PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever shopped for shoes wearing pantyhose?

Rebecca W.
05-02-2012, 04:23 AM
I plan on shopping for a new pair of high heel sandals tonight and I am wearing my sheer pantyhose with my bright pink metallic, painted toe nails. Have you ever tried on a pair of high heels with a salesperson present wearing panty hose with painted nails? I am tired of wondering what people will think about me being in the so-called wrong genders department. I am a person with specific tastes in clothing and I plan on choosing what I want to wear without fear of doing so. Not so easy sometimes but I am getting better at it.

Have a great day and happy shopping.:battingeyelashes:

BLACK STOCKINGS
05-02-2012, 04:34 AM
When I shop for shoes I always wear pantyhose/stockings under my jeans. Need to do this to get proper fit. No salesperson has ever said anything to me.

Teddie
05-02-2012, 04:40 AM
Me too. As Black Stockings said, "Need to do this to get proper fit."

erickka
05-02-2012, 05:24 AM
I always wear hose when shoe shopping. I will be wearing them with hose, so as Black Stockings said... it will assure a good fit.

Erica Marie
05-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Trust me if you shop for female shoes in male mode, nylons would be the last thing the clerk is gonna question. Of course I wear nylons or tights when shopping for shoe, it is the only way to get a proper fit. If you are concerned pick a store where there are less sales associates and just try them on yourself and no one will wonder.

Sandra1746
05-02-2012, 05:56 AM
I usually wear tights, except during the summer; they provide a way to get the proper fit for shoes. Besides most stores have those little disposable stocking-feet that work pretty well. If you are looking for a size 12-W shoe it is hard to obscure the fact that you are not a GG no matter your clothing choice at the moment. The simple laws of probability argue against GG.

The stores really don't care, they want to sell shoes and your money is as good as any other shopper's.

Enjoy life,
Sandra1746

Beth Mays
05-02-2012, 06:10 AM
I agree with Sandra. A store is in the business of selling not policing WHO wears what.
I wear a 12 as well and find that other than outlet stores they are hard to find local.

Wildaboutheels
05-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Um, no but I live in Florida where we can just about wear shorts every day of the year thank goodness. And I very rarely wear pantyhose except for a few times for Haloween.

lauraabdl
05-02-2012, 07:27 AM
YES
I agree with Sanda an Beth, you can't shop for shoes without wearing nylons, you can't get the same fit with socks on and bare skin sticks to everthing. nylons make your feet slide in effortlessly if you have the right size.:hugs::2c:

Michelle123
05-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Yes, I have worn nude nylon stockings under my slacks several times when buying shoes. Walmart more so than any other store. Only takes a few seconds to slip them on for a quick size check. It is a bit exciting I must admit, but I do worry that I may one day end up on the silly "People of Walmart" site. As I would bet that most of the strange people that end up on that site were caught by the store security cameras. have you ever seen anyone in Walmart walking around snapping pictures of the customers? I havent. But those pictures being taken by someone. My bet is the security cameras......

Renee W
05-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Just last weekend I went shopping for some shoes and I wore knee highs. And, as others have mentioned, it's kind of hard to hide the fact they are for you when you are looking for 12W shoes.

Since then, I realized I was missing out on something. Knee highs are great!! Especially when in guy mode and you want to wear slippers or something but don't want to wear bulky socks.

STACY B
05-02-2012, 08:00 AM
What ya need to wear are Crocs ,,Then you can slip em off an on without any trouble ,,Thats what I used to do ,,Now I just wear sandles or flip flops or what ever I have ,,Then get one or two of those stockings from the store if its hot out an dont want to wear stockings to the store ,,But sometimes ya may want to try em on bare foot cuz it mite be a pair you dont want to wear stocking with or cant wear stockings with like something with a toe bar. So if ya got stockings on ya cant try on everything ,,,Get it ? Hey an all you gurls that say its weard to wear a 12 ,, They wouldn't make em if they didn't want us to buy em ? So shop onnnnnnn ,,Wait Ill get my purse ...

Cheryl T
05-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Always in stockings when shoe shopping....sweat socks just don't look right with strappy heels.

SheriM
05-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Always wear pantyhose when shopping for womens shoes. Even bought some male shoes once - when I got them home, they were too small with regular socks.

Leslie Langford
05-02-2012, 09:24 AM
I do the same.

Ironic, isn't it, that we CDers come well prepared and wear stockings or pantyhose even when shoe shopping in drab, and it is often the GG's who need to rely on the store-supplied footies to ensure the same proper fit when buying their own shoes.

Just one more example of gender role reversal, which is the direction that society seems to be heading in these days. And it really starts to get absurd when we see GG's relying heavily on male hairstylists, fashion experts, and make up artists for advice and/or services. Then there are television shows like What Not to Wear and RuPauls Drag U. where we have seen examples of frumpily-dressed GG's being taught by drag queens how to dress stylishly and to walk in heels.

It is often said that youth is wasted on the young. Sometimes I feel equally that femininity is wasted on some GG's.

cyndigurl45
05-02-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm not big on nylons, I just slip them on bare foot

silkiehosewearer
05-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Yes I agree when I shope for shoes as welll I always have on pantyhose. Yes I see that as well, women will be in the shoe stores. And, will be useing the footies hose to try on their heels to make sure they fit good.

Stephanie47
05-02-2012, 12:00 PM
The times I shopped in person for shoes I wore the thinnest pair of black dress socks. Of course, this was a Halloween with the typical excuse of 'going in drag.' I probably did not fool anyone. I suspect a cross dresser may 'fool' a sales associate at Wal-Mart or Payless buying a pair for $20, but, you aren't going to fool anyone at Nordstrom buying a pair for $100. I have noticed many stores have boxes of disposal hosiery for try-ons that only cover the part of the foot that is inserted into the shoe. I am building up enough confidence that next Halloween I will probably buy another pair or two of properly fitting heels, and, along a pair of knee highs.

katie_barns
05-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Pantyhose are a pain in the #$%. Knee-highs are great especially in drab. :)

Janet Bern
05-02-2012, 12:56 PM
I always wear Pantyhose a bra with breastforms when shopping.
In winter I wear a jacket; and summer put the breastforms in my jacket
pocket. If you end up trying on anything you should always have the
Pantyhose and a bra with breastforms or you get a bad fit, or wish you
had brought them along.

Jamie Hugs
05-02-2012, 01:06 PM
I almost always wear pantyhose so if i get a chance to shop I am ready, plus I keep my hip pads in the car so if I am going to try on pants/skirt I'm prepared.

SANDRA MICHELLE
05-02-2012, 01:27 PM
You should always wear nylons when shopping and if you are barefoot the stores all have the little footy things to wear so you don't have bare feet in the shoes. I don't want to try on shoes that someone tried on with no stockings on, think of the possible fungis.

phylisanne
05-02-2012, 03:25 PM
i always wear stockings when i am shopping for new shoes.

Barbara Ella
05-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Will either have knee highs or thigh highs on. And Monday en drab but underdressed at Payless, it was a slow day, and the female SA homed in on me and stuck like glue. Ended up getting a sparkly wedge sandal. She brought me several different styles (and two sizes of each) and watched me try them on, with hose on, and had very supportive comments during my try ons. She was so sweet, and it was a wonderful trip, made even better with a pair of shoes.

Barbara

naye
05-02-2012, 05:41 PM
more than once, I can tell you that the SA wont care about you wearing nylons

ArleneRaquel
05-02-2012, 05:45 PM
many times, the SA doesn't care and I've had no bad experiences. I buy most of my shoes online, but I do buy about 40% of my female shoes in person.

EjayeCD
05-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Not with a sa, only when I can try shoes on by myself.

heellover
05-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I've only tried on heels with the SA present once,and that was at Suzy Sheer when i bought my wedge heeled over the knee boots. My loving wife surprised me with a pair as a gift from another store,but they didn't fit me. I had seen the ones at Suzy Sheer,and fell in love with them,but i wanted to try them on first before i bought them. By chance,the day i went in,they had a hudge one day sale on and the place was packed. There was this one SA there that kept looking at me and smiling every time she would walk by. She finally stopped and leaned in to me and asked quietly if the boots were for my SO or me. I said for me,and she told me to come with her and she took me to the shops store room and told me to try them on to make sure they fit me ok. As we walked back to the back of the shop,she reached out and grabbed a pair of beige platform peep toe pumps in size 9 and 10 and had me try them on aswell. She told me both the boots and the shoes looked darling on me and i should buy them both,as the sale would have both costing the same as the boots would anyway. Very nice experiance.
And yes i went prepared wearing stockings,and the SA didn't say a word about the stockings.

NathalieX66
05-02-2012, 08:49 PM
When I shop for women's shoes, I go en femme.
I'll grab one of those foot-sized sheer sockies, whatever they are, and try on every shoe I like.
Panty hose or sheer stockings do not excite me. I think and shop like a girl. I'm all about the outfit. if I'm buying heels, they better feel good enough to wear for a couple of hours, that's all that matters. I like going into DSW or Famous because I can try everything out right on the spot. My foot is a womens 9 W in US size. The wide width is often difficult to find, so I often resort to ordering on zappos.com for the size.

Starr
05-02-2012, 08:50 PM
I normally buy my shoes at payless, and I shop dressed so yes i have on panty hose.... Like some of the other ladies here i wear a 12 W and I have found a good selection at payless.. and the store people have always be kind.. some have even gone out of the way to help me find what i was looking for.. so i will keep going to payless for that reason

Starr

Cristi
05-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Same as the last two posters, I usually shop for shoes fully dressed. Last Friday, I went to a Payless for shoes while wearing a cotton sundress and hose. The sales woman was very helpful while I was looking through the selection and we had a nice chat about the comfort of a few different brands of their shoes. Of course, ever pair I tried on had to be tested by walking up and down the aisle, sitting and looking at them in the little angled mirrors on the benches, then smoothing the skirt of my dress under me as I sat to change into the next pair.

I ended up buying two pairs. A pair of black pumps, and a pair of open-toed strapy sandals with a 3" heel which I wore out of the store.

I've shopped at over a dozen 'Payless' stores all around this area and have had NOTHING but good experiences with the sales staff there. From what a few have told me, they have quite a large CD clientele and are more than happy to see us.

Jamie001
05-02-2012, 10:06 PM
I always wear sheer toe pantyhose and bright red toenail polish when I shop for shoes. I don't try to disguise the fact that I am male because my gender presentation is a combination of male and female. Also, I always wear women's shoes when I go shopping for shoes. When the sales clerk looks down and sees that I am wearing women's heels and red toenails, they know that I am a serious shopper for women's shoes.

suchacutie
05-02-2012, 10:34 PM
I was in Chicago and headed to Boyz town in male mode, got off the El and the first corner I reached was a clothes shop split between men and women and TVs. I wandered into the TV section and was looking at shoes. An SA came up to me and asked if there was anything I wanted to try on. I said yes and she handed me a pair of peds to put on instead of my male socks. I tried on a few pairs of heels and bought a lovely patent leather black pair of pointed heels, about 4".

Just no big deal, but then again it was clearly a section for TVs :)

Diane Smith
05-02-2012, 10:45 PM
I wouldn't even think of trying on women's shoes without thin nylons on. I usually wear women's trouser socks even in male mode (I like that they come up almost to the knee and avoid showing any leg when my pants ride up), which are about the weight of opaque tights and work fine. Of course, more often I'm fully dressed with sheer hose when intentionally shopping for shoes, but I'm ready for those spontaneous finds anytime no matter what the outerwear!

- Diane

MistyCD
05-03-2012, 08:13 PM
I always wear pantyhose when shopping for shoes....unless I am looking for a thong type sandal

BLUE ORCHID
05-03-2012, 08:51 PM
I aways wear either pantyhose or trouser socks it just wouldn't be
cool to try on a sexy pair of pumps with white cotten socks on.

aly01
05-04-2012, 12:35 AM
It is the only way to make sure the shoe will fit. I like way my foot is able to slide in properly.

Brianna in Hose
05-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Any time that I try on shoes, it is always with pantyhose. Only once has it been in front of a sales associate and she was awesome about it.

Jessica S
05-04-2012, 09:17 AM
I just was trying on heels yesterday. I always have either pantyhose stockings or trouser socks on when I do. I am only under dressing when I do this. The SA at the payless only looked with and smiled. Which is the case most of the time. I have only one SA look in disgust but it was and older lady in a small town.

Amber Chen
05-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Knee-highs are the way to go. Most shoe stores REQUIRE you to wear something on your feet, at least the giveaway 'footie' sox, to try on their shoes. If you are wearing knee-highs, and you find a thong sandal (with a big-toe loop or something) you can easily slip the knee-highs off and swap them with a 'footie' to try them on.

Carnival Shoes have the 'Buy one, get the second pair 1/2 price" deal, and they usually leave you alone unless you ask for help.

Ally 2112
05-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Last pair i bought i was totally underdressed with a pair of tights .But i only do it in the cooler months(tights or hose) it is way to hot and humid here in the summer for any kind of hose

Sometimes Steffi
05-06-2012, 03:02 PM
I keep a couple of pair of knee highes hidden in the car at all times, in case of a shoe shopping "emergency".

I'm an 11, 11W or 12 in women's sizes and have had better luck at Nordstrom Rack and DSW. I noticed that my DSW has oversized size stickers for 11+ which makes them particularly easy to find.

Oh, and I always check out the sales rack at KMart. I just bought 2 pairs of mid calf boots at the final closeout price og $2,98 a pair. Less that lunch.

terri_sandal
05-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I allways wear pantyhose when shoe shopping whether dressed fem or drab

Brianne_bc
05-13-2012, 02:31 PM
yes. Bra panties, hosiery. I was shopping for some shoes at the Nine West store in Vancouver near closing time, Took the shoes to pay for them, the lovely young clerk asked me if I was sure of the size. i said pretty sure, and she said " you know if they are for yourself you can try them on. you would be surprised at how many me wear high heels" So I did. and she said how well I walked in heels. A great experience.

I also love shopping at winners and shoe warehouse in Vancouver while wearing my wedge heel Cole Haan boots. its a challenge getting your knee high boots off to try on a pair of heels. Very exciting though.

Rebecca Star
05-13-2012, 02:35 PM
she said " you know if they are for yourself you can try them on. you would be surprised at how many me wear high heels" So I did. and she said how well I walked in heels. A great experience.

There are gg's who are accepting of transgender, this is prime example.
Tell you if it was me, was single and around her age, I certainly would have asked her out.

In regard to the OP question though, I do all my shopping online. Maybe shops over their are more accepting, IDK. while I look reasonably passible, I just don't have the "nuts" to go out shopping en femme or for that matter out, period. I do however try all the shoes I order with nylons. Where I get my shoes from they have a 100 day return policy and also pick-up the return fee. Apart from waiting a few days it's a breeze!

I do find that wearing hosiery enables me to squeeze if need be into a womens 9.5US. Where as with bare feet I have to go for a 10US.

Fiona Lindum
05-13-2012, 04:32 PM
I always wear tights when shopping for shoes or boots even when in male mode. I have never had anybody make any comment.

Renee
05-13-2012, 05:32 PM
If I know that I will be shopping for shoes, I will be wearing panty hose or thigh highs under my slacks or jeans. However for those times that the opportunity comes out of no where to shoe shop,I have 2 or 3 pair of knee highs in my glove box so I can change from socks to hose in the car. It has come in handy for those spur of the moment ocassions and even for my wife when we have been out shopping and she wants to look for shoes but has on socks or is barefoot. She will automatically open the glovebox and ask to borrow a pair of knee highs. As the others have said, you need to do it for proper fit. I can tell you from experience that SA dont care. Just Fri. I stopped by the local Avenue store and was trying on some shoes with my knee highs on and one of the SA that helps me shop there came over and said that she was impressed that I was always prepared to try on shoes when I came in the store. She then started helping me find shoes in 12W as she knows that is my size. Then she proceeded to show me some walking shorts and some tops and started a dressing room for me. I do love to be pampered and I always seem to find something to buy when I go to Avenue. What a wonderful staff they have. Oh and by the way I always shop in drab. So follow the scout motto and always "be prepared".

terri_sandal
05-13-2012, 06:16 PM
I have never had any problems shopping for shoes in drab mode ,the sales person does not care after all a sale is a sale to them

lowxr
05-14-2012, 10:12 PM
I always wear pantyhose or tights under my jeans when I shop for shoes and never had a problem with any SA. I felt so comfortable with an SA at a Payless I let my guard down and realized afterward when I was bending over trying on shoes I may have accidently revealed a pink panty wedge ( shirt/jeans gap ) but she hadn't make any comment.

CassieV
05-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Let 'em look! I'm more of a cute sock person, but whether it's socks or nylons, I'm not shy about trying on shoes. Now if only I could find ones I like that fit correctly...!

kinky_caitlin
05-14-2012, 11:05 PM
I always wear stockings or pantyhose when shopping for heels. Got to in order to get the right fit.

obsessedwithpantyhose
05-15-2012, 12:30 AM
I cant see how anyone could wear shoes barefooted,,especialy dress heels...
I dont even like to wear my mens sandals barefooted,,
when I did shop in stores for heels I was wearing my pantyhose,,
I wear 5 inch platform heels and I get them online...
as u c by my nic........I have a liking for pantyhose...

carolinewalker_2000
05-15-2012, 02:11 AM
As everyone else has said, you can't try on female shoes wearing men's socks; you just won't get the fit right. When shopping in drab I wear opaque knee-highs in place of my usual socks. Pick a suitable colour to go with your trousers and no-one will notice. But, as Melissa points out, if you are shopping for women's shoes whilst dressed as a man, your hose is going to be the last thing anyone comments on!

Rebecca W.
05-15-2012, 05:02 AM
I just put on my pantyhose and a cute thong and I plan on trying on some nice high heels tonight.:o

Janine cd
05-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Yes, I always wear pantyhose or thigh highs when shopping for shoes. That's the only way to make sure that the shoes fit when dressing up.

Deidre
05-15-2012, 10:37 PM
i still dont go out in public fully dresses but pantyhose and some cute tight jeans always when i need new shoes :)

Beautiful
05-15-2012, 10:53 PM
i sadly cant shop for things yet do to my current living arrangement. i will how ever be able to shop for these things soon so i would like very much to were pantyhose out on the town.

andreah
05-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Yes I always wear pantyhose while trying on heels, I wear them under my track pants and don't wear any socks,was caught a few times no one said anything.

Beverley Sims
05-27-2012, 09:22 AM
I like wearing stockings or in drab knee hi's they work ok.

Rebecca W.
05-28-2012, 06:49 AM
Now a twist to my post.
Have you ever worn pantyhose and had very pretty painted toe nails too?:o

Melanie Sykes
06-12-2012, 04:11 PM
YES!! Last week for the first time, I went shoe shopping en femme, and tried on several pairs before buying one. The SA was really friendly too - it was an absolute blast! Before that, I hadn't ever tried on women's shoes in a shop, pantyhose or not.

lori m crawford
06-12-2012, 05:34 PM
i used to go to a payless store neer me to by shoes the first time the lady come by an said you need stocking an she looked at my foot an said o your wearing them after that ever time i went they or her wood come aroun to see or tell me what was new or if they had my size out love the store an the ladies an some times a man was ther to no big dile one of the girls wood

Meghan
06-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Pantyhose are a pain in the #$%. Knee-highs are great especially in drab. :)

Indeed! Just about every time I am in drab at work, there are women's trouser socks or thick stockings on my feet. Nobody knows and/or cares, and my feet feel fabulously feminine!

Meghan

NathalieX66
06-12-2012, 10:50 PM
It has become way too hot and humid on the east coast US to wear anything on my legs at any given time of the year. Makeup melts off my face.
I went shopping en femme at DSW three times this year already, and it's been jeans or shorts, trying on everything, all showing my painted nails.

Quote from CSI Miami, Horatio Caine, (on finding a dead body): "She's not from Miami....women from Miami don't wear pantyhose".

Leilani
06-13-2012, 12:25 AM
As most others have said here, I ill always wear nylons when shopping for shoes. It is the only way to get an accurate sizing. If I am not wearing any stockings I ill take off my socks and use the disposable nylon socks that they have available for trying shoes on. I have never had any salesperson give me any hassles about this. A couple seemed "distant" but more have been very helpful especially if I am direct with them on what I want. After all they probably want to make the sale as much as anything else. I also make an effort to call the company and leave a compliment when they are friendly and helpful as well. I figure the more positive feedback they get the more likely they are to continue to treat us well.

Stephenie S
06-13-2012, 06:07 AM
OK, guys. Listen.

It's impolite to shop for shoes wearing your own pantyhose.

That's what the little footie things are for. Who wants your sweaty feet in a new pair of shoes????

Slip off your socks (or whatever) and put on a clean pair of those little footie things. They're free, and they are there to protect ME from your dirty feet. Oh I know YOUR feet aren't dirty. YOU would never go shopping for shoes with dirty feet, but that guy before you? You should have smelled HIS feet!!

So do the right thing and don't wear your pantyhose when you shop for shoes. Be polite and put on the free footies.

Thanks!

melaniecd34
06-22-2012, 07:13 PM
I have shopped for shoes many times with pantyhose under my jeans. The people in the shops are generally really friendly and helpful. I find if you go when its quiet and you are friendly there are never any issues. If you go in the middle of a sale on a saturday, thats when you will run into issues

Brenn
06-25-2012, 07:06 PM
It is the only way to shop for shoes.

Jamie001
06-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Now a twist to my post.
Have you ever worn pantyhose and had very pretty painted toe nails too?:o

ALWAYS! Many times the SA will comment on my pretty toes.

linda allen
06-27-2012, 07:43 AM
... Besides most stores have those little disposable stocking-feet that work pretty well.
They're going to insist that you wear those or some sort of stockings when trying on shoes. They will give you the proper fit if you don't want to wear hose..

linda allen
06-27-2012, 07:46 AM
OK, guys. Listen.

It's impolite to shop for shoes wearing your own pantyhose.

That's what the little footie things are for. Who wants your sweaty feet in a new pair of shoes????

Slip off your socks (or whatever) and put on a clean pair of those little footie things. They're free, and they are there to protect ME from your dirty feet. Oh I know YOUR feet aren't dirty. YOU would never go shopping for shoes with dirty feet, but that guy before you? You should have smelled HIS feet!!

So do the right thing and don't wear your pantyhose when you shop for shoes. Be polite and put on the free footies.

Thanks!
I disagree. Shopping for men's shoes, nobody expects you to put "footies" over your socks. Pantyhose are pretty much the same thing.

sammysaenz
06-27-2012, 08:48 AM
I remember going and buying my first pair of heels at a Payless shoe store. Great experience. The sales lady just walked up to me and asked if I needed any help. I just told her that my wife wanted to dress me up as a girl and I needed some heels my size to play the part. She was excited to help me and said I was not the first guy she met that liked dressing like a girl. Took me by suprise and shocked me. She gave me one of the nylon socks to try on what ever I liked and she loved the heels I picked out and told me to have a great time with my wife.

kimmyg
06-28-2012, 01:41 PM
All the time ...............it helps with the fit

Rebecca W.
07-01-2012, 07:51 AM
To all my dear fellow crossdressers.
Thank you for all of your postings so far and for all of the views on this thread. I hope that I have inspired many more women on here to do just that, go out and try on a nice pair of heels wearing your pantyhose. Please paint your toe nails for an even better experience!
Make the next step as I have done and try on the shoes and a dress at the same time, so much fun!
Being a woman and wearing a nice pair of stockings or pantyhose is such a great feeling.:o

Mollyanne
07-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Why would you consider wearing anything else?????

Molly

Rebecca W.
07-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Why would you consider wearing anything else?????

Molly

Hi Molly,

I have to agree with you on that statement. Nothing really feels better, close but not quite.:)

DanielleJean
07-02-2012, 10:13 PM
I almost always wear nylons when shie shopping. I buy most of my shoes at payless so I haven't had an SA checking out my feet. Haven't been brave enough to do the painted nails yet.

SarahLynn
07-02-2012, 11:17 PM
You mean there is another way to shop for heels?? Dangnation i've missed out on so much in this trip around Sol. Okay there are times i've not worn PH but i'm certain i wore thigh highs, or knee highs, or anklets or as a last resort i put on the little footie thingys.