PDA

View Full Version : Older generations views.

heathr1
11-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Have you any idea what your parents/grandparents thought of CDers.

I remember once an old woman neighbour saying men who crossdress need flogging.

KarenXDR
11-08-2005, 10:04 AM
In my Puritanical New England household it was considered unspeakable - so it remained unspoken!

Lipstick kisses

Karen

Jenny Beth
11-08-2005, 10:53 AM
I remember back in the sixties when my mom saw a hippie with hair down to his waist. :eek: She thought that was wrong.

Jamie M
11-08-2005, 11:43 AM
I only knew my mother's mother , bless her she was so sweet and totally politcally incorrect . never rude , just said what she thought.

anyway , the only thing i remeber about her in this respect was trying to explain to her that Dame Edna Everage was actually a man . She just couldn't grasp the concept at all :D

i really miss her :(

KatieZ
11-08-2005, 02:48 PM
My sister is 69. Last year at Christmas we were all talking and someone mentioned seeing a crossdresser. She said "that's just weird why would anyone want to do somthing like that". She went on to add a few more remarks before I could just change the subject. Little does she know that besides myself, she also has a son that I'm pretty sure crossdresses. I would like to tell her about me, but after hearing that I don't think she would take it all that well. Surprising since she is pretty open minded about a lot of things. I'm still kicking the idea around of telling her. Just have to wait for the right opportunity when we are alone and I can work it into a conversation.

Hugs

vicki true
11-08-2005, 05:05 PM
I only knew my mother's mother , bless her she was so sweet and totally politcally incorrect . never rude , just said what she thought.

anyway , the only thing i remeber about her in this respect was trying to explain to her that Dame Edna Everage was actually a man . She just couldn't grasp the concept at all :D

i really miss her :(

HI JULIA.

my gran was the same [LOL]