PDA

View Full Version : what are you grateful for

kimdl93
05-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Some months ago, I heard a psychologist on NPR Science Friday talk about clinical studies demonstrating that a simple act of expressing gratitude for six things each morning could substantially reduce the symptoms of depression. Having been through a bout of clinical depression myself, I found this idea intriquing and have practiced it (sporadically) ever since. (BTW: its ok to repeat the list or change it as days pass)

Well, today I wrote down a list of things I'm grateful for specific to CDing. Here are a half dozen:

1. My work makes it possible for me to dress nearly every day.
2. I have a fairly complete wardrobe, a couple of nice wigs, and some cute accessories.
3. I am getting better with my presentation and no longer am disappointed with the way I look.
4. I get to go out in public regularly.
5. I'm out to several neighbors, a few family members and friends, and feel accepted.
6. I've gotten to the point where I "feel" like a woman when I'm dressed, rather than as a man dressed as a woman.

Can you think of a half dozen things you're grateful for?

Karren H
05-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Crossdressing related things don't even make it into the top 6 things I'm truely grateful for.....

Marleena
05-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Sheesh! Karren just takes all of this in stride!:)

Grateful for:

1. Good health.
2. Waking up in the morning.
3. Healthy family.
4. Being transgendered (even though it can be a struggle)
5. Supportive wife.
6. Being able to finally go out in girl mode.

suchacutie
05-01-2012, 02:56 PM
1. My wife who is also Tina's mentor and confident.
2. A wonderful chlid.
3. Inherent talents that allow me a very flexible life (albeit a very busy one)
4. Being transgendered as it has shown me many things that were hidden before.

Hmmm, anything else I think of is a subset of one or more of these, so maybe I've covered it!

phylisanne
05-01-2012, 03:24 PM

Grateful for:

1. Good health.
3. Healthy family.
5. Supportive wife.

good for you and i feel the same way as you .

Persephone
05-01-2012, 03:26 PM
I am grateful that my family is in good health,
that I am (so far) comfortable in retirement,
that I still have many things to look forward to,
that, after all of these years, I have become comfortable with myself,
that my spouse, my friends, and my community accept me,

and so much more that it is impossible to list them all -- food, water, shelter, love, life, happiness,
that every leaf on every tree is different, that we were given eyes and ears, and so on.

I come from a culture that believes it is appropriate to thank God for blessings one hundred times a day; to see, to really observe, and to wonder at all of the daily miracles that we otherwise would take for granted.

Hugs,
Persephone.

RADER
05-01-2012, 03:32 PM
My first would be my Wife, so ever loving and kind.
Our health for sure, for with out it we would not be here.
And Finlay this forum, a great place to relax and type to friends.
Rader

kimdl93
05-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Crossdressing related things don't even make it into the top 6 things I'm truely grateful for.....

I went through my top six several months ago, Karren. I get tired of repeating myself ;)

drushin703
05-01-2012, 04:10 PM
im'e grateful for pantyhose and five inch heels....lol, dana..

KellyJameson
05-01-2012, 04:13 PM
That so far I have been able to survive and in a small measure thrive being me, something I did not think would happen.

gender_blender
05-01-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm grateful for a small, feminine, hairless body on which to drape feminine attire.

Barbara Jo
05-01-2012, 08:15 PM
My great heath @ 64yrs old!
Without that, nothng else would matter.

crossdressersfriend GG
05-01-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm grateful for:

1. a pretty easy life
2. my family who put up with me
3. my diverse group of friends
4. my attitude ( good and bad it is all a blessing)
5. having found this forum ( you all have helped me so much)
6. being able to be who I am all the time ( learned to be grateful about that here) :(

Chardonnay Merlot
05-01-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm grateful for... 1. The blessing of a loving God 2. The love of my family, especially my father 3. For the kindness of new supportive friends 4. Having the courage to choose to face fears 5. My inner girl, who has made me a better person 6. For a good bottle of wine and a healthy meal :)

Debglam
05-01-2012, 09:39 PM

Grateful for:

1. Good health.
3. Healthy family.
5. Supportive wife.

Well said Marleena! Me too, It is so easy to get mired down in things that aggrevate us that it is difficult to remember how damn fortunate that most of us are. Roof over our heads, food to eat, etc.

PretzelGirl
05-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Well, the OP does say specific to CDing, so to stay in the same context.

1. A wonderfully supportive wife and family.
2. Many friends I have made both in person and on-line.
3. Those that have guided me to accept this in a positive light (one in particular!)
4. Many great experiences out.
5. Diva Las Vegas being within driving distance.
6. A great friend who is my hairdresser and taught me how to apply make-up.

ArleneRaquel
05-01-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm grateful for good health @64, and great friends such as Marleena & jackie, who is not a member here alas. Oh yes it's great living female 24/7.

janet54
05-01-2012, 09:45 PM
I got 4 years in cancer free.

ArleneRaquel
05-01-2012, 09:47 PM
I got 4 years in cancer free.

janet,
Wonderful ! :):thumbsup:

JenniferR771
05-01-2012, 09:49 PM
No crisis at the moment
Roof overhead
3 meals per day
Wonderful adult daughters
Amazing grandkids
More dresses and cute shoes than I need

FrenchieMoraine
05-01-2012, 10:04 PM
1. My husband having the courage to tell me the truth about himself, being a CD and having faith in me to hear him.
2. This forum existing
3. A very good friend who came back into my life because of facebook 2 years ago who told me about his being a CD (who knew at that time how invaluable everything he told me about himself was about to become to me in my life with my husband)
4. That Kristi (my husband) is beautiful, inside and out
5. Our wonderful home
6. A long awaited job after long unemployment

JamieTG
05-01-2012, 10:11 PM
I started running on a regular basis almost 40 years ago (it will be 40 years in Sept). Its my passion and now every time I'm out on a run I make sure to thank God for allowing me to continue running. I suffer from chronic depression and it does lift my mood to say this thank you out loud.

Melody Phillips
05-01-2012, 10:45 PM
I can think of a few things to be grateful for.
1) Health
2) Decent job
3) A very loving and supportive wife (she's been fantastic with my CD'ing)
4) Family
5) Home
6) The chance to express the inner woman in me.

Frédérique
05-02-2012, 02:37 AM
Can you think of a half dozen things you're grateful for?

1. My health
2. The roof over my head
3. My sister’s companionship and love
4. An artistic nature
5. The three cats who own ME
6. Optimism in the face of “challenges”

I’m also grateful that people like you, Kim, take the time to investigate this wonderful “thing” we call crossdressing, putting forth written opinions I simply must respond to! In other words, you make discussions flow, leading to more and more discussions – you aren’t alone in this regard, but I admire someone who thinks about what she reads and crafts a challenging post in reply. Whenever there’s nothing to write about, I can always count on you to come up with something meaningful – I’m very glad you’re here...

Didn’t expect that one, didya? :)

kimdl93
05-02-2012, 08:20 AM
[
I’m also grateful that people like you, Kim, take the time to investigate this wonderful “thing” we call crossdressing, putting forth written opinions I simply must respond to! In other words, you make discussions flow, leading to more and more discussions – you aren’t alone in this regard, but I admire someone who thinks about what she reads and crafts a challenging post in reply. Whenever there’s nothing to write about, I can always count on you to come up with something meaningful – I’m very glad you’re here...

Didn’t expect that one, didya? :)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

No, Freddy, I didn't expect that one, but now I have another thing to be grateful for! Thank you!

Jocelyn Quivers
05-02-2012, 09:14 AM
1. A loving, beuatifu, caring, accepting wife, which I waited a lifetime for and no matter how life turns out, the path I took was well worth it in order to be with her.
2. 2 Loving parents who provided a stable, drug/tobacco/alcohol free, non dysfunctional homelife and who still accept me after comming out of the closet too them.
3. Somewhat good health.
4. Self Acceptance.
5. Last but not least a great bod. :)

Amanda22
05-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Kim, Yes, this is such a healthy practice! Thanks for reminding us to do this. Here are the CD-specific things I'm grateful for:

My encouraging and enthusiastic wife. She truly wants me to be who I am and express myself accordingly.
My height of 6'3". I'm proud to be tall and enjoy standing out.
I'm able to afford essentially anything I want for my wardrobe.
My ability to dress tastefully and carry myself very naturally while dressed.
After 50 years, I'm finally able to accept my whole, transgendered self.
The many strangers who have read me and treated me as a woman.

Great thread, Kim!