PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream

prajna
04-24-2012, 05:43 PM
20 year old guy here. Two nights ago, I had a dream where I was in a bathroom getting ready to go to a party or something. I looked in the mirror and noticed that I was wearing girls' clothing (A cute scarf, peacoat, makeup, feminine hairstyle, etc) While looking at my reflection, I was absolutely overcome with warm satisfaction. I looked so... pretty :o. I had never in my life felt so happy about my appearance (even if it was just a dream), and ever since then I just can't get the thought out of my mind.

I told my girlfriend of two years. She thought that was pretty funny, and happily said that "hey, if you want to be a crossdresser, I am totally fine with that". I've always had a good fashion/color sense, and have been somewhat feminine in my nature, but I don't actually dress particularly fashionable (as I've hardly ever found men's clothing that really looked good on me). But I can certainly tell a girl whether or not "this top goes with that", what colors should complement each other, or which dress to wear. Up until now, I never really thought much of it, mostly because I know without a doubt I am very straight in my sexual orientation.

I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point. I would certainly like to obtain some girly clothing and/or try putting on makeup, but I don't really know where to begin (and I know next to NOTHING about makeup). Mostly I'm just really happy that I had this realization. The thought of being pretty or cute sounds so much more appealing than being handsome or manly :battingeyelashes:

kimdl93
04-24-2012, 05:58 PM
You understand that our opinions are likely to be biased, right?

Kaz
04-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Very biased! If your girl friend is okay with you exploring this potential aspect of you and you are keen to try... there is only one way to go... If it doesn't work, you can it and chalk it up to experience.

prajna
04-24-2012, 06:23 PM
You understand that our opinions are likely to be biased, right?

I'm not particularly looking for advice on whether or not I should try this out. I just wanted to share this with other people (since I don't feel comfortable telling anyone but my GF, for obvious reasons). Reading up on crossdressing is making me feel happy in a strange, new way; something I've never really felt before. It's exciting

KimberlyJean
04-24-2012, 06:43 PM
It sounds like this has been on your mind for a while. We usually dream about things that we are thinking about on some level. It was hard for me to figure out exactly what made me try on girl's clothes the first time but it has stayed with me my entire life. Once you start and find that it fills a need you will never stop. I think if I had a choice I might go back and not ever do it, life would be easier without the need to be two people.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Kimberly

Anne2345
04-24-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm not particularly looking for advice on whether or not I should try this out. I just wanted to share this with other people (since I don't feel comfortable telling anyone but my GF, for obvious reasons). Reading up on crossdressing is making me feel happy in a strange, new way; something I've never really felt before. It's exciting

You say you are not sure of what to do "at this point." Yet, you deny that you are seeking advice on whether you should pursue your "dream," or the thoughts that you have had about crossdressing. If I may ask, then, just what exactly are you hoping to find, learn, or discover about yourself within the hallowed electronic pages of this marvelous resource that is the forum?

Because you surely must be looking for something here. You have, after all, gone out of your way to proactively and affirmatively seek out and join an internet forum that is dedicated to crossdressing and transgender issues. Stated another way, one simply does not randomly or lightly join a forum such a this. So there must be a reason . . . .

But whatever that reason may be, you have come to the right place. If you allow yourself to question your feelings and emotions, and to experience who you think you may be, you can learn much, and take away even more.

And personally, I view those that actively seek to dress as members of the opposite gender to be beautiful, courageous people. It does, after all, take much courage to be true to one's self in the face of strange, foreign thoughts, and to knowingly cut across the grain of society's expectations and approval. In this, the members here exhibit and possess much courage. You also possess courage for taking these first, initial steps that have led you to this point.

The thing is, though, you will never truly know what you want or who you are until you allow yourself the freedom of thought and expression this path requires of its travelers.

Regardless, there is no need to plow forward with reckless abandon or impatience (not that there is anything you have written to suggest you would). Rather, take your time. Think about. Discuss and consider your feelings and emotions. And do not hesitate to join in and participate here. You need not feel the least amount of awkwardness, discomfort, or apprehension among the membership. You are very much among friends . . . . :)

Nicole Erin
04-25-2012, 01:14 AM
Just start learning about how to dress as a woman.

With makeup - I was gonna write some stuff about it but it would soon turn into a damned book. So for your first lesson - maybe go to a makeup counter to see if they offer a free makeover and if they could explain what they are doing. If you want to buy something that day, great, but most of the time makeup counters charge a fortune. It is worth it but as you are just learning, it is better to buy "entry level" makeup.

With clothing - You will eventually develop your own style, this cannot be summed up easily. So best to learn your female sizes. Trying on women's clothes at a thrift store is the best way to learn, but keep in mind that different clothing companies may not go by the same sizing standard. Like me - I wear a size 14 bottom, but in some bottoms I wear like a size 16 or 12. Shoes - take your man size and add 2 to that to get female shoes size. If you are a 9.5 in men's then an 11 in women's will work.

If you have no clue about fashion but want to look fashionable, go to stores that cater to women your age. Here are some to look into -
Forever 21 - younger women, they don't carry much though for fat women.
Fashion bug - Middle age women, sizes from petite to large
Lane Bryant & Catherine's - Basically clothes for old fat ladies, and tends to be overpriced.

Just look around a clothing store and see who is shopping there to know who the clientele is.

There is no "one size fits all" with how to dress en femme. Just find a starting point and build from there.