PDA

View Full Version : My daughter

Jacqueline Winona
04-24-2012, 01:12 AM
So, she gets invited to a friend's party and one of the things that they get to do is have makeup put on, nails painted, and enjoy her girliness. This is the second one she has been invited to with a similar theme. And, of all the girls who go, she is the only one who wants nothing to do with makeup, thinks pierced ears are evil, wouldn't be caught dead in a dress, and wants nothing to do with nail polish. :) Yep, that's my girl! Honestly, I'm extremely proud that at such a young age (not quite 10) she has enough courage and self-assurance to go her own way and not bend to peer-pressure, but the CD in me of course is thinking Why not enjoy this? The kicker is my other daughter (who is much closer to her mother than me) is a true girly girl and just loves everything pink, everything e;lse to do with being a girl, etc. Strange how it all works out.

ReineD
04-24-2012, 01:23 AM
Honestly Winona, when I was young, girls didn't get into all that stuff until their teen years. There was no way I was interested in makeup and nail polish when I was 10. I was too busy being a kid! :)

They sure start them early, don't they? Too early in my opinion. Why on earth would a 10 year old want to adorn herself in the same manner that older girls do who want to attract boys? There's plenty of time for that and I admire your daughter for telling everyone she isn't interested. I suspect there might be one or two other little girls who also aren't ready. I also think that she'll have a change of heart when she starts to be aware of romantic relationships. :)

Jacqueline Winona
04-24-2012, 01:36 AM
I agree with you, Reine, way too early to start this for my tastes. :) I love her for everything of course, but the courage she has to make her own path just melts my heart. And I believe you, this is likely to change as she gets a bit older, not looking forward to all of the changes that will follow, lol!

PretzelGirl
04-24-2012, 10:37 AM
I am going to agree with Reine. A lot of girls start trying to grow up way to early. I had to get on my youngest a lot with her style of dress (yes I said "you are not going out in that"). If they feel they have to grow up too fast, then they tend to take on things they aren't equipped to handle yet. They need to be kids longer. There will be plenty of years to be an adult.

pureslvr GG
04-24-2012, 03:36 PM
I myself never got into the make up phase, as a "little girl" or through my teen years. The most makeup I ever wore at the time was my first wedding. My daughter however is a different story, she's a foo foo girly girl, but a jeans and t-shirt girl as well. She won't leave the house without full makeup. She's a very fem young lady of 26 and has a 7 yr old daughter who is just like her.....go figure..... I am so happy for you that your daughter has not given in to the peer pressure to do something that she is not comfortable doing, that speaks volumes, props to you and your wife for raising self assured girls.