PDA

View Full Version : A first time out for another one of us

Miriam-J
04-29-2012, 08:56 PM
I've always been one to say that you don't need to get out of the house unless you feel driven to do so, and I still feel that way. That said, I went out dressed en femme today for the first time, with my beautiful wife as companion and chauffeur. It was a wonderful, fulfilling experience.

We traveled to Indy for the monthly IXE support group, which would have worked better if I had remembered it was on Saturday instead of Sunday (sorry, Shannon). Parking lot was definitely empty, but we made the most of it.

Since my son was home this afternoon, I dressed and did makeup on the way down (in broad daylight with passing cars), with advice and assistance from my wife. We first stopped at a gas station for drinks. This went well for me, though I was too shy to look anyone in the eye. Then we stopped at Walmart (in bright sunshine) for food for the intended support group event and a necklace (forgot mine at home). I walked in head up and proud, exploring the store carefully. My wife observed a few people staring at me, but no one seemed to have enough confidence in their reads to do or say anything - or they just didn't care. Perhaps it was my height (5'11" in heels), my amazing beauty (not likely), my wife's amazing beauty (much more likely), or just tell-tale signs of my genetic makeup.

After we realized we were there the wrong night, my wife suggested that we get dinner so we stopped at a Mexican restaurant she knew. We were treated with great courtesy and it didn't seem that I was read by anyone - amazing. Even got referred to as 'ladies' by one of the servers.

Then it was on home. Since my son is out visiting friends (confirmed by phone), I remained dressed up all the way home. I'm still en femme and milking every moment of the experience. My wife took a picture when we returned home, which is now my profile picture (I think the gleaming eyes are a camera artifact, but who knows ;-).

We had a wonderful time, and I've gained even more appreciation for my fantastically supportive wife. I now understand why so many say that once you go out it's hard to stay in again. We plan to do so again in the future, but not too often and perhaps not so far away.

Miriam

AnitaH
04-29-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm glad your first time went so well for both of you. As you've noticed once you're out it's hard to put the genie back into the bottle. But then again why would one want to. I'm glad to hear of your supportive wife also. My the two of you have many more good outings.

AnitaH

Cynthia Anne
04-29-2012, 09:17 PM
It sounds to me like you still had a whole lot of fun even if it was the wrong day! Good for you! And be sure to thank your wife! Hugs!

Eryn
04-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Congratulations on your first adventure! Your profile pic looks great! You'll find your comfort level increases with every trip out the door. Be sure you give your wife a big hug for her wonderful support.

Marleena
04-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Nicely done Maryam! It is wonderful that your wife is being so supportive. Mine has helped me too and I owe her a lot.

It sounds like a wonderful time with a wonderful lady. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.:)

sterling12
04-29-2012, 10:54 PM
So you were "driven" literally, and symbolically by your Wife to get out of The House and attend a meeting? Hmmm? This may be a method for other timid Gurls to also do The Impossible. But unless this was a Freudian Slip, next time remember Meeting Night is on The Last SATURDAY of the month....the day that follows Friday. I do hope you get up the gumption to attend next month's meeting, and since your wife is supportive; I think she will also enjoy herself, meeting other Wives, and making new friends.

Old Rock and Roll Lyric: "And another one Bites The Dust, and another one bites the dust, and another one bites, another one bites, and another one bites The Dust!" I sincerally hope that everybody eventually does the same.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Barbara Ella
04-29-2012, 11:01 PM
A first time out, and you were able to do all those things. That certainly must qualify you for more than one trip out. Congratulations, and Hugs to your wife.

Barbara

AllieSF
04-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Congratulations on your first time out, with your wife no less. That has to be a milestone a lot of girls and women here are only dreaming of. make sure to get her some flowers when she least expects it. I hope you get more opportunities to to forget the correct night and still make an event out of it. Thanks for sharing.

Miriam-J
04-30-2012, 05:21 AM
Thanks to all for your kind responses.

So you were "driven" literally, and symbolically by your Wife to get out of The House and attend a meeting? Hmmm? This may be a method for other timid Gurls to also do The Impossible. But unless this was a Freudian Slip, next time remember Meeting Night is on The Last SATURDAY of the month....the day that follows Friday. I do hope you get up the gumption to attend next month's meeting, and since your wife is supportive; I think she will also enjoy herself, meeting other Wives, and making new friends.
Yes, my wife kept me on track even when I expressed doubt or insecurity about going, reminding me of what could be gained. The problem with a Saturday night is that nearly all of our Saturdays are booked through the summer, even further from Indianapolis. It'll have to wait until fall, but there are other individuals on this site with whom I might meet separately.

Miriam

kimdl93
04-30-2012, 07:00 AM
That was a wonderful way to spend a day! You're wife is a gem.

daarleane
04-30-2012, 07:35 AM
Sound's like a very enjoyable experience for both of you and that is just plain wonderful!

Silentpartner GG SO
04-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Good on you Miriam, sounds like you had a great time and your wife is wonderful.

I did chuckle about getting the wrong night though - that is exactly the sort of thing I do :brolleyes:

franlee
05-01-2012, 08:07 PM
I am so proud for you! I could ramble on and on about how much you acomplished on your very first adventure, but you already know it!
Congratulations!!!! and enjoy every second of it, just like you are. And you are going to be so glad you did.

Fran