PDA

View Full Version : Got my first random "ma'am"

Amber99
04-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Well sort of. I was out shopping with my mom and the employee asked us:"Do you ladies need help finding anything?" I couldn't help but smile for a while :D. I wasn't dressed up at all, just black cargo pants and a t-shirt. No makeup or anything!

Laurie Ann
04-25-2012, 10:12 PM
That is such an empowering feeling

Bree-asaurus
04-25-2012, 10:15 PM
I do believe I've read some of your other posts here, but right now I'm drawing a blank. So if you're TS and young and already get called ma'am, you're on of the lucky ones. I hope it made you feel good, and I hope it puts you in a more positive mindset for any plans that you have for transitioning.

Joanna Maguire
04-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Great I am sure you will be called ma am many time in the future Wait there will soon be a man who opens doors for you. Here in Australia both male and female salespersons usually call me Madam. I am too old to be called Miss or missy alas as they did when I was a "little girl" out with my mother who often dressed me as a girl
What ever most such comments are complimetry when I go out in public in the day time. Stares at me by 2 blokes together can be deemed derogatory. I suppose then the occasional "man" who tries to pick me up is either blind,drunken,desperate or gay ? Women sometimes seem interest and chat to me like women do shopping. Also when my wife and I am out together as girls together men have tried to pick us up ? I am not that good looking ? Bartenders usually call me "Love"
Once years ago The Premier of state government here bought me a drink at the bar when I went to see The Australian ballet. Im sure he was trying to get me to vote for him at the next elections ? Most people seem to treat me like a lady when I am dresses as a woman. I also remember a lady say to me "Look at that pervert" when we were in Canberra Australia at theTarget store ladies underwear section. He was fingering panties on the sales rack. Others stared even more when he went through the checkout. Tough for the checkout chick it was lust another sale when he bought several pairs of panties and bra's Does that mean that is better safer to buy feminine things dressed as a woman rather than in male drab ? I am absolutely certain that's true when I am dressed appropretly for the time and place in my femme gear. Though I have seen men dressed as women who look like a hairy man in a dress. They are gays looking for a partner. Act and try to look like a "genuine girl" You will often be called "madam" and men will sometimes open doors for you Afterall there are only a few "gentlemen about these days

Rianna Humble
04-25-2012, 11:06 PM
That's great, Amber! :hugs:

I remember the first time I got called a lady in a shop just after the start of my transition - it was a feeling I will never forget. I had to watch out that I didn't suffer the same fate as the Cheshire cat from Alice's adventures in Wonderland :eek:

The other evening on the way home from work, I got a random "Darling" and last weekend on the phone at work I was called "sweetie" even though my voice is not yet as good as it should be, but that first "lady" was still the most memorable.

Amber99
04-26-2012, 04:55 PM
I do believe I've read some of your other posts here, but right now I'm drawing a blank. So if you're TS and young and already get called ma'am, you're on of the lucky ones. I hope it made you feel good, and I hope it puts you in a more positive mindset for any plans that you have for transitioning.

Yeah I'm 24 and I'm one year on hormones, although most of that year was spent without a T-blocker for reasons I won't go into. I just got on Spiro finally a few weeks ago. It certainly did make me feel good!

Traci Elizabeth
04-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Just wait to you get to the point that "everyone" calls you ma'am without exception all the time.

I remember my early days when my head grew so large when someone called me ma'am. I was so excited, I was beside myself. But as the days, weeks, months past, and you get ma'am more and more until it reaches always. Then it is totally unimportant to you. Why? Because you are a woman and there would be nothing else someone would call you.

Sandra1746
04-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Greetings like that are a gift to remember and enjoy.
Good luck on your journey and enjoy the pleasant times.

Hugs and good luck,
Sandra1746

Diane Elizabeth
04-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Hi Amber, Yeah, isn't it a great feeling. I gotten "ma'am" a few times in drag or semi drag. Wednesday was the first time when I was with my mother (in drag). We were at a restaurant and the hostess referred to us as "ladies". I looked to my mother to see if she noticed. There was no indication grom her nd I let it pass. I hope you get many more. For me HRT 20 months and I am well over 50.

Julia_in_Pa
04-27-2012, 07:09 AM
Excellent Amber!!

Congrat's!

Julia

Kristy_K
04-27-2012, 07:31 AM
Nice going Amber. I remember the excitement the first time I was address as a woman.

kimdl93
04-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Don't you love being called ma'am or having a door opened for you! You must have some nice feminine features , cause the outfit certainly didn't do it.

Amber99
05-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Happened again today! This time it was a waiter at the place we had lunch. : D