PDA

View Full Version : Entering Canada dressed via air from the USA

mala
04-24-2012, 09:32 AM
In June after attending Be All in Chicago I am flying to Vancouver to spend some extra days vacation.

I'd like to continue my vacation time as Mala without changing back till I fly back to the UK (10 hrs overnight is not good for the facial presentation http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif. I do not possess any letters/documentation saying I am in transition as this is not the case. All my documentation states I am male.

I have heard of and read about here that there are new regulations in place for Canadian immigration which could make this desire to travel en femme difficult.

Has anyone here who is in the same non transition status as Myself had experience of flying into Canada and Canadian immigration.

My inclination is to travel in a state which reflects my passport photos, although I would wear female jeans, tops, discrete makeup and perfume but no wig, breast forms and heels.

All comments welcome.

Mala xx

VickysBFF
04-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi Mala: I do not have any personal experience in this area but I have read several threads on this topic on these boards in the past. The consensus opinion has been that it is generally fairly safe to travel domestically en femme. Most who have done this have not reported any issues or problems.
However, as you are traveling to/from/between 3 different countries it is probably best to travel in drab to avoid any delays or problems. TSA (travel security) in the U.S. has had lots of problems and issues with all kinds of people for all kinds of reasons and it is best to avoid any problems.
Good luck to you and have a great trip. I have not been to Chicago but have visited Vancouver several times and it is a very nice city to visit.

RADER
04-24-2012, 05:13 PM
With the way the TSA are today, I would not take a chance.
Our son went on a cruse with the family over spring break to Mexico.
He had his passport in the suit case, his wife had hers and the daughters
in her purse. They would not let him Bord with out the passport.
His wife was lucky in that she got to the luggage in their room just in time
to find the pass port to let him Bord. He made it by a few minuets.
Rader

AllieSF
04-24-2012, 06:03 PM
I think that in the USA you will not have any issues except maybe a full pat down while going through TSA security check points. However based on previous threads about newer Canadian rules regarding looking like your ID and legal gender, you definitely need to look at the threads on the Canadian security issues. Now, if you are in transit, i.e. never leave the controlled international arrival and departure areas, you may be able to travel "through" Canada. However, if you plan to stop and stay a few days, that may be a problem. Since you are a foreigner to Canada, why not call their local consulate where you live and ask them directly making sure to state that you are transgendered with or without proper documentation and/or surgeries and see what they say. Good luck and please let us know what you find out. Enjoy your trip.

ChristineM
04-24-2012, 06:32 PM
I have always found it best, whether entering Canada by ground or air, to be dressed.

(Could...not....help....myself...I'll be in the corner now)

Miranda-E
04-24-2012, 10:12 PM
If your paperwork is correct and there is good recent picture on your passport/E-ID there is NO problem.
The gender/name listed on the ticket has to match the gender/name on your E-ID/passport

The absolute worst that can happen is the on-site security will call the canadian flight minister for instructions and the flight minister will tell them to board you if the ID matches.