feels having both ears pierced, I had mine done at Claire's, had one girl on each ear, they counted down 3-2-1 and both guns fired together, it was really cool experience, didn't hurt a bit. I have the largest studs that they had on offer, and leave them in 24-7, I love them.

One question though; I was told to leave the studs in for 6 weeks, how come you take them out for work, won't it lengthen the healing process?

Anyway congrats,

Hugs,

Linda.

Jocelyn Renee
11-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Congrats Jolien! I know you're gonna enjoy having both ears pierced. I had one ear pierced when I was in my early 20's and decided to get the other done about 10 years ago. When the lady went to pierce it, the gun misfired and only put the earring in part way. I spent the next 20 minutes with the gun attached to my ear, while various people offered advice on how to remove the gun without removing my earlobe.

The poor clerk was mortified and offered me all sorts of free earrings to compensate for the trouble. She's the manager of the store now and I still see her about everytime we go to the mall. LOL

Cheers,
Jocelyn

FrannieGrl
11-08-2005, 11:17 PM
I have been thinking of having both of my ears
pierced for over a year and today, after reading
all of Your posts this morning, I went to a kiosk
in the mall en Homme and had them both done. :thumbsup:

I then went into some shops where people know
me and they made no comments about my earrings.
I then went into the department store where I work
occassionally, to find lovely bargains in new clothing,
and bought a man's suit (for a Young friend) from
someone I have worked with for the last two years.
If he noticed, he made no surprised looks, nor any
remarks and I was very comfortable with how I looked.

As I was preparing to leave the store, I saw a young
man who seemed to be lost and tried to help him find
what he was looking for, but when he saw my earings,
he kind of freaked out and said that he didn't need
my help. He took off in a hurry. +?

I think that he must have a rather low opinion of men
with pierced ears. Too bad, cause I certainly wasn't
the least bit interested in him.

It did not bother me that he was so naive or so
maladjusted. I am so glad I got my ears pierced,
cause now I can wear some of those lovely new
"sliders" that girls and women are wearing. No more
need to have my ear lobes pinched by clip-ons. :p

Hooray for me and the new sliders that I will be able
to wear.
Hugs and Cuddles, Frannie

Lindahexi
11-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Frannie, well done girl; confidence is the thing, after a couple of weeks most people you know will have seen them and accepted them, and you will love wearing them more and more.

Hugs,

Linda.

Lotte L
11-09-2005, 10:18 AM
:thumbsup: Jolien good for you. Sometimes I think we are too frigthend to show ourselves as we want to be. Weldone and enjoy your earrings. Does'nt it realy hurt at all?
Well girls today I did it. My girlfriend and I have been trying to plan when I could get my ears pierced. We thought maybe towards the end of the month would be good. You see with my job I would not be able to wear the earrings at work. Plus I could not decide whether to just do one ear, or just go for it like I wanted to and do both. Well, I woke up this morning and decided it was the day.
So my girlfriend and I went to Claire's. She started to look at the studs you could choose from. Then, the clerk came over and asked if she could help us. My girlfriend said yes he wants to get his ears pierced. The sales lady said just one ear, or both. I looked right at her and said both. She did not even bat an eye. She just got out the paperwork and had me fill it out. Then sat me in the chair and did both ears. Did not hurt a bit. And let me tell you girls, it looks fabulous.
My girlfriend and I then went shopping at a few places and then out to eat. I don't think a single person noticed that I had both ears pierced. I will still hide it from my family and of course I'll have to take them out at work, but I'm so happy that I finally got the guts to do it. For anyone who is thinking about getting their ears pierced, just do it, and do them both, like you know you want to. Remember the more of "girls" that people see with both ears pierced, the less of a big deal it will be.

crotchhiboots
12-06-2005, 06:47 PM
I have had six holes in both ears for over 12 years and wear hoops anywere from 1" to 4". I haven't had a negitive comment said to me about it for years. Hell most rock and rap stars have both ears pierced and nobody cares. Nowadays no one bats an eye at men with both ears pierced.