PDA

View Full Version : Going without makeup

Bree-asaurus
05-02-2012, 10:41 AM
I've never liked putting on makeup. It's just too time consuming, it doesn't stay put all day (stupid waterline) and the only reason I do wear it is to help hide my masculine traits.

But today I'm going without. Last weekend my bf and I were at the farm building a chicken coup in the Texas sun and it looks like I got some color on my face. I'm pretty darn pale and some of the things I try to hide is the shadow on my upper lip and the dark circles under my eyes.

But the color I got this weekend looks like it's helping hide some of those trouble spots. Maybe I just have higher than usual self esteem today, but looking in the mirror I think I look pretty good without makeup.

So I'm going to keep going out in the sun and hope that giving my face some color will keep up this 'naturally feminine' appearance. Oh... if I could say goodbye to makeup forever! Ohhhh!!!!!!

kimdl93
05-02-2012, 11:29 AM
oh to be pretty and have young skin! i'm sure you look great, Bree!

Kaitlyn Michele
05-02-2012, 11:31 AM
I've never liked putting on makeup. It's just too time consuming, it doesn't stay put all day (stupid waterline) and the only reason I do wear it is to help hide my masculine traits.

But today I'm going without. Last weekend my bf and I were at the farm building a chicken coup in the Texas sun and it looks like I got some color on my face. I'm pretty darn pale and some of the things I try to hide is the shadow on my upper lip and the dark circles under my eyes.

But the color I got this weekend looks like it's helping hide some of those trouble spots. Maybe I just have higher than usual self esteem today, but looking in the mirror I think I look pretty good without makeup.

So I'm going to keep going out in the sun and hope that giving my face some color will keep up this 'naturally feminine' appearance. Oh... if I could say goodbye to makeup forever! Ohhhh!!!!!!

It took me a really long time to do that..
I have pretty blotchy, whit skin unfortunately...but i finally had to accept that on days where i didn't feel like spending all morning getting ready, i just had to go out and deal with...

You are gonna love the extra freedom!!

Traci Elizabeth
05-02-2012, 12:09 PM
I have naturally darker skin and tan so easily because of it. During the late spring and summer I go out a lot without makeup. But for anytime I don't feel like putting makeup on, I just quickly apply my MAC power foundation and literately it takes less than ONE minute. It takes me twice that long to brush my teeth.

Anymore, I just apply full makeup when I am going out somewhere special. All the rest of the time phooey!

thechic
05-02-2012, 01:04 PM
I dont think you will have any issues you look great.im just to chicken to go out the door without makeup,i fell naked with out it.

Julia_in_Pa
05-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Bree,

I don't wear makeup but maybe 20 % of the time.
When I do I usually just wear mascara and some eye liner.

I think you look beautiful so don't worry about what you don't need. :)

Julia

Jorja
05-02-2012, 02:59 PM
I am meeting with people 5-6 days a week. I normally wear makeup. You know, look as good as you can to help represent your company, especially when it is your company. Usually on Saturdays I will dress down and wear a just a minimum amount of makeup. I love Sundays because I don't even have to get dressed let alone wear make up if I don't want too.

Chari
05-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Although you appear to have youthful clear skin, please consider using just a small amount of moisturizer on your skin to help keep it from drying out in the sun/wind. Add a bit of clear lip gloss to keep your lips from cracking too. IMO, it is never too late to take care of your skin - whether as a gal or guy! Thanx for sharing.

Bree-asaurus
05-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Day's almost over and I still think I look okay without makeup. We'll see how long this lasts... if I'm actually looking better, or if I'm just temporarily feeling better about myself.

But it's soooo nice to just tie my hair up, throw on a pair of pants and walk out the door. And next month, when I get my orchie, putting on pants will be so much easier too!

I may be a girl... but I am definitely a tom-boy. I wanna go from working on my truck, to getting groceries without a 1 hr shower, 45 minutes of makeup and 30 minutes of picking out the right shoes.

noeleena
05-03-2012, 05:12 AM
Hi,

Well you know im 64 & my make up is really only lippy & eyebrow liner only because of being burnt years ago , other wise i would not use eyebrow liner.

as to powder or eyelid colour some times if its a more dressup night, maskra well thats a waste of time eyelashers are allmost nothing , hey iv tryed ,

I have lovely skin olive so im happy with out make up . though Jos thinks i should use more, so i just say hey iv got this lovely skin so ends the make up talk.

Remember im in front of many 100s of people with our groups & larger numbers as well the last group was over 400. & yes im seen by all , people just come up to me & say hi & talk. they just accept the way i am . & really i should not have any issues,

so it comes down to how comfortable are you around people. & it depends on how you wont or need to be seen. im well known so its a bit different for myself .

Iv got nothing against make up its just do i really need it no , iv another issue that makes if i wear make up or not a non issue, i was thinking this depends on how you see your self & with out that damm mirror .
I think my friends & others know me well enough now as to what would makeup do for me make me look silly stupid & trying to hide my face like i did when i wore my wig.

Im a woman i dont ..... need ..... props im not hideing im past that, im open faced . so yea,

...noeleena...

Sandra1746
05-03-2012, 06:37 AM
From your avatar you really can skip makeup completely, you look lovely. However some moisturizer for the face, and lips, along with sunscreen is a good idea. That Texas sun can be brutal.

You look great,
Sandra1746

Bree-asaurus
05-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Funny... lady at our local TG group today said I'm looking better and better and asked what I've been doing differently... I said I didn't put on makeup :P

If this keeps up, maybe I'll begin to believe I look like a girl!

Bree-asaurus
05-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Totally resurrecting an old thread... but just wanted to update...

I went to Macy's, got some expensive makeup that was recommended by a friend and also learned some new techniques. Eyeliner, especially the waterline, has been a b****. But now I got it down... can get it all to last 48 hours with a little touchup on the circles under my eyes. So now that I can actually do it well, and it STAYS IN PLACE, I'm slowly learning to not hate makeup :P

AudreyTN
05-28-2012, 09:00 PM
i've learned rather fast! in february and march I couldn't do my makeup to save my life! A little correcting by some great friends, and I am now rocking my face. that said, once I get rid of this damned facial hair once and for all, I won't need nearly as much as I have to lather on right now to hide it. right now I've gotten the makeup process from start to finish at about 25-30 minutes, and that's if I don't mess it up in the process. If I mess it up, it's another 10 minutes.

big improvement over what it used to be. It used to take me 2 1/2 hours lol, I hated it, but now I just get all excited when I see how purty I make myself. I need to study a few eyeshadow vids so I can become a little more creative and add some style. I've gotten the basics down quite well, not time to move into the advanced stuff.

I've also learned that using a moisturizer is an absolute necessity, as it closes the pores on the face and allows for a smooth complexion, rather than a sponge/cake like complexion. add a little clown white to help mask the facial hair shadow, and then add foundation, brush off excess with a brush, add face powder lightly but evenly, brush off excess, add blush, and then eye shadow, liner, and mascara, and lip stain, and bam it's done! I can't believe how pretty I have been looking lately, it really makes me feel good about myself, which helps.

now if I can just get physical mannerisms like walking, sitting, standing while talking and posture corrected, I'm a gonna be one pretty lil lady. hormones will majorly help soften my skin and irradicate some of the masculinity.

Cassi3
05-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Bree, you look beautiful! I've gone without make up before. Like Julia, I wear make up very little of the time. When I do it's just my Wet/Dual Foundation by Palladio, stays on all day, rarely have to touch it up, lip gloss, eye liner and mascara, takes me just a few minutes.

juno
05-28-2012, 09:45 PM
The key is to have a quick makeup routine for your every day look, so you can touch up the rough places without looking made up. When you get good at the basic routine, it is easy, and the fancier stuff is easier when you do it on top of a good foundation. People think I am a lot younger than I am, and that is enough motivation to be happy using makeup even if I get to a point where I don't need it to look feminine.

Inna
05-28-2012, 09:58 PM
there is so much to make up techniques, and every face has its own challenges that can only be conquered through practice. Of course a good source of knowledge can make the learning curve quite shorter but still, some experimentation is a good way to find your own secrets of trade.

Bree-asaurus
05-28-2012, 10:18 PM
there is so much to make up techniques, and every face has its own challenges that can only be conquered through practice. Of course a good source of knowledge can make the learning curve quite shorter but still, some experimentation is a good way to find your own secrets of trade.

Eyeliner on the lower waterline would ALWAYS smear on me. I found out that was actually sometimes mascara from my upper lashes that would rub off when I blinked. But the other culprits included my slightly oily complexion, tears (from dry eyes or whatever) and the stupid Texas sun making me sweat as soon as I open the door. But the other techniques I learned to keep the waterline eyeliner in place are:

Use a good waterproof primer all the way up to the waterline.
Get a waterproof pencil eyeliner and coat the tip in a waterproof gel eyeliner (usually mix and cover on my hand not applying makeup, and use the pencil like a brush) and apply to the waterline
Use a eyeshadow powder that matches or complements the color of the eyeliner stippled on top of the gel eyeliner to set it.

48 hours, no runs.