PDA

View Full Version : I need a ruling on something :).

Chardonnay Merlot
04-25-2012, 01:24 PM
I apologize in advance of the following question is dopey,

I went home to visit family for a week, which meant no dressing for the period of time. I really didn't think much of it when I was there, but by the time I returned home, I found myself missing my inner girl and thinking about her.

Is this normal?

Kate Simmons
04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
I would say Hon. Putting any part of ourselves on the "shelf" for the convenience of others is hard sometimes. We would tend to miss that part, especially if it is near and dear to us.:)

bobbie c
04-25-2012, 01:29 PM
nothing is dopey here....and there isn't a silly question....soooooo my dear,it is very normal,enjoy it and embrace your inner girl......your good!

Andria
04-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Its normal. Sometimes I even dream of her when I'm not her. :)

Jocelyn Quivers
04-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Very normal, which is why I usually try and avoid going on vacations. It's getting harder and harder to part even for a week with the girl side.

Chardonnay Merlot
04-25-2012, 01:58 PM
It was actually a good time to reflect on a lot of things. What this is all about. Why I do it? Etc. One thing I've gathered is that this is a another creative outlet for my imagination. I love putting outfit together. At another level it's another piece of personality being expressed. I've always been a person of contradictions. I can be logical and gruff and at the same time, I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve and so on. I like exploring the balance between both sides. It is scary at one level but exciting at another.

I came to a few decisions. One being that I will seriously consider going to a conference this year (Be All/Chicago). I came out to two friends while I was there. One was "okay, just don't mention it again" the other was "rock on! Got any pictures".

It wasnt a dominant theme of the week, but she is part of me and she was on my
mind.

Thanks for all the wisdom I've gotten since joining this forum. I did a lot of reading through a lot of threads here this week. You can't begin to realize how much help and inspiration you've all given me :)

Cheryl T
04-25-2012, 02:11 PM
You're normal, just like the rest of us.
Sometimes I was able to go for months without dressing and then Wham!!!!
Now I dress every day and have trouble going a day without it.

DonnaT
04-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Last time I was away for a week, without dressing, I had dreams of dressing, which I don't usually have.

xdressed
04-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Sounds perfectly natural to me

Being Paige
04-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Totally normal I would have to agree.

RenneB
04-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Yep, a new normal I'd say. I think 'bout it constantly.

Renne.....

BLUE ORCHID
04-25-2012, 09:24 PM
The only rule is--is that there are no rules in this game.

Your normal is someone's fantasy
your fantasy is someone's normal

it's who we are it's what we do.

Cynthia Anne
04-25-2012, 10:59 PM
It's as normal as the beautiful smile in your avatar!
Keep smiling for you are normal! Hugs!

Alice
04-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Definitely normal. I know exactly what you're going through and I think about it almost every night.

Barbara Ella
04-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Whenever one part of us is slighted, the other demands attention. It is just that the screaming female voice is so much more shriller that she downs out the lower male voice.......lol This is wonderful. It really shows an acceptance of the feminine self as a stand alone entity in your being. It does not need clothes, heels, lipstick to live. It is you!!! It is with you all the time and you must recognize that and take it with you forever. As you continue, you will find that it dominates less and less, but will become more and more of you.

I find that I need less and less of the outer trappings ( NO WAY I GIVE UP MY CLOTHES!!) to feel more and more of the inner Barbara, my newest friend. (No, I am not talking to myself...just yet)

Barbara

JamieTG
04-25-2012, 11:50 PM
That always happens when I go home to stay with my sister. I tone it down by cutting my long fingernails and wearing more masculine clothes. I enjoy the visit tremendously but do feel some anxiety after a few days of trying to be masculine.

Jacqueline Winona
04-26-2012, 12:06 AM
If I'm the judge or juror, my answer is Yes! Absolutely! Positively! I go through this a lot, I don't get all that many opportunities to dress, but when I go without, I really miss my girl time.

Janelle_C
04-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Yes, yes, and yes! When I'm out and about with my grown kids or just doing stuff in male mode I don't think about Janelle mainly because she at least right now is not a option. But when it's been a busy week at the end of the week I need some Janelle time.

Miriam-J
04-26-2012, 05:06 PM
As the others have noted, this is very, very common for most of us. One way I've found to offset this is to include at least something feminine that I can wear during private times. If you at least stay in your own room you can wear a nighty or dress while sleeping or resting. If you're on the couch in the living room ... well, gives you a bit of motivation to not extend the trip.

Miriam

Cassanda
04-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Yes it's normal. Just like girls that purge, they always get the desire to dress again.

SANDRA MICHELLE
04-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Totally normal, Itry to limit my non dressing to as short a period as possible cause I just can't stand it so ussually only go for at most a day. Of course I always underdress so I do get a slice of the girl in me but it's just not the same as when I wear heels, a skirt and top with a bra, you know what I mean.

Tina B.
04-27-2012, 08:58 AM
It's one of those things, I can put on the shelve for long periods of time, and never give it a thought. But if I have to put it on the shelve, because of outside influences, in days, I will be thinking about Tina more and more, until, it will take over my time completely after awhile, until I can get back into a dress. But that does take a little longer than a week.

Marleena
04-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Chardonnay you don't need a ruling at all.:) I find it perfectly normal. Now, I don't think I'm normal though.lol. Lately it's on my mind constantly it seems.:)

Lori Robins
05-02-2012, 04:46 PM
No dopey questions Chardonnay!!
But can you please define normal for me!!!! lol

Jamiegirl1
05-02-2012, 06:27 PM
I dress everyday for my commute home,and I miss not dressing on the weekends! I also take a week or two off work once in awhile and I always miss dressing!!!You are sooo normal girl!!!

drushin703
05-02-2012, 09:02 PM
ms merlot: Yes, my love, this is quite normal. I miss both the inner and the outer girl. Sometimes my testicles ache for pantyhose...lol, dana

Danni Renee
05-02-2012, 09:19 PM
I hope it is normal! I just got back from being away from home for 6 weeks doing training and I was not happy, I really missed my girl side. I keep several pictures of myself on my phone though and after the first week I started looking at my pictures every day to help me get back in touch with my girly side.

Danni

sissystephanie
05-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Many years ago, when my dear wife was still alive, I completely gave up crossdressing!! I thought it was best for my family, so I did it. After 5 years my dear wife begged me to start dressing enfemme again, because she missed Stephanie in her life!! Because I truly loved my wife, and I still do, I did start dressing again.

My problem now is that although my children know that I crossdress, they don't want to see me that way. So when we go on a vacation I have to leave my enfemme things at home! And yes I do miss them! It is entirely normal to miss doing whatever it is that you like to do! And crossdressing is something that a lot of us like to do!!

Crysten
05-03-2012, 09:45 PM
My folks will be staying at my house for a month and a half over the summer (we live on opposite ends of North America), and yes its normal and I definitely feel your pain. This is going to be tough because I generally dress for an hour or two every day. Dunno how I'm going to get through a month and a half.