PDA

View Full Version : So you're a crossdresser, big friggin' deal!

Marleena
04-25-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm seeing a lot of posts about purging, feeling guilty and stressed. If you're a CDer just put on a dress and makeup or whatever it takes. It really isn't a big deal!

The younger kids are going to councilors and getting told to just do it, it's harmless. That's good advice for all of you. Why feel bad about something you can't control and enjoy? What you do in the privacy of your own home is your business. You don't need to tell anybody except for your SO ( but your choice). Why risk anything if you just dress up once in awhile?

Rant over.:)

STACY B
04-25-2012, 09:25 AM
You tell em VEGAS BABY !!! JUST ,, DO ,,IT ,,, Didn't they see my girls post ? She rode the bus ,, Now lets all ride .

Kristy_K
04-25-2012, 09:28 AM
I wish someone told me that 50 yrs. ago. It could have save me a lot of money from purging.

Amanda22
04-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Great point, Marleena. It's no big deal. Just make yourself happy and not create mountains out of molehills. We can be our own biggest obstacles.

Marleena
04-25-2012, 09:39 AM
I wish someone told me that 50 yrs. ago. It could have save me a lot of money from purging.

Me too Kristy (been there done that) but not anymore ever, when I was young it was not considered normal. They finally realized there is NOTHING wrong with it. So time to help the girls realize it's not a big deal. It's a nothing burger.

I can bet some of their neighbors are doing things way worse in the privacy of their bedrooms.:)

paulinescotlandcd
04-25-2012, 09:52 AM
I agree with you, I am a crossdresser nothing more nothing less, i don't eat babies.

Meg East
04-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Great advice, the problem is the counsellors doing the "treating" will have trouble making their BMW payments.

kimdl93
04-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Marleena, Just think how long it took you to reach the point where you were able to accept yourself. For me, it took decades...and for all that time, I endured the self loathing, guilt and fear of being outed.

If it was within my power to give a gift to any TG or TS person - that gift would be self acceptance and supported by the realization that there isn't anything wrong with who we are.

Marleena
04-25-2012, 10:04 AM
If it was within my power to give a gift to any TG or TS person - that gift would be self acceptance and supported by the realization that there isn't anything wrong with who we are.

And your statement above will be the gift for some members! It defines the purpose of this thread.:)

Noemi
04-25-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi Marleena,
I would have to say it is because of how we were raised. My family is Old School and I would not even bother coming out to them. They are unavailable to the experience. Plus I have had to endure their gay hating and bigotry. And I am talking wealthy educated people....I just avoid them now that I am older cause they don't know doodley squat. But that is what inhibited my Cd'ing and made me feel guilty.

Plus, the look in the mirror is allot. Meaning there is a man staring back at me, that too, for practicality, has made me reconsider and purge. At this point, I have been though enough to know that this trans gender person is who I am, and I am embracing my trans gender self. My life goes more smoothly, speaking of I did a great job shaving my legs last night and my thighs are so smooth I am very happy today(big smile). Still need to buy a new epilator cause I lost my old one, along with my forms and panties and perfume in a bag that got lost in my travels recently, that was a drag.
Anyway I have to get back to work I spend too much time here...LOL

MandyGG
04-25-2012, 10:18 AM
But, But, But...Marleeeeeeeeeeeena! What are we gonna whine about if it is perfectly acceptable!?!?! :(

Oh what am I saying?!? We are GG's. We will SURELY find something! ;)

Marleena
04-25-2012, 10:20 AM
But, But, But...Marleeeeeeeeeeeena! What are we gonna whine about if it is perfectly acceptable!?!?! :(

Oh what am I saying?!? We are GG's. We will SURELY find something! ;)

Lol too funny! No, most of you are absolutely wonderful, and I mean that.:)

Plus, the look in the mirror is allot. Meaning there is a man staring back at me, that too, for practicality, has made me reconsider and purge. At this point, I have been though enough to know that this trans gender person is who I am, and I am embracing my trans gender self. My life goes more smoothly, speaking of I did a great job shaving my legs last night and my thighs are so smooth I am very happy today(big smile). Still need to buy a new epilator cause I lost my old one, along with my forms and panties and perfume in a bag that got lost in my travels recently, that was a drag.
Anyway I have to get back to work I spend too much time here...LOL

I totally get that Noemi! I spend my life here lately it seems.:)

Kate Simmons
04-25-2012, 10:43 AM
The bottom line is simply to enjoy being who we are ( whoever that may be). I'm going to post a new thread in a similar vein soon.:battingeyelashes::)

Claire Cook
04-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Marleena, Just think how long it took you to reach the point where you were able to accept yourself. For me, it took decades...and for all that time, I endured the self loathing, guilt and fear of being outed.

And your statement above will be the gift for some members! It defines the purpose of this thread.:)

Oh, let's FRAME these posts! Just wonderful advice -- I wish I (and lots of others) had had it years ago! :thumbsup:

Chardonnay Merlot
04-25-2012, 12:53 PM
I printed the OP and I will tape this to my wall.
Sometimes you just have to get out of your own head :)

Gillian Gigs
04-25-2012, 01:32 PM
I live in the heart of red-neck cowboy country, and you should see some of the shirts these guys wear, with their jeans, boots and cowboy hats. I don't see anyone getting bent out of shape because they are cowboys! Some of those shirts can get really interesting. Gee, I wonder if they had to get over the fact that they were cowboys!

Lynn Marie
04-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Crossdressing is what they would call in the UK, eccentric behavior. Funny thing is, that in the UK eccentrics are considered a valuable resource. We'll get there one of these days. In the mean time, not to worry. Look how far we've come since the internet arrived.

bobbie c
04-25-2012, 01:50 PM
marleena..as always,you hit it on the head...as i have always said....were are a 2 for 1..so enjoy it, love it and accept all that this brings along.how boring would life be without...and for mandy......your a very special lady.i love the input of all the ladies that are here...good thread marleena!