PDA

View Full Version : CD kit in a suitcase abroad

stephi
04-27-2012, 03:57 PM
:o been abroad a fair bit always wanted to take Stephi but always stopped as too scared, anybody done this before. Could just see x rays becoming very awkward - oh dear, me just wimping it??
thx
luv
xoxox S

Miriam-J
04-27-2012, 04:17 PM
I share your caution, Stephi. I've found that domestic travel is no problem (after a bit of encouragement from others here), but haven't had an international trip recently. I don't think there would be any problem going to many countries (especially Western Europe), especially just light gear like a dress or nightie. I'd be very hesitant to the mideast or Africa. Still, others have said they had no problems even to these countries - but I'm not about to try it.

Miriam

AllieSF
04-27-2012, 05:47 PM
I have traveled to Santiago, Chile twice and Brisbane, Australia and I pack some women's clothes so that I could dress in the hotel or apartment where I would be staying for an extended period of time. I took water balloons instead of my forms and they worked perfect for me during my stays. I had no problems at all over a 4+ month period while out of the country and no problems through customs and security leaving or entering.

girltoy
04-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Remember that there's more lenience leaving the US than coming to the US, and checked bags have more lenience than carry-on. Visit the TSA website (http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm) to see what's allowed for carry-on vs checked items.

Blaire
04-27-2012, 08:31 PM
My travels involved 32 countries in 3 years before returning home. There were only 2 places I didn't pack for two - it is illegal in some places!

I had just one of what you'd call an incident. A pre-check-in security check at Jinnah International had my suitcase opened, emptied with each piece held up for examination, including the shoes I wasn't wearing at the time. I just stood there and let him do his thing nice and polite, and I was off to check in.

I haven't even had a question asked in Eastern and Western Europe, North and South America, and any place oceana. Asia (which includes the Middle East) was the only place that a little caution is warranted.

sissystephanie
04-27-2012, 08:39 PM
I and Stephanie have been to Italy, France, England, and Scotland in the past 7 years. Have never had any problems at all with having female clothing in my suitcase. And yes, I did have it all from the skin out!

Miriam-J
04-27-2012, 09:24 PM
On a trip to France and Italy last year. Paris France, Overnight train to Zurich, then several days each in Venice, Florence, Rome, Amalfi, a day en femme to Pompeii, a couple days ea. in Sorrento, Rafello, I carried these in my luggage:

6 pr FF and RHT stockings
2 garter belts
4 dresses
3 pr leggings
4 bras
4 pr heels/2 pr sandals
8 pr panties
4 light tops
5 pr girl jeans
1 bag make-up
3 sweaters/1 bodystocking
2 corsets
8 head scarves
Water balloon forms

Plus my drab clothing, mostly shorts and tees...never had a problem with customs or train cargo, or flights. France and Italy? No problem! USA coming or going? No problemo! :)
You've got to be kidding me! Nice trip (been on pretty much the same route once myself) and I hope you enjoyed it. But that is way more clothing than I would ever take on a trip. Did you learn from my wife? ;-) How large was the trunk you hauled around?

One carry-on bag and one daypack, no matter how long the trip.

Miriam

RenneB
04-27-2012, 09:38 PM
I have too much to squeeze into to get the shape that I feel 'comfortable' in to make it through the scanners en fem. The corset alone will set the meters a blazin.... So I pack 'her' stuff in a checked bag. For a weekend away it's the guy stuff in the carry on and the girl stuff in the checked bag. Watch the weight limit... Talk about compressing a closet full of stuff. I just couldn't make up my mind. Packed way too much stuff but was prepared for almost everything.

Really enjoyed being in another town where no one would ever know who I was.

Only out of country was crossing into Canada but that was via car so not much help there for ya...

Renne.....

Jill Devine
04-27-2012, 11:04 PM
I must be unlucky but I was once hassled big time at Toronto airport. Officer searching my bags had a mega attitude and asked me who owned the female stuff. Said it was mine. Then had the cheek to say but "you are married" when he saw my wedding ring! I looked him in the eye and said my wife is ok with it.

Wanted to bitch slap the guy.