PDA

View Full Version : MY SO wants to know???? Sleeping dressed

Nancie64
04-24-2012, 10:42 PM
My SO wonders why I don't change when I go to bed. She feels I should take off the dress or skirt/ top. I usually will lose the shoes sometimes during the night but they will be under the covers waiting for me at first awakening. She tells me it is hard on the dresses or whatever I have on. Does this happened to any one else? I love it and don't plan to quit anytime soon. :daydreaming:

Voulez-Vous
04-24-2012, 11:06 PM
sleeping with your clothes on? I dunno, that's a bit out there. why not just get a cute babydoll nightie or something?

sierra_g
04-25-2012, 12:00 AM
There are a lot of cute girls jammies at the stores. I so wish I had some when I see them.

Cynthia Anne
04-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Wow! That be different! I have been drunk enough a few times to sleep in my clothes!:drink: Other then that I see no reason to do it! Unless you prefer your clothes to be winkled, torn, stain and smelly! But then I guess if you never take them off you can wash them while taking a shower!:brolleyes: I myself am a little old fashion! I prefer a nightgown in bed! But what do I know!!! Hugs!

April_Ligeia
04-25-2012, 12:40 AM
I have a bunch of pj bottoms I have bought at thrift stores that have me covered through the night. I must agree with your SO, unless passed out drunk or dead tired, none of us sleep in our work or out for the night clothes.

Eryn
04-25-2012, 01:00 AM
Clothes aren't for sleeping. Nightgowns are for sleeping, and they feel very nice.

Susan_Xdress
04-25-2012, 01:04 AM
I have to agree with the others. While I may understand some reluctance to part from your feelings of girlyness, you should really hang your skirts and dresses up in the closet and wear a pretty nightgown to bed. Apart from keeping your day clothes fresher, you will also look forward more to going to your closet in the morning to select your pretties for the day.

DanaR
04-25-2012, 01:31 AM
I'm with everyone else and wear a pretty nighty to bed.

~Joanne~
04-25-2012, 05:50 AM
I am in the closet so wearing my dresses to bed doesn't seem to make much sense, even if I wasn't in the closet they wouldn't. Like other have stated, they make a lot of different sorts of lingerie and the like for sleep time that would probably be a lot more comfortable.

Barbara Ella
04-25-2012, 09:23 AM
OK, lets address the first thing. Your SO lets you wear your female attire to bed. That in itself is so wonderful. Give her a big hug from me. I totally understand the unwillingness to take off female clothing, even for a short while, they are wonderful. However, you have permission to wear your woman' clothes to bed. There are so many sexy slinky silky things that can be worn to bed, I would give my left one (hell....both) to be able to wear a robe or babydoll or anything to bed. A lot of them are even great to wear around the house during the day. Buy something and try it, you'll like it. Get a breast form with adhesive and use them if you want to keep your forms on.

Barbara

kimdl93
04-25-2012, 09:24 AM
I wouldn never consider sleeping in my clothing. that's what nighties are for.

Kristy_K
04-25-2012, 09:31 AM

I totally agree .

paulinescotlandcd
04-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Not very comfortable. Just buy nice couple of sets of nightwear, day clothes were not designed to be worn to bed, you will ruin them.

Lorileah
04-25-2012, 09:55 AM
This just shows to go ya, that we have a really diverse group of people here. Shoes in bed is a trip though, they are dirty and the heels would be really hard on the sheets. One advantage is that if there is a disaster you will be dressed and ready to go

Silentpartner GG SO
04-25-2012, 10:03 AM
I would probably punch my husband in the eye if he even suggested wearing girly day clothes to bed - in our house no girly clothes are allowed in the bed full stop - no nighties/negligee's for him. He likes to sleep naked anyway, as do I. Sleeping in day clothes is just minging.

Kerigirl2009
04-25-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't think I could sleep dressed, especially with shoes on. But I could definately wear a bra, panties and a cami to bed or even a nighty. Sadly I am not allowed to wear those to bed, except the panties as long as they are under my sleep shorts

Sandra
04-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Ok seeing as no one else has asked I'm going to, do you get changed and into fresh clothes when you get out of bed or do you stay in the same clothes?

JennyJenny
04-25-2012, 10:49 AM
For me if I were sleeping in a dress or skirt I probably didn't mean to and I'm probably going to get in trouble XD

I agree with others that it's unusual, but I think that if you love it who cares? It's only potentially hurting the clothes and the sheets, and those can always be replaced (an excuse to go shopping more often?). You say you don't plan on stopping anytime soon, so just keep on enjoying it!

I suppose that if it's a big deal with your SO then that's something you have to figure out so as not to get punched in the eye or anything. Or if replacing and/or cleaning the clothes and sheets is eating into your budget.

Miriam-J
04-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Naked or nighty are just fine - even guy jammers at times. But dressing in day clothes ... I don't think so. It'd be like wearing my work clothes to bed.

Miriam

Claire Cook
04-25-2012, 10:56 AM
There was a time when the wife was away and I'd try sleeping fully dressed. NOT the best way to get to sleep! Now I sleep in a bra and nightie -- nice and comfy -- and my wife likes the softness! :battingeyelashes:

Debra Russell
04-25-2012, 11:29 AM
.............Whatever...............Debra

Marleena
04-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Nancie it sounds like you love your outfits. But enough to sleep in them? That could ruin them, I doubt if you sleep in your guy clothes.

The wife has a good point, wtf is correct. Get some nighties or comfie sleepwear.:)

karennjcd
04-25-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm going to go the other way here and fully agree with Nancie. I sleep with my fem clothes on all the time. Sure I do have some of what would be considered feminine sleepwear too, but the opportunity to dress for somebody closeted and a single parent is so rare that I cherish the time I can spend in a dress, or blouse with skirt, pantyhose or garterbelt/stockings, bra with cheap inserts for breasts, and yes even heels, while sleeping. Just about every night I can be "Karen", and of course "Karen's" stuff fills the majority of my suitcase when I go away and stay in hotels. I buy my shoes 1/2 to 1 size larger to account for the slight expansion of the feet while sleeping. The heels have never done any damage to my sheets because the point of the heel is not digging directly into the sheet (I'd have to STAND on the bed to accomplish that! :) ). But I would never feel totally feminine if I was decked out but in stocking feet, if you girls know what I mean!

If you are in the closet, who cares if you wake up and your dress is wrinkled? You're going to wash it anyhow. If you are "out" and will be leaving the house next day, why wouldn't somebody wear something else? Who would wear yesterday's clothes anyhow?

So this may not be for some of you, but it can be for some... just as is your choice of clothes when you dress during the day. Nancie, go for it, and be happy your wife allows it. But the ill advice about doing damage to the clothes or the bed might be a sign she isn't 100% on board!

Karen :)

Andria
04-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Sleeping fully dressed? And with shoes on? No... I can't imagine how uncomfortable that would make me feel. I wear the least amount in bed.

Cheryl T
04-25-2012, 02:20 PM
Are you just being prepared in case of emergency and you have to evacuate?????
Buy some pretty nighties and enjoy that time of day also. You'll be surprised just how nice you will feel in something lacy or satiny.
And yes, it's not going to do much good for your clothes sleeping in them, especially if you toss and turn like I do. You could end up ruining something before it's time.

Paulette
04-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Wear a nightie or panties and cami, or girlie girl PJ's but do not sleep in your clothes.

Foxglove
04-25-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm just checking my 2012 Official Crossdresser's Guide (International Edition) to see if this is even allowed. Can't find anything relevant right now. I'll get back to you when I do.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Ally 2112
04-25-2012, 04:55 PM
I always sleep with a nighty the craziest i ever got was sleeping with tights and a nighty now thats living on the edge lol

dianne_1234
04-25-2012, 04:59 PM
I also agree with Nancie, what's wrong with sleeping in anything you like? Especially women's clothes - they're so wonderful, and the time some of us have to spend in them can be so limited!

I'm actually a little surprised that some of us aren't more tolerant and accepting (after all, it's just clothes). The lack of acceptance some show just doesn't sit right with me considering that we, as a group, want tolerance and acceptance. It seems to me a few are even ... judging? Maybe I'm off in my perceptions here?

KristiKross
04-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Lots of cute p.j.s here and some are reasonably priced

You Need pajamas

http://www.yandy.com/pajamas.asp

kelsey52
04-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Whose in there right mind would sleep in there boy clothes thats just silly.lace and garders all night

RADER
04-25-2012, 09:47 PM

Count me in this arena; After a shower, I have several nice baby doll nighty's, nylon, that way
I can slide around in bed better.
My wife is always cold, so she wears flanel's pants and shirt type of Pj's
Rader

sarahcrossed
04-25-2012, 10:18 PM
i find that in my current circumstance bed time is the only time i have to dress. matter of fact right now im wearing a red sweater dress with nude nylons and a black vs bra and vs pink cheeksters to bed. the sweater dress is so comfortable.

Beverley Sims
04-26-2012, 09:02 AM
I think I would only sleep in my day clothes if I was drunk.

karennjcd
04-26-2012, 11:14 AM
I also agree with Nancie, what's wrong with sleeping in anything you like? Especially women's clothes - they're so wonderful, and the time some of us have to spend in them can be so limited!

I'm actually a little surprised that some of us aren't more tolerant and accepting (after all, it's just clothes). The lack of acceptance some show just doesn't sit right with me considering that we, as a group, want tolerance and acceptance. It seems to me a few are even ... judging? Maybe I'm off in my perceptions here?
Dianne, well said. To each their own, but within a group such as this one would expect to see more acceptance even if one feels dead set against it for their own personal reasons. I happen to love the feeling of womens clothes against my body, my nylons or tights on my legs, feet in pumps, and a bra covering breasts however fake they are, so why not have that feeling immediately upon waking up the next morning? Just as if I wore them during the day, the shoes go back in the closet, the clothes go in the laundry, and I revert to drab to face my next day until "Karen" can return once more..... if not during the day then the next night upon retiring.

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-26-2012, 02:55 PM
I wear nighties to bed every night and when it gets really hot just bra and panties. I put my day clothes on first thing in the morning to make the coffee, compromise with yourself like I have, LOL!!!!

dianne_1234
04-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Thank you Karennjcd!

I know *I* crave acceptance, and wearing women's clothing seems strange enough to most people, yet we expect (hope?) they'll accept us.

Wearing women's clothing to bed is a little stranger still maybe, but I'm sure we CDers, if not the general public, should be able to muster the acceptance to stretch and accept the idea - even if only for someone else.

Thanks for listening, hope I'm not offending anyone by saying what's on my mind here ... :-)

Marie-Elise
04-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah...I have to say that I have great negligee to sleep in. Clothes have functions. It's probably not a good idea to switch functions. After all, would you mow the lawn in a tuxedo?

Marleena
04-26-2012, 04:40 PM

No disrespect but.. It's not a matter of accceptance or tolerance at all. It's a matter of opinion. There is women's sleepwear that is quite sexy and comfy for sleeping in. Do you sleep in your male clothes? But hey.. whatever.

charlie
04-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Nancie, sleeping in your dresses and heels is really over the top! Would you like it if your wife did that? She has a valid complaint and you aren't obviously doing much for her at night. Try getting a nice nightgown!

suchacutie
04-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Might we have a bit of perspective here? Consider the situation where the tranformation process is linked closely with the feel of the clothing, the heels, and all the rest. Removing these items might peel back the sense of transformation, and her femininity.

Is it a bit of pink fog? Sure it is! Would my wife think it would be a good idea? I am sure she would ask me to reconsider my priorities!

So, do I understand this pink-fog scenario? I sure do! Should it continue? Here's my suggestion: You've spent a considerable amount of time becoming feminine in the "day" sense. Turn your efforts to the same issue in the evening sense so that your feeling of transformation may continue as it would for any GG when it's time to hit the hay!

And have fun with it.

tina

BRANDYJ
04-26-2012, 05:50 PM
I have a feeling that the OP's wife is not happy with the situation of sleeping in clothes and the shoes to boot! Speaking about BOOT, my SO would never stand for it and I'd get the boot right out of bed! Trade your dresses and skirts for a nice gown! And take the shoes off. My bet is the wife would be more tolerable.

Foxglove
04-27-2012, 01:17 AM
I understand your being reluctant to take off your clothes before getting into bed. I'm exactly the same way. I hate bedtime. I'm feeling so nice and now everything has to come off. I always say, "There's never enough hours in a day to dress."

But that's what nighties are for. Get yourself a nice one and you'll still feel very girly. For myself, I really don't care. You're not in my bed so wear what you like.

Best wishes, Annabelle

paulinescotlandcd
04-27-2012, 06:46 AM
I'm just checking my 2012 Official Crossdresser's Guide (International Edition) to see if this is even allowed. Can't find anything relevant right now. I'll get back to you when I do.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Would that be the special "do's and don't 2012 Special Edition"..send me a copy...lol

Imeni
04-27-2012, 07:41 AM
Yeah, that's about as well as I could put it too, Marleena. It's not that we don't accept that you would, or don't understand why as much as we're sharing our opinions about the pros and cons about sleeping fully clothed. Wear and tear, getting things messy and dirty, even so much to just being straight up uncomfortable would be as bad as I could see it. But I mean, can you honestly say you can sleep comfortably in all those layers? Goodness, half the time I don't wear anything, guy or girl related to bed, let alone fully clothed. People that wear socks to bed drive me crazy. I don't even wear socks unless I have to, let alone wearing all of that stuff to sleep. It hinders movement, gets wrinkled and bunches up in places. D: Nope, for me, if I'm cold, I'll just throw on another blanket. But I like being cold so, to each their own. :D

Stephenie S
04-27-2012, 10:19 AM
The point has been raised that we need to be tolerant of others. So true. But the question was asked.

So. It's really hard on your clothes. And hard on the sheets. Who washes the bedclothes? Are you making more work for your SO?

But I should think that the hardest thing would be the emotional effect on your SO. Just how sexy do you think it is to sleep with someone who is fully dressed? And with shoes, for goodness sake! Night time is for intimacy. If MY sweetie came to bed fully dressed I would be very upset. I want to reach out in the night and feel soft skin, not a pair of heels!

Of course you may not care about this. No wonder she doesn't like it.

My heartfelt advice? Find some nice sexy nightgowns and go to bed attractive and loving. Intimacy at night does wonders for relationships.

Stephie

Chickhe
04-27-2012, 10:43 AM
If that's what you fancy Nancie... Looks like its not typical, so your SO has a valid question which you have to figure out on your own...she probably just doesn't want to get kicked with a spiked heel. However,... could it be that once you are dressed up you are so caught up in feeling feminine that if you strip down to your own skin it becomes obvious to you what your body is and the illusion breaks...

PretzelGirl
04-27-2012, 02:36 PM

Found it. Chapter 1 Line 1. Do what makes you happy!

Thanks for listening, hope I'm not offending anyone by saying what's on my mind here ... :-)

There are things that can get dicey to discuss in a public forum. This is far from it. It is just a different slice of life than most are doing here. So you wear clothing to bed? If it wears clothing and sheets out early, it is your choice. Others wear pads under their clothes when they dress. Others wear feminine garments under their drab clothes. Others do drastic things to alter their appearance when dressed to achieve a certain look. Who is to say what is right and what is wrong? As long as you are enjoying yourself and it isn't an issue in your marriage, then enjoy.

And this is the real point. Only you and your wife can discuss this out. Is she just concerned about it being rough on the dresses or is she really wanting you to stop? That is something for the two of you to work out as it is the whole point.

And have fun with it.

Amen!

stephi
04-27-2012, 03:16 PM
agree nice baby doll tiny thong and smooth shaved with nice body butter is way to go gurl. GGs dont sleep with clothes on so as CD doesnt figure I guess. In morning have nice wrap and fluffy slippers waiting with moisturising lip gloss. go girl
Luv S
xoxox

Stephanie47
04-27-2012, 04:40 PM
The only time I slept in outer clothes during the night was in the boonies in Nam. No time to wear PJ's back then. The army did not issue any-non essential! If you're going to intentionally sleep in a dress rather than passing out dead drunk in one, I suggest buying several nice floor length gowns. You can wear a bra, panty and hosiery with them. And, you will not ruin your dresses or end up needing to mend them. Sleep tight!

Nancie64
04-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Thanks Karen, It's not like I do it everynight. And yes, who wouldn't shower and put on clean clothes in the morning. pajamas are just that. The soft feel of the fem clothes just make for a nicer sleep. There are always more clothes to buy.

sometimes_miss
04-28-2012, 07:06 PM
There have been many times when I can't bare to take off my girl clothes; I simply want to stay feeling the way I do when I'm dressed, I want to keep the beautiful long hair too. So, I wind up falling asleep still dressed in my girl clothes. It's hard on my clothes? Too bad; my clothes exist to make me feel better, not the other way around. If my clothes 'break' I'll get new ones. My sanity is more important to me than worrying about keeping my clothes looking nice while they're not on me.

Nancie64
05-06-2012, 11:00 PM
I didn't say anything about my SO being upset about Nancie wearing clothes to bed other than the fact she thought it was hard on clothes and hard on bedding. Some of the comments after I posted this were a little rude. I personally feel that some under clothes and a slip or camisole are a lot better looking rather than a hairy body in a blue nightie. I'm sure not all of us on here shave our full body or have the time to dress every day. We may want to enjoy it when we can. I dress to feel good and feel good when I dress. Like others on here, sometimes it is difficult to undress rather than to just stretch it out as long as possible. :eek:

Lyndaloves
05-06-2012, 11:54 PM
I know the felling of not wanting to get undressed
But leave the makeup on
Put on a sexy bra and panty set, garter belt and stockings if so desired and then a sexy silky long sleep gown or just a large man's pajama top

Lynda

Jenniferathome
05-07-2012, 12:07 AM
I'm with your wife on this one. You are ruining your clothes and how can it be comfortable (physically, not emotionally). Really, shoes IN bed? That's kinda nutty. What does your wife wear to bed? That should be your target, IF it is ok with her.

Kathy4ever
05-07-2012, 03:39 AM
The other night I said the same to my wife. She her nice new top to bed. She said it was comfortable. I rather wear a baby doll night gown or any night gown to bed. If your comforfable then do what pleases you. I doubt you will wear it enough to wear it out anyway. It is always in with the new and out with te older stuff before you know it.