PDA

View Full Version : Beauty? Or The Beast?

Persephone
04-28-2012, 06:02 PM
"Pretty rockets don't fly."

Maybe it makes more sense to me because I play with rockets?

Anyway, yesterday I had my manicure with the new magnetic nail polish. Your nails are coated with a special polish and then they hold a shaped magnet over them to create the pattern. It is really cool!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/Nails4-27-2012.jpg

Tonight I'm heading for the theater with some of my GG friends and I'd planned to flash my nails a time or two.

Only what I needed to do was work on my F-150 this morning, getting it ready to (hopefully) sell. I want to protect my manicure so I don gloves and try to be extra careful. I'm just reaching into the cabinet to grasp the battery charger when "Snap!" there goes a nail!

Damn! Damn! Damn!

Maybe you can live in both worlds with a desk job, but I'm really starting to believe that you can't live as a "good" (high-maintenance girly girl) and a "bad" boy (repairing cars and plumbing).

Damn! Damn! Damn!

Hugs,
Persephone

Darlene-VA
04-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Beautiful, I do tend to love purple and the pattern is super

busker
04-28-2012, 10:58 PM
well, that's one way of getting IRON in your diet! and by osmosis , no less.

Eryn
04-29-2012, 01:28 AM
That polish is amazing and looks even better IRL. Hope your fix held through the evening!

paulaprimo
04-29-2012, 01:38 AM
love your nails and the color too! wish i could wear them all of the time!! :(

Persephone
04-29-2012, 03:53 AM
Thank y'all!

I'm partial to purple myself, and it appears that quite a few others here are too. The magnetic polish is a really beautiful deep purple and the pattern gives a real impression of depth. I'm very jazzed about how it looks, which is why I was so annoyed when one of my nails broke.

It's funny. Years ago I was working with a team of people and one of the women had a nail break. I couldn't understand then why it was such a "big deal."

Now, of course, I do understand! I immediately stopped working on the truck and texted my manicurist. As luck would have it, yesterday was one of the few Saturdays she took off from work and she won't be able to repair it until noon Tuesday.

I glued it back on with superglue and then supported it from underneath with superglue and nail repair tape. It held through tonight!

Don't know if I can keep it in place until Tuesday, but I'm going to try!

BTW, we had a great time tonight. Four women, including my spouse and I. We went out to dinner, then to a production of Pippin, and then out for dessert. It is a fun group and we talked and giggled our way through the evening. Too late tonight to post the full story, but for those who like to know about the styles I wore a bright blue printed pancho-cut pleated blouse, a very short skirt with a side slit, and 3" heeled sandals.

Hugs,
Persephone.

crossdressersfriend GG
04-29-2012, 05:00 AM
LOVE the pattern, they look great! I saw this in a magazine and thought it would be cool, but I'd have to get it done because there's no way I could get it to look right myself.

I actually painted my toes purple yesterday, which I don't think I've ever done but i just couldn't decide on a color and I'm just so tired of reds and pinks. Glad to hear it's a popular color with everyone!

kimdl93
04-30-2012, 10:11 AM
The nails look super. But I do agree with you, Barb, auto maintenance and nail maintenance do not mix.