PDA

View Full Version : I was wondering, part 2...

Lorileah
05-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Most people don't really pay attention to what the other driver looks like unless they do something that interferes with your own driving (or you are a bored OTR trucker looking to see panties) That was the other thread and as some noted the idea was to get some to see that driving while dressed usually won't get you noticed. However there is another activity I have noticed here, it is the "I went for a long walk at midnight dressed" phenomenon.

If you were out at midnight, driving and you saw someone walking would you notice them? Especially if they were dressed in a dress (skirt) and heels?

kimdl93
05-01-2012, 10:09 AM
I would notice them without a doubt. Its so unusual for people to be out walking about at that hour that I would notice them in any event. I would certainly notice if a person were out walking in a skirt and heels. In contrast, I wouldn't think much about it if a person were out walking during daylight or early evening hours. (the skirt and heels would still seem incongruous).

I tend to take walks in the morning or evening, wearing a comfortable top, shorts or capris, with suitable walking shoes.

AndreaS
05-01-2012, 10:12 AM
If you were out at midnight, driving and you saw someone walking would you notice them? Especially if they were dressed in a dress (skirt) and heels?

I take it this isn't a trick question? Of course, you would notice someone dressed like that at that time of night. I think the gals who are just finding the courage to go out are walking somewhere secluded in the middle of the night are doing so to decrease their chances of being seen, not totally eliminate them. If they didn't want to potentially be seen by a single person, then they would stay at home.

I would suggest that they perform a more routine errand (like getting gas, dropping off some mail at the post office, or using an ATM) at a more reasonably hour, but maybe still just after dark if they are feeling rather vampirish and are scared to be seen in daylight. Just my humble opinion.

Blaire
05-01-2012, 10:22 AM
It's funny how people don't realize that you're better unseen in a crowd of hundreds than when you're by yourself...

Kate Simmons
05-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Yeah but I would most likely smile Hon while most other guys would probably try to pick them up.:)

dominique
05-01-2012, 10:59 AM
It all depends on where you are. If in middle of town at night then I wouldn't give a second glance, but in your own locale I might. Even then it wouldn't cross my mind it would be a sister.

sonna
05-01-2012, 11:13 AM
It's funny how people don't realize that you're better unseen in a crowd of hundreds than when you're by yourself...

i could not agree more.
when your by your self at (midnight) Eventually you wil get the wrong Attention
by the wrong kind of people. i myself am not the most passible here but when go to the crowded mall
on a saturday knowbody bothers me or even says anything. just blend in to the crowed and act like
your suposted to be there (i mean its your world too.)

sorry for the spelling but i hope you get what i mean.

Tina B.
05-01-2012, 11:23 AM
If I see a women walking down a lonely road, alone, wearing a dress, late at night, I have got to figure, a CD out for a stroll, or a women, possible in distress, and I would feel like i needed to stop and offer assistance. Women just don't walk around here that time of night, and in a dress, that would be out of place.
Tina B.

Debra Russell
05-01-2012, 11:23 AM
I have found crowds are the perfect place to go - if you you don't want to be noticed. If you go anywhere at anytime by yourself and chance to pass, get close to or in distance of anyone, you will be the focal point of there attention - safely go un noticed in a crowd and you are more in controll............................Debra

Stephanie47
05-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Of course. A young woman in skirt/dress and heels. I may be older than a lot of you here, but, "he" is not dead. Now, midnight on several streets in my small city usually means "HOOKER." I enjoy strolling in the darkness. However, not at mid night. Early evening when it is dark. I usually drive to a safe part of town-residential. I also pray for rain. I love walking in the rain in a raincoat, which is usually open so I can have my dress shown (at least to me). The umbrella is useful to shield my angular masculine face when passing other walkers. I also bought a pair of shoes specifically for walking so that distinctive 'clicking' of the heels does not attract attention. Once, when younger I was strolling down the sidewalk and I got a honk and comment from a guy in a pickup truck. That was when younger, thinner and in a blond wig and not a gray wig.

RenneB
05-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Walking around this town... you bet they'd be noticed. However, when I had the chance to walk around Minneapolis downtown to the TG bar even though it was freezin out, I wore a skirt and knee high boots and only got a few 'hoots'. Most of the people I walked by or saw in the windows of the resturants didn't even bat an eye. So I guess it's really a matter of where and when you're out and about.

I usually try to blend but am about one step 'better' dressed than the crowd... Timing is everything I guess...

Renne.....

KellyJameson
05-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Anyone walking in heels alongside the road at midnight would in my mind be in a state of shock because they just survived their car going off the road and down into a ravine and I would pull off while pressing 911 to call for an ambulance.

Of course I do tend to overreact and I would use the word hypervigilance as my middle name if it sounded more feminine.

Marleena
05-01-2012, 01:31 PM

Yep, it would catch my eye for sure Lorileah!

~Joanne~
05-01-2012, 01:45 PM
I would certainly notice. Lately I have been noticing a lot more things that I have never noticed or paid attention to in the past. I notice makeup, the styles from clothes to shoes, the walk.....everything. Noticing someone walking at midnight, dressed in skirt & heels or not, I would certainly notice.

Cheryl T
05-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Certainly I would notice someone out walking at that time of night. That would be especially true if it were someone in a skirt and heels.

Miriam-J
05-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Well, I'm a suburban person with no red light districts in sight. I'd definitely notice, but I would ascribe it to one of two factors:
- Distressed, but that would be shown in other ways as well and I would probably ask if she needs help
- Very unmindful of safety since there most girls know that it's just plain dangerous for a girl alone in such circumstances (too many predators)

Miriam

Karren H
05-01-2012, 03:26 PM
I notice someone in a skirt and heels no mater what time of the day, alone or in a crowd... Most men do.... Obviously for different reasons....

Shananigans
05-01-2012, 03:38 PM
I would most likely notice the person walking while I was driving. It's kind of my job to notice them if I am driving along in my large, fast-moving automobile. I notice men, women, children, animals...

I tend to pay the most attention to children while I am driving. I guess I see them as unpredictable and about to leap to their deaths in front of my vehicle. I'd notice the person in a skirt and heels and may pay more attention if the persons attractive...but, then, I would be back to scanning the environment. So, kids are about the only people that I pay more than normal attention to while I'm driving.

If I am the passenger, all bets are off. I played I Spy too many times as a child, and I feel like I study everyone. I'm weird though...I enjoy sitting on my patio and watching people come and go.

Jeanna
05-01-2012, 03:48 PM
I notice someone in a skirt and heels no mater what time of the day, alone or in a crowd... Most men do.... Obviously for different reasons....
That's exactly my take on it too Karen.

StarrOfDelite
05-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Depends on where you are. I go back and forth between a semi-rural area in western Pennsylvania and the bright lights of Manhattan. In lower Manhattan and mid-town, no one pays attention to anyone at anytime because the streets are never really deserted and empty before three a.m., and well-dressed women in heels are a common sight. On the other hand, in the semi-rural area I think that I would probably think a woman afoot in dress and heels was in some sort of distress due to automobile problems or a domestic situation, and I would stop and offer assistance. In some parts of upper Manhattan, the Bronx and Brooklyn, and in the big rust belt cities, there are neighborhoods where I would consider calling 911 if I saw a well-dressed woman by herself.

Frédérique
05-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Most people don't really pay attention to what the other driver looks like unless they do something that interferes with your own driving (or you are a bored OTR trucker looking to see panties) That was the other thread and as some noted the idea was to get some to see that driving while dressed usually won't get you noticed. However there is another activity I have noticed here, it is the "I went for a long walk at midnight dressed" phenomenon. If you were out at midnight, driving and you saw someone walking would you notice them? Especially if they were dressed in a dress (skirt) and heels?

Yes, I would, because, being a visual artist, it is my nature to observe things. Others might say I have an “aptitude” for observation. I assume others would notice me when I’m out dressed, either driving or walking, but they probably wouldn’t. I notice anything out of the ordinary, to tell the truth, so I could detect a crossdresser quite easily (because I happen to BE one)…

When I dress and drive I’m acutely aware of my surroundings, so much so that I don’t need coffee to stay alert! It’s deliciously dangerous to be out and about, knowing others may be watching me; in fact I get a kick out of it. However, I’ve been out in the public eye on hundreds of occasions, and I’ve never been “caught,” or even detected – this tells me that most people don’t notice things, or care what they’re looking at, or even bother to care what they’re looking at…
:straightface:

stacycoral
05-01-2012, 07:40 PM

I would have to agree with Karen on this one.