PDA

View Full Version : Fake bum/hips?

NikkiT
11-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Does anyone have some advice on the subject? Which brand is best and which store to shop at? I'm looking into wearing some shorter/tighter dresses, and think that a fake ass will be required in pulling it off. I've been eyeing something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Padded-Panty-Panties-Hips-Butt-Shaper-Nude-X-Large_W0QQitemZ5438938235QQcategoryZ45276QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

What do you think?

Vickie
11-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Well Betty that doesn't look too bad and the price can't be beat if it is only about $20 you can't go wrong. But for tight dresses etc to really pull it off I would save up some hard earned cash and go buy the Mercedes of the hip and bum padding a Veronica. A search on the web for Classic Curves Veronica will get you to the website. But in the meantime I would even consider buying one of those if the shipping was cheap.

By the way that is a very beautiful avtar photo you have :)

Vickie
http://geocities.com/vickieb6000/

Sally2005
11-08-2005, 01:05 AM
Here's one way to do it...

Get some high density 1-2" thick foam padding like they use in chairs. Cut two large ovals about 8" x 12". Using an electric carving knife like you use for carving turkey, trim the foam so that the middle of each pad gradually tapers to zero at the outside edges.

I made some, they work really well under pantyhose when wearing jeans and they don't seem to more around, but it takes some trial and error to locate them.

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-08-2005, 02:38 AM
Hi Betty,

There's was a bit of discussion about this:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17069

Looks like your eBay pads might not give the smoothest lines, and are a little big in the butt. But as Vickie, said at $20, it's hard to go wrong and you can always use Sally's technique to trim down the butt if you feel the need (just be sure to do the trimming on the underside, so you've still got a smooth butt).

jo_ann
11-08-2005, 06:17 AM
I tried the "make at home" foam thing and it just doesn't seem to look right. Either I'm using the wrong thickness or it's too long. I think I might invest in a decent pair.

LindaTS
11-08-2005, 10:05 AM
I know we've talked about this in the past but I use the Veronica 1 from www.clcrv.com. It's a bit pricey but it works great. I think there has been some discussion about this very recently.

Sally2005
11-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Here's a photo so you can see the home made results...

Wendy me
11-08-2005, 12:01 PM
check out this place .... http://www.glamourboutique.com/bodyshape/index.html

Barbara Van Horn
11-08-2005, 08:11 PM
I have a Veronica 2 I bought some time ago from Classic Curves at http://www.clcrv.com/. I like it a lot. It is durable and stays put. It ain't cheap. I think they are running about $135 right now, but for a smooth outline they are hard to beat.

There are several of the girls I know who don't pad their hips. My friend Rachel says they look like lawn darts. Hips should be as wide as your chest and about 8 to 10 inches larger than your waist. Even if you cinch 'til you're blue the profile won't look feminine without some help.

Blessings,

Katrina
11-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Sally, your bum looks great! Nice job!

Jesse69
11-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Do any of those hip padfds mentioned misalign when you sit then stand up a lot? Do they need frequent adjustment when wearing them?

I didn't see any that I liked, and the Veronica is too expensive. The ebay hip pads suck - their before & after photos don't look good. I do want hips though.

sportschick
11-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Though I'm currently on haitus from cding, a couple of years ago I did the same as Sally( Sally..nice butt!), 1 1/2" foam, shaped with an electric carving knife and fine tuned with a bench mount belt sander(sounds pretty funny doesn't it!), you can feather the foam to nothing at the edges. Trial and error is necessary. Places that cater to people who do upholstering, pillows etc have various density foam. About 20 bucks buys enough for 2-3 sets. Tape or 3M spray adhesive can be used to attach them to the inside of some thin, long lyrca shorts, bike shorts, or cut-off tights, depending on how smooth a transition to your skin you need, so you can taper them down your thighs a ways, more realistic. Then just pull them on, they're the same every time. Course I haven't seen mine for a year, but that's another story.

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-09-2005, 03:16 AM
Jesse, you might check out the Glamour Boutique pads, which are $50. Haven't tried them myself, but they look like they shaped similar to the Veronica 1 (which is the shorter version). They're not customized to your shape, but it's a third the price.

Diann
11-22-2005, 02:38 AM
Here's a photo so you can see the home made results...

Read your post on padding could you take a pic of just the pad, mine didn't turn out as shapely as yours. A pic would really help! Dainn

MandyTS
11-22-2005, 03:20 AM
Soon I will have my own "hips and butt" so I am not so worried. :D

Mandy