PDA

View Full Version : Is it even possible to separate the two?

Wildaboutheels
05-01-2012, 05:06 PM
The FEEL of the clothing/shoes from the VISUAL aspect of it?

Let's just say for instance that all of a sudden out of the blue, all of the mirrors in your house turned "cloudy" overnight for some strange reason and could not be cleaned and everytime you bought a new mirror, no matter the size, it too turned cloudy within a few hours.

Would you have to get a second job to keep buying mirrors or could you live with just the sensation of being dressed?

Or would you take the cheaper route and be "forced" to going out dressed?

There seem to be many more crossdressing men than women. Maybe it's because in general, men are much more visual than women?

Kaz
05-01-2012, 05:08 PM
I need the two... the feel and the visual....

Kate Simmons
05-01-2012, 05:38 PM
There are the tactile sensations and the visual feedback but to really have it be all encompassing, it has to really be a mindset. For instance, who are we when we are dressed and the lights are out(i.e. sleeping en femme)? This is when we really learn about who we are inside and our feelings if we pay attention.:)

Sandra1746
05-01-2012, 06:41 PM
There is both a tactile and visual sensation, even if the mirrors were gone I could still look at most of the rest of my body. I would have a tactile sensation even if I were vision-impaired. Then there is the "mental" component; I know what clothing I am wearing even if I can't see, or even feel it.

Cross dressing is an experience that includes my total personality. It is also immensely comforting and fulfilling in ways that are hard to describe.

Just my thoughts,
Sandra1746

Traceyjo
05-02-2012, 05:21 AM
Although I love the feel and it plays a big role in my enjoyment from being dressed, the visual aspect is most important to me. I just love seeing the girl I am in a mirror and thats when I feel truly excited and even overwhelmed at times with the pleasure I experience. Also taking pics and videos is a must for me. It allows me to preserve the look I have created and also to share it with others over the internet. Then to read the compliments I often receive is so reassuring and delightful.

DAVIDA
05-02-2012, 05:27 AM
I don't look at mirrors to see how hot I am!:brolleyes:
I use them to see if things are where they are supposed to be.:heehee:
I can just get Jean to check for me.:thumbsup:

noeleena
05-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Hi,

I may be looking at this in a different way.
Visual or the feel of. do you mean in how you feel & look in womens clothes,

Ill pick this is what you mean ,

It makes little difference to me what the clothes feel like or how they look or wether im wearing them or not. i think if im right this has to do with how a male see's & feels those clothes, in emulating a woman.

Im looking at this soley from myself as a woman,
Allso i would say more women = socalled , crossdress than men just maybe not in the way you see it, & not all the time , just some times we do get dressed up to the hilt so it depends on the event.& yes it can be very visual plus the feel of .

...noeleena...

Beth Mays
05-02-2012, 06:01 AM
I seem to enjoy the feelings of what I wear more than the reflection in the looking glass.
That is not to say I want to give up the mirrors but the feeling of fresh shave legs in hose, the feeling of my wig or my clothes fitting the way I want... anyway you get the idea

Cheryl T
05-02-2012, 08:15 AM
I'd need the mirror to do my makeup and make sure my outfit was presentable, but after that I wouldn't care if they were covered over.
At first it was always Mirror, mirror on the wall....now it's a necessity. I would probably poke an eye out doing my mascara if I didn't have a mirror.

kimdl93
05-02-2012, 08:18 AM
honestly, once I'm dressed I quickly forget about the clothes I'm wearing. I do stop and check myself in the mirror, but that's not to appreciate my appearance. Rather, I'm looking to see if my hair is right, my clothes are hanging ok...etc.

Lynn Marie
05-02-2012, 09:47 AM
I think the feel of the lingerie, heels, forms filling my bra, and skirts blowing about my legs is quite erotic. The mirror sure helps getting my makeup on to my face in a semi-acceptable manner, but more importantly completes the package making the finished product look exotic too. To me, the whole completed package is everything. I don't even underdress as that feels incomplete and why bother?

Jenny Doolittle
05-02-2012, 10:09 AM
I think cross dressing is a feeling more so then a visual need. If the mirrors of the world disappeared, I would still have the need to be Jenny.

I agree with Kaz about men being a very visual being, and maybe that would account for the reason there are far more trans men the women, but I think you must also take into account that women can dress as men. There is no taboo involved for women to dress in traditional men's clothes, and perhaps that is another reason there seems to be more cross dressing men then cross dressing women.

NicoleScott
05-02-2012, 10:42 AM
I would not, could not crossdress without mirrors. The effect that the feeling has on me is good, but doesn't compare with the visual.

katie_barns
05-02-2012, 11:47 AM
honestly, once I'm dressed I quickly forget about the clothes I'm wearing. I do stop and check myself in the mirror, but that's not to appreciate my appearance. Rather, I'm looking to see if my hair is right, my clothes are hanging ok...etc.

I agree. Mirrors are a tool to make sure I am presentable [dressed or in drab]. I guess some use mirrors for confirmation about female image. I don't believe I need that. What I do need is confirmation from others like getting a 'madam' or 'miss'. It's great when I get a door held for me. That's better than a dozen mirrors.

'

Jamie Hugs
05-02-2012, 11:54 AM
I would miss the mirror, I love catching a glimpse of chantell she is so beautiful it brings a tear to my eye. I would miss that

Diane Smith
05-02-2012, 11:43 PM
When I'm dressed, it is mostly the sensations, the feelings from wearing a corset, heels, stockings and the rest, that satisfies my need to present femme. The visual aspect is mainly for the other people I will interact with during an outing.

However, if all my mirrors were to go cloudy, it would be a severe handicap to getting dressed, since I really need them as a tool to get my earrings in, makeup applied and so forth.

- Diane

Joanne f
05-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Do not have a full length mirror , it is all about the feel of things for me , if it does not feel right then I would just simply not wear it no matter how it looked.

Patty B.
05-03-2012, 02:32 AM
A mirror helps with the look, but it is more a sense of being normal or feeling that all is right being dressed whether its jeans, shorts or something more formal its a sense of being.

Alice
05-03-2012, 03:17 AM
The mirror certainly adds to the experience, but it is not necessary.

CHEVELLE
05-03-2012, 03:21 AM
I think that feel is paramount but the look helps. I just got the "leash law" lengthened a bit so all I have for now is a bra that don't fit lol so at least for me feel is all I truly have. At least for now till I either get more clothes or the leash gets reigned in again

Caroline_Femmy
05-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Do not have a full length mirror , it is all about the feel of things for me , if it does not feel right then I would just simply not wear it no matter how it looked.
Agreed :)
If you feel girly inside, other man will fall in love with u easily :) .
LOL , they should find out that we are bether than GGs :) , aren't we? ;)

CHEVELLE
05-03-2012, 03:41 AM
I think the feel of the lingerie, heels, forms filling my bra, and skirts blowing about my legs is quite erotic. The mirror sure helps getting my makeup on to my face in a semi-acceptable manner, but more importantly completes the package making the finished product look exotic too. To me, the whole completed package is everything. I don't even underdress as that feels incomplete and why bother?
In my line of work that could get me killed. I am just coming out to more than just my wife who after knowing before we started dating is finally letting me dress. She will buy me a few outfits (oh how I long for a nice dress) but if I can't get it off fast enough to get out of my truck to make my deliveries or pick up my load or other things I need to do and another driver sees me I shudder to think about what may happen. And even if (since I live in my truck for 3 weeks at a time) I only dressed during the time I should be asleep I wouldn't get to enjoy it being asleep and bathroom visits are needed
at some point I think a person has to take what they can get :-(

Wildaboutheels
05-03-2012, 08:57 AM
I am a little surprised that so few have mentioned mindset or mood. Where does that enter the picture? Isn't that really the "third leg" so to speak? Without it, the other two are really irrelevant? Are there times when you really just have no desire to dress up whether you ever leave your house or not? No matter the reason. Sickness, job stress, inlaw troubles, etc. Or is the need to dress as female a constant regardless of the world around you?

PretzelGirl
05-03-2012, 09:54 PM
At one of our get-togethers at DLV, we were at a hotel bar. The restrooms were outside the bar and across the hotel lobby. What was in the lobby? Lots of mirrors and paintings. Very few went to the restroom and returned quickly.