PDA

View Full Version : Nice morning

Sue Too
05-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Last Saturday morning I was out and about doing the garage sale and thrift store routine. I was feeling very comfortable and confident. I thought I looked good. You know how you have "that" feeling? I had on a pair of white capris and a new yellow print top I had purchased earlier in the week at Macy's. (See post in Clothing section about Style&co)

My first stop for the day was the local hardware store. As I was paying for my purchase the clerk went absolutely bonkers over a ring I was wearing. It is an inexpensive ring with multicolored stones that I purchased at Khols some time ago. I love it and wear it most every day. So much for boost #1!! On the the thrift stores.

In our area there is an older strip mall that is almost totally occupied by thrift stores from different charitable organizations. A neat plact to find bargains!!

As I was exiting my car a lady walking in the parking lot spoke up and said "What a cute top. I just love the look! Such a beautiful color! As you would expect, I thanked her and told her where I bought the top. I then turned and started to my first thrift store. The next thing I heard was this same lady calling "Miss, please come here for a minute." I turned and went back to her and she told me to turn around. She very promptly tucked the tag in the back, down and out of sight. She ended our encounter with "You looked so pretty I hated for that tag to spoil things. Boost #2 & #3.

What a wonderful day. I just love being a part of the sisterhood. To interact with women on this level is a dream come true for me.

Susan in Phoenix

Barbara Ella
05-01-2012, 11:31 PM
What a perfect trifecta. you should have gone to the track and made a bet, it was your day. Hope the thrift shops has some great buys. Bet they did. Thanks so much for sharing, it helps those of us who are trying.

Barbara

Persephone
05-02-2012, 02:46 AM
What a beautiful, awesome morning, Susan! Thanks for posting!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Roxie X
05-02-2012, 03:07 AM
Thats fantastic, you must have been ten foot tall.

:kiss: