PDA

View Full Version : Most important feminine piece of look when dressing? (not clothing!)

cdkateinboston
05-01-2012, 06:26 AM
Hey all,

So after taking a month or so off, I had been in the urge to dress recently and am now dressed up and feeling quite feminine. And as I was evaluating my look, I was wondering what about my look I would absolutely not give up because it was essential to my feeling girly and cute. Now obviously, clothing is what we all share in common to help create our feminine selves, so my question to everyone is, in addition to clothing (shirt, underwear, pantyhose, heels, bottoms, wig) what is the most important item you use to complete your look / your feminine feel that you could just not do without?

For me, its close but I would have to say fake nails are #1 for me (see the thumb nail to see what color I've got on now, its my fav color), either acrylic or glue on). I not only adore the sound of long nails clicking away on the keyboard or on a table, but I also feel very feminine going through the process of painting them (even though it takes me like 2-3 hours sometimes!). Following in close #2 and #3 would be fake eye lashes and clip on dangle earrings.

Well, that's me. I hope to see what the rest of you ladies think!

Cheryl T
05-01-2012, 07:43 AM
While I love having my nails polished and looking pretty I think for me it's my jewelry.
I just can't go out without my earrings, rings and bracelets, especially my ankle bracelets (I rarely take them off).

daarleane
05-01-2012, 08:23 AM
For me, it is lipstick and earrings. I know it is simple but I tend to dress simple, not glamorous. just everyday wear.

Tina B.
05-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Being bald, I would have to say the wig, just can't look right with out hair. Second would be forms, after all they do stand out also.
Tina B.

Danielle_cder
05-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Would have to say my forms ;)

janet54
05-01-2012, 08:28 AM
I think for me it is lipstick & big hoop earrings and heels.

RileyEvans
05-01-2012, 08:41 AM
I would have to say forms would be first, but I won't dress unless I'm wearing one of my rhineshone collars so I guess it would be a tie between them. The one thing after all that is painting my nails, that really completes the feeling.

ronda
05-01-2012, 08:52 AM
heels and forms for me

Sara Jessica
05-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Personally, I prefer the less-is-more look when it comes to fingernails, having done acrylics for several days last week while in Vegas. I was much happier when they were gone and I'm not likely to go there again.

I think the most important aspect in our presentation is shape. this is something which not only makes clothing fit better but also disarms the Muggles at first glance, should they be inclined to read us for what we are otherwise.

Melody Phillips
05-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Probably my breast forms. I feel complete when the girls are in place.

Kaitlyn Michele
05-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Unfortunately one of the most common mistakes i've seen is overdoing the nails, especially if your hands are not petite (only the lucky few have this)..
for 9/10 us, our hands and (feet too) are the last thing we want to emphasize..

I am aware that for many shoes are a huge part of feeling femme, as well as painting your nails..

Big colorful nails???
Fun? yes!! but if you want to blend? not so much...

JamieTG
05-01-2012, 09:59 AM
First would be my long, natural nails which I keep long 24/7. Second would be my small hooped earrings which I wear everyday. I like to present an androgynous look.

Sally24
05-03-2012, 12:57 PM
For me it would be false eyelashes! Those make such a difference on my eyes that I don't leave home without them.

StarrOfDelite
05-03-2012, 01:31 PM
CDKate, since you specifically excluded the wig, which is The Essential Item to my psychological feeling of girliness, I'd have to say that finishing off of my facial/cranial presentation is what completes me: Makeup, lipstick, eyeliner and eyeshadow, big dangly earrings, and some sort of necklace or choker. Like you, I love to do my nails, but it takes so long to get them right with two coats and a clear sealer, and I don't keep them polished for longer than 12 hours on most days, I just don't paint my nails as often as I'd like to do, so they couldn't be classified as my most important thing.

Jamie Hugs
05-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Nylons and shoes, nothing like looking down and seeing some sexy shoes ;)

Barbara Ella
05-03-2012, 01:42 PM
I am continually being amazed at what i see and feel as I am dressing, and add new things as i begin to understand how to put it all together. At one time it was a simple bracelet that made me feel complete. Then it was dangly earrings. Excluding the wig, the last thing now is my lipstick. Now, when i put it on, I feel a completeness. I am trying different colors now to see if there is a difference in how I feel about myself, I know I can look different.

I love polished nails, but mine have to be press ons as I cannot have nails because of home situation. They are great and do complete the picture, but the feeling is not there. Maybe if they were my own and I had to work at keeping them it would feel different. Hope to find out one day.

Barbara

JamieQ
05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Years (10 or so?)ago my wife and a few friends wanted to dress me up for a "ladys night" at a local fundraiser. They barely got me to do it and I didn't stay very long, I was just too nervous and didn't want the real small town people to see me. Missed that chance! One of her flat chested Asian friends had this thing something like a Nubra, but one piece and a strap that went around back to hold it on. But it wouldn't hardly stay on me. They looked real if it didn't move. I redid everything a few days later when I was relaxed by myself. I'm wearing it in my atavar pic that turned out 1000% better than I looked.

PS Thats also a padded skirt

AllieSF
05-03-2012, 02:12 PM
For me it is the assortment of accessories that I use to complete my look. Dangling earrings, which are mostly hidden under the hair and only making brief appearances when I turn my head, rings and bracelets, a belt, necklace and, of course, the purse.

DonnaT
05-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Makeup for sure, and also dangling earrings!

Being Paige
05-03-2012, 03:16 PM
I would have to say makeup and breastforms and the purfume. Oh and the wig, I'm bald also.

ArleneRaquel
05-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Lipstick is my favorite cosmetic. :)

Paulette
05-03-2012, 04:07 PM
I would have to say that putting on my lipstick at the very end of getting ready would be the thing for me. I some times call it my red badge of courage.

Joanna41
05-03-2012, 04:27 PM
My lipstick and my forms....certainly cant be without those!

Joanna

Joanne Curl
05-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Forms number 1, lipstick number 2 and false eyelashes number 3.

erickka
05-04-2012, 05:37 AM
#1 is the accessories that make the womanly curves
#2 is the wig (I'm follicularly challenged)
#3 is a great perfume

Jenniferpl
05-04-2012, 05:43 AM
lipstick, high heels, breast forms or painted nails. Anyone or all them always put over the top. I have to say there is something about having painted toe nails that makes me feel special.

Alice Torn
05-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Water balloons, wig, earings, bangles, lipstick. I love that, "red badge of courage!"

shygrl90
05-04-2012, 05:54 AM
Id say just some basic make up nothing too over the top and maybe some jewelry and and i usually put alot of time into my hair if I really want to look great.

Beth Mays
05-04-2012, 06:48 AM
I have both ears done and wear small diamonds even to work (boss HATES that) but to look and feel feminine I need breast forms and wig.

Amber Chen
05-04-2012, 08:22 AM
For me, it would have to be: Wig, beard cover under the rest of my makeup, something to cover the adam's apple like a scarf. I'd also add: walking, sitting, and generally moving properly.

Prissy Linda
05-04-2012, 10:02 AM
It's gotta be lipstick, nailpolish, purse and attitude.

Karren H
05-04-2012, 10:20 AM
A smile...................

Shananigans
05-04-2012, 10:24 AM
The biggest help to enhancing my appearance is basically anything that accentuates a feature that I really like about myself. I love the shape of my eyes and I tend to be pretty expressive when I am talking. So, eyeliner is a MUST for me. I like playing up the shape of my eyes with gel liner and then enhancing my lashes with mascara.

So, I'd say eyeliner. Then, as far as feminine accessories...it would be my PURSE (because, I literally feel naked in public without it).

KristiKross
05-04-2012, 10:36 AM
I think it all starts with the choice of clothing....

I am tall and thin so without some good choices I'm left looking like a boy in a skirt no matter how well the nails , makeup or accessories are put together.

I have to choose clothing that gives the illusion of hips and a booty.

Kristi

Katesback
05-04-2012, 11:39 AM
I dearly miss having nails but I learned the hard way that they dont go well with rollerderby. These days they are short.

Bex
05-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Earrings! painted nails are #2, uhmm... smooth skin all over? ^_^ Also hair helps. I'm trying to grow mine out since I never really enjoy wigs.
I'm not a fan of forms... I own some, they just feel like a costume. I use a knockoff Miraculous bra with a second bra over it, seems to be a wonderful blend of cleavage and reality. Also makes the girls about a low C. Can't complain :)

Izza
05-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Eye lashes!!, they give me te ability to do that "girly look" and 2a well conscelled beard shodow.

BunnieCashmere
05-04-2012, 01:54 PM
The hair/make-up really finalize the look for me.

Also, on a side note: For goodness sakes, I can't stress enough how important it is to brush/style your wig or hair and to do your make-up right. There are many, many, MANY tutorials on youtube and other places teaching make-up tips. USE THEM!

Simply Joslyn
05-04-2012, 02:14 PM
what makes me feel actually girly is painted nails i look at them and just get this feeling, but for looks mascara really pulls it all together

Diane Smith
05-04-2012, 08:48 PM
I am not a girl until my nails are polished. :)

- Diane

TGMarla
05-05-2012, 08:57 AM
For me, aside from all the clothes, it's a tie between the boobs and the wig. Both of them go a long way towards changing my appearance to look much more feminine.

Sarah Doepner
05-05-2012, 12:03 PM
I've thought about it and put the look together in different orders just to see when I crossed the line (or at least got close to the line) to feminine. There isn't a single thing that can stand alone for me and I need it all or it's not working. That runs from the shape wear through cosmetics, wig, jewelry, purse, perfume and finally the well-earned smile.

Stephanie47
05-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Definitely my wigs. Without one of them on I would definitely look like a guy in a dress! :)

Princess_of_Hckloins
05-05-2012, 09:52 PM
1) Wigs

2) Lipstick

3) perfume

4) breast forms

Janine cd
05-08-2012, 05:28 PM
I go with Joanne. Forms and lipstick for sure. Eyelashes only when really dressed up.

alter_3
05-09-2012, 03:11 AM
1) Eye makeup
2) Perfume!
3) Purse

tonidouglas
05-09-2012, 03:55 AM
As with you there are certain process I love about dressing, doing my hair (wig), doing my makeup and doing my nails. I love the way allof these bring me closer to my fem self with each step. Another process I love is shaving. I know its a pain but I also know when I am finished it is another step towards my fem self.

Millie
05-09-2012, 06:22 AM
I like to think its my jewelry that says I'm feminine. I really don't feel complete until I have all my jewelry on. That's when I feel like Millie.