PDA

View Full Version : The younger generation has no sense of style!

StarrOfDelite
05-03-2012, 01:48 PM
One of my children. a 25 y.o. daughter who lives in Columbus, was in for a visit over the long weekend, so I was stuck in drab for the duration. She is single, very smart, too well educated, and has a strong opinion on every issue from the best kind of cleanser to use on a ceramic stove top to whether anyone will ever find the right experiment to prove/disprove string theory. (Where she got that mindset is a real puzzlement to me. lol!)

Late one evening we selected the classic John Candy comedy The Great Outdoors to watch while we sipped some wine, ate cold pizza, and decided the ultimate solutions to all the world's great problems.

There's a scene early in the movie when Candy gets amorous with Stephanie Faracy, his onscreen wife, and takes off her skirt, blouse and bra, revealing that she is wearing a half slip. My daughter literally burst out laughing when she saw that, saying that no one wears slips anymore, and she was surprised that anyone wore them in 1985. I had to bite my lip to keep from saying "I know lots of ladies who wear slips." :)

One wonders what crossdressers will be wearing in the future, when the generation which grew up on glamorous Hollywood movies is all below the ground?

suzy1
05-03-2012, 01:53 PM
They will be wearing jeans and a tatty top.
I will be long gone by then………I hope!

Bree-asaurus
05-03-2012, 02:06 PM
It's not that one generation has a better sense of style than another... it's that one generation has a DIFFERENT sense of style than another.

Things change, and as we get older, we get stuck in our ways. Just like with music. The music of the younger generation is never as good to the older generation who grew up with a different kind of music.

As I get older, I'm sure I'll think of the 90's as the golden days of music and whatever kids are listening to in 10-20 years is crazy noise!

AllieSF
05-03-2012, 02:08 PM
That is what our parents said about us, what we say about our kids, and what our kids will say about our grandchildren. We are just getting older, another fact of life. In the end it all works out. The under clothes when dressing are there to supprt and give me the figure I want. What is on the outside, is what is important for others to see. Unless..... I had something under that I wanted to show, and that hasn't happened yet.

RileyEvans
05-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Most of the skirts of folks my age and younger are too short to wear slips with.:)

Kate Simmons
05-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Well, your daughter is pretty smart Hon. I get the string theory, it's a no brainer but I'm completely baffled over the ceramic stove top cleaner. We (Meaning our generation) are never going to get that unisex to where we don't wear slips any more. It just ain't done. :heehee:The younger crowd doesn't seem to get that, string theory notwithstanding. ;):battingeyelashes:

ReineD
05-03-2012, 02:24 PM
It's not that one generation has a better sense of style than another... it's that one generation has a DIFFERENT sense of style than another.

Things change, and as we get older, we get stuck in our ways. Just like with music. The music of the younger generation is never as good to the older generation who grew up with a different kind of music.

As I get older, I'm sure I'll think of the 90's as the golden days of music and whatever kids are listening to in 10-20 years is crazy noise!

That's true! :)

When I get nostalgic, it is not over slips, girdles, or whatever else were the styles of the 50s, but the tie-die, flowers-in-your-long-straight-hair-parted-in-the-middle, peasant blouse, and hip hugger styles of the 60s/70s.

kendra_gurl
05-03-2012, 02:39 PM

This is exatly why I don't always try to dress age appropriate. I'm 61 years old and I strongly dislike the way most 60 year old women dress.
They too get stuck in their clothing style makeup techniques and eyebrow shapes.
As long as I can pull off mid 40's look I'm gonna keep doing it

Lorileah
05-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Having watched many movies about the future there are two options. Everyone will wear the same thing as everyone else OR women will be almost naked and guys will wear uniforms that indicate if they are workers, thinkers, rulers or breeders.

Michaela42
05-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Well, as long as your daughter is not one of those younger girls who wear UGG boots with miniskirts, I guess she is okay ;)

But really, I am sure that with the various generations represented on these boards we can all agree that some fashions (miniskirts, clogs, etc) do seem to have a cyclical trend to them. If pantyhose and hosiery in general are making comebacks, then I am sure that it is only a matter of time before slips and the like make a come back as well.

ArleneRaquel
05-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Youth is wasted on the young.

Jocelyn Quivers
05-03-2012, 04:24 PM
The Great Outdoors came out in 1985? I remember begging my mom to take me to see it in the theatre's, I guess I am that old. :eek: I have to admit when in girl mode I no longer wear slips and have gotten rid of the few I had.

Vickie_CDTV
05-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Women did indeed wear slips in the 80s, and I have some fond memories of slip sightings growing up at the time. I always felt women in the 80s (the adult women, not the teenage set so much) had a sense of class and elegance that I really enjoyed, and by the time I was a teenager in the early 90s that elegance was already considered outdated (especially as "grunge" started to become popular.) Nowadays, I tend to dress in elegant 80s-esque on the outside, and 1950s underneath. I am in my mid 30s, but I proudly wear my 50s style underdress with complete with old fashioned undies, a girdle, a slip and gartered stockings. It may not be what is hip and "with it" today, but it is what I like and appeals most to me, and I dress just for my own enjoyment.

Stephanie47
05-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Women did indeed wear slips in the 80s.

Of course women wore slips in the 1980's. One of my favorite full slips I bought at J C Penny. It is jade green with lots of black lace at the hem and cups. It is exquisite! I only wish I had the guts back then to buy off the rack the matching panties and bra. :( I have many many slips from the 1980's.

Sara Jessica
05-03-2012, 05:52 PM
What's a slip???

:)

Paulette
05-03-2012, 06:17 PM
I have a few half slips waiting for the right skirt or dress to wear them with, it seems that most of the dresses I buy are lined now days and may be in the 60-70's they were not and for modesty sake you wore slip. I think if I was wearing a wool skirt a nice nylon slip would feel nice next to your skin, so I guess it is just a fashion thing. I was thinking of getting rid of my full slips and half slips but have been afraid of needing one with something I wear. If I do not use them this year they are gone.

TGMarla
05-03-2012, 06:29 PM
They're missing out. All of them. And can one possibly even wear sheer skirts or (gasp!) dresses without a slip underneath? This younger generation is throwing some of the greatest fashion statements out the window and into the wind. Inner femininity may be alive (or on life support), but outer femininity is dying a nasty death.

I'll probably be hounded out of the community for such a statement, so if you want to yell at me about it, make sure you're wearing some kind of generic polo shirt, or some cheap variation of a T-shirt (layered, of course) when you do it. Sigh.

I'll be fielding all comers while wearing a very pretty dress, hosiery, heels.......and a lacy slip.

busker
05-03-2012, 06:31 PM
What's a slip???

:) that's when you step on a banana peel.LOL
by any other name it is a chemise.They are great, especially black silky ones.

spandexgirl188
05-03-2012, 06:39 PM
i completely agree. im the type of girl who listens to rock in all varieties and hardly listens to hip hop. sometimes, i listen to led zeppelin and my friends say "thats older than my father" sometimes i listen to new music and my parents say, its not as good as the old stuff. this is just like clothes, we think differently on what we think is good sense of fashion.

my personal opinion, i wouldnt be caught dead wearing a slip, but thats just me. Im not saying its a bad choice, im not saying its a good choice. just my personal opinion. i would say, skinnies, boots and wet look are great but then again some might not.

its what makes people great, imagine if everyone thought exactly the same......what a world.

toriwilliams
05-03-2012, 06:42 PM
:) yeah, a slip is when you almost fall :) Actually, in my current photo post, I am wearing a white slip underneath a long green wrap dress. But I'm wearing it more for fashion; also when the winds blows my skirt, I want the slip to show instead of my leg. In the case of the photo, i am setting down and as the photo was being taken my skirt happened to be off to the side.

TxKimberly
05-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Future generations will look back on 1990 to 2012 as a fashion wasteland . . . ROFL

Bree-asaurus
05-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Oh and as for slips specifically... I don't see a point. What are they supposed to do anyway? And down here in Texas, I wouldn't want the extra layers anyway... eeeck!

Leslie Langford
05-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Coincidentally, while out shopping today, I found myself standing in a check-out line behind a mid-20's GG who was wearing leggings that were so tight that they might as well have been pantyhose, with nothing over them except for a short jacket that covered only half of her J-Lo shaped rear end.

Even more disturbing was the fact that she was clearly wearing a thong underneath the leggings as its outline could clearly be seen through the stretched material. :eek: :thumbsdn:

I guess she should be given some credit for trying to avoid the dreaded VPL's this way, but as they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. ;) All in all, not a particularly appealing sight. :doh:

Oh, and did I mention that this fashion crime was witnessed in a Wally World store? Is anyone actually surprised by this? :heehee: :doh:

Vickie_CDTV
05-04-2012, 04:04 AM
Oh and as for slips specifically... I don't see a point. What are they supposed to do anyway? And down here in Texas, I wouldn't want the extra layers anyway... eeeck!

In addition to protecting one's modesty when wearing clothing that might be a bit see thru (especially necessary many years ago when skirts and dresses were not all lined,or keep a bra from showing through a white top), slips help protect clothing from perspiration (back when clothing was much more expensive than today), it also can help a skirt or dress hang better and move better when one walks, and helps protect against visible panty line (or visible garter tabs for that matter.)

Of course, some wear them because they are very pretty and feel very nice and sensual (mostly male bodied folks I would imagine) which enhances the sensual experience of wearing a dress or skirt and nylons etc.

WifeofWrenchette
05-04-2012, 05:07 AM
I wore then to work everyday back in the 80's. I wore dresses everyday and a slip everyday. It was "expected" back then. Also, hosiery was expected. My mother not only wore dresses, but a girdle and a slip, along with pantyhose everyday. We're in Texas and let me tell you, it got HOT wearing all those layers.

Cheryl T
05-04-2012, 09:11 AM
If the future brings all those Buck Rogers jumpsuits and the whole unisex look then I'll be so glad to be Retro. There are so many looks that you can revive that are feminine and sexy without being trashy.
I love the Flapper look and want to do that this year for Halloween.

kimdl93
05-04-2012, 09:14 AM
I have to differ. I don't think that a half slip constitutes a sense of fashion. I see lots of younger people who look great. They aren't emulating their mothers or grandmother's styles...but then neither did women of my mother or grandmother's generations.

EllieOPKS
05-04-2012, 09:29 AM
String theories are just that. A theory. As far as the glass surface on a stove, clean it with a good hammer and then go get a real stove.

I like current trends for women's fashion EXCEPT for the lack of pantyhose now days.

To each their own, I guess.

Ally 2112
05-04-2012, 09:57 AM
It just seems that most younger girls cannot really be bothered to dress up unless it is their prom wedding or some social event that requires fancy dress .I have seen many times girls walking up town in the malls etc with their pj bottoms on tsk tsk

Shananigans
05-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Lol this sound like what my SO and I do almost every night. It's really good when we don't play nice and get p*ssed about issues like welfare. We both like to debate for the sake of debate. It's also nice when we are saying the same thing, but we will keep debating anyway. We spent the entire month of January debating at each other whenever the other person would bring up the Theory of Everything.

Oddly enough, clothing evolution has popped up in our debates a few times. A common theme was a debate as to whether CDs would exist if all clothing styles were leveled...if, basically, everyone could wear what they wanted. I imagined that in this case, it would be a mish mosh of clothing with no specific gender goal in mind. The debate came in because many CDs say that male-designed skirt, heels, etc. are not an attractive option because these are men's clothes (though they were designed after female clothes). Women's clothes have done this...we have our own suits, pants, etc. Most women wear the female-designed clothing, and see no reason to wear the male predecessor design. But, many CDs here were saying that they would still choose the female clothing item over the male item. So, we got into whether it's about wearing the clothes you want, or specifically that you want to wear the clothes of the opposite sex. And, in a society where there were no gender-specified clothing, hair styles, etc. would there be CDs?

Anyway, in the society I talk about above, people might find it absurd that we defined clothing by gender. Probably just absurd as I find it that people actually Chose to wear wigs that were white hair. I can't wrap my head around some Victorian clothing styles either.

I will admit that I still have to wear slips. Some dresses just really do call for a slip, and they were absolutely required for my sorority's formal/ritual clothing. White dresses were really important for our formal events, so a slip is just common sense.

However, most of my dresses have slips built into them. It's not really the "liner" because many of my "Sunday dinner" dresses have what literally looks like a full-slip sewn to the dress. It's rather nice for July in Alabama. Usually this material is a bit more breathable than your standard silk slip.

But, I also like to NOT wear Sunday dinner dresses. Many of my dresses are so tight that a slip defeats the purpose. I guess some older people would say that's not modest and wasn't done in their generation (btw, YEAH RIGHT). But, I wear my tight dresses anyway. In fact, I love it when people hate on how I look/what I wear. The more haters the better, because it means I look so good that it literally pisses you off lol. So, no, THESE dresses do not call for slips. But, sorority wear, church, family events, business events still call for a slip...in the Deep South, at least.

ReineD
05-04-2012, 11:04 AM
The debate came in because many CDs say that male-designed skirt, heels, etc. are not an attractive option because these are men's clothes (though they were designed after female clothes). Women's clothes have done this...we have our own suits, pants, etc. Most women wear the female-designed clothing, and see no reason to wear the male predecessor design. But, many CDs here were saying that they would still choose the female clothing item over the male item. So, we got into whether it's about wearing the clothes you want, or specifically that you want to wear the clothes of the opposite sex. And, in a society where there were no gender-specified clothing, hair styles, etc. would there be CDs?

I don't think it's about specific styles, colors, fabrics so much (even though many members here have said it is), as it is wearing the clothes that are tailored for women, with room for bust and hips. If we all wore the same things, same colors, etc, we'd still have CDers wearing breast forms and hip pads so they could fit into women's clothing and their bodies would look feminine.

My SO made an observation years ago: if the visible differences between men and women were hair and skin color (i.e. if all reproductive organs were internal but women had no scalp hair and a green skin color), CDers would paint their faces green and shave their heads. :p

Bree-asaurus
05-04-2012, 11:09 AM
A common theme was a debate as to whether CDs would exist if all clothing styles were leveled...if, basically, everyone could wear what they wanted. I imagined that in this case, it would be a mish mosh of clothing with no specific gender goal in mind. The debate came in because many CDs say that male-designed skirt, heels, etc. are not an attractive option because these are men's clothes (though they were designed after female clothes).

I think this is the wrong group of people to honestly discuss what women 'should' and 'shouldn't' be wearing... Plenty of CDs here are super attracted to the idea of dressing up all fancy shmancy... more-so than the general female population I'm sure. So of course they thing all women should be dressing up as much as they do :P

I'm a woman every minute of every day. I don't want to spend a ton of time getting ready and being all uncomfortable because "i'm a woman and that's how women should dress."

I'm a woman and I dress comfortably and functionally. 95% of the time that's jeans and a t-shirt and no makeup. I'm not all super into women's cloths like some CDers are so why would I go through all that trouble?

BillieJoEllen
05-04-2012, 11:33 AM
The thing about slips (especially full-slips) is that they add a little extra special to life. I can still remember back in my younger days when my sisters and mother wouldn't even flinch if they were seen around the house wearing their slips. Remove their slips and they would be in a panic mode. Women embraced them as underwear but not quite underwear. I believe thats one reason that slips were so femininely designed. All that lace and smooth texture. They didn't really mind being seen in them.

Remember Elizabeth Taylor in 'Butterfield 8'? She looked fantastic.

Sometime in the 1990s Oprah was interviewing someone about fashion. Slips came up. The woman said that because of the more opaque materials being used now that slips weren't really necessary. Oprah asked "Women don't need to wear slips anymore? OK". Slips have been on a decline ever since.

And Reine has a good point about CDers wanting to wear the same exact thing that women wear. I well remember the line that Wendy spoke in the movie 'I Want What I Want'. "I don't care if women wear sackcloth and ashes, I'd still rather wear them".

Foxglove
05-04-2012, 11:40 AM
What's a slip???

That's when you say something you really wish you hadn't.

I'll be fielding all comers while wearing a very pretty dress, hosiery, heels.......and a lacy slip.

Hear, hear! A girl after my own heart. The others may wear what they like, but for me, what's the point of dressing if you don't dress pretty? Anyway, my mother and sister always wore a slip, but that has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Annabelle

vivianann
05-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Some of my dresses are made of sheer material, so I need to wear slips under them to be modest. I usually do not wear slips if the dress is made of thicker material that is barely see thru or not able to see thru.

priyaverma
05-04-2012, 12:08 PM
thats not done ..... I am !8 and I have much better sense in style being a Fashion Designer .... !!!!!!!!

Shananigans
05-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Girl, you just go on with ya bad self! I feel you! I had on a pair of pantyhose today (presentation for class), and I was so hot that I had to take the damn things off in the parking lot. (I was in my car). The guy in the truck that pulled up beside me nearly had a stroke. And, to be honest, I know I should have worn the damn pantyhose with the dress...but, I just wasn't going to be squeezed any longer. If I had a slip on, I would have pulled it off too!

May in Alabama and I am supposed to wear this crap...people are out of their minds...

I do feel I have to dress a certain way at times...but, I agree...it should be up to the person. There are people out there that just don't do slips and pantyhose and I can't blame them. I am honestly never wearing pantyhose again...this was the last straw. ...I mean, maybe, in the winter with cute skirts. But, that's it! And, I will probably stick to thigh highs for the rest of summer... Alright, I am just a lost cause. I always like the idea of an outfit until I am actually wearing it. Much like the idea of a slip is nice...you have less lines, more modesty, it whisks sweat away from your clothes. But, in practicality it is one more layer, and I feel like I am wrapped up in a burrito of clothing.

I would probably wear cute clothes for longer if I lived in a cooler environment...but, then, I'd have to leave the South and I am a Southern girl to the bone.

I think my ideal outfit now would be a summer dress (flowy)...that required no bra (I hate bras in the summer)...no slip required...a beer hat that was always cold, a battery powered fan attached to me and blowing at my face...and Chacos. But, it's never going to happen.

Also, I'd like to note that I spent 20 minutes on my makeup this morning and it melt off...my face literally melted off...my eyeliner was on my cheeks. This does not motivate me.

I think this is the wrong group of people to honestly discuss what women 'should' and 'shouldn't' be wearing... Plenty of CDs here are super attracted to the idea of dressing up all fancy shmancy... more-so than the general female population I'm sure. So of course they thing all women should be dressing up as much as they do :P

I'm a woman every minute of every day. I don't want to spend a ton of time getting ready and being all uncomfortable because "i'm a woman and that's how women should dress."

I'm a woman and I dress comfortably and functionally. 95% of the time that's jeans and a t-shirt and no makeup. I'm not all super into women's cloths like some CDers are so why would I go through all that trouble?

Marleena
05-04-2012, 03:08 PM
I actually like the present generations style. Cute wedge or high heels, layered 'tops' look over tights or leggings, manicured painted nails, pretty hairsyles and ornaments....and that's just the guys! :)

I like this answer.lol.

Karren H
05-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Well the young women here at work are dressing up more today than anyone has over the last 20 years!! Like dresses and skirts and heels. Makes working here a lot more pleasant! Lol.

Simply Joslyn
05-04-2012, 03:24 PM
tv tells me will be wearing skin tight suits that are identical to each other in every way lol, I love todays styles because they show off the beauty of women (or men hehe) by showing off curves and lovely looking bosoms, not that the eightys didn't but nowadays skinny pants aren't so tacky, your daughter reminds me off my older sister tough, now I'm smart in my own categorys, but its all bent up inside my insomniac mind, she on the other hand is holly crap batman smart and pulls it all together in a nice package, and shes beautiful too oh how I envy her sometimes, she got good grades (I used to aswell before my hidden add reared its head I'm only figuring it out now and reclaiming some of my rightful thought prowess), she even went to rutgers and nows shes an english teacher, sometimes I wish she new how much I would love to be like her. any who to the future my friends may it bring lovelier styles than today and yesterday

Bree-asaurus
05-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Girl, you just go on with ya bad self! I feel you! I had on a pair of pantyhose today (presentation for class), and I was so hot that I had to take the damn things off in the parking lot. (I was in my car). The guy in the truck that pulled up beside me nearly had a stroke. And, to be honest, I know I should have worn the damn pantyhose with the dress...but, I just wasn't going to be squeezed any longer. If I had a slip on, I would have pulled it off too!

May in Alabama and I am supposed to wear this crap...people are out of their minds...

I do feel I have to dress a certain way at times...but, I agree...it should be up to the person. There are people out there that just don't do slips and pantyhose and I can't blame them. I am honestly never wearing pantyhose again...this was the last straw. ...I mean, maybe, in the winter with cute skirts. But, that's it! And, I will probably stick to thigh highs for the rest of summer... Alright, I am just a lost cause. I always like the idea of an outfit until I am actually wearing it. Much like the idea of a slip is nice...you have less lines, more modesty, it whisks sweat away from your clothes. But, in practicality it is one more layer, and I feel like I am wrapped up in a burrito of clothing.

I would probably wear cute clothes for longer if I lived in a cooler environment...but, then, I'd have to leave the South and I am a Southern girl to the bone.

I think my ideal outfit now would be a summer dress (flowy)...that required no bra (I hate bras in the summer)...no slip required...a beer hat that was always cold, a battery powered fan attached to me and blowing at my face...and Chacos. But, it's never going to happen.

Also, I'd like to note that I spent 20 minutes on my makeup this morning and it melt off...my face literally melted off...my eyeliner was on my cheeks. This does not motivate me.

I totally want to move up north... I just can't seem to wear too little cloths in this weather... yuck!

I drove by a Hooters yesterday and saw the staff out in the parking lot playing some kind of sport. I just felt bad for them being out there in those thick pantyhose... oye!

Lorenqt
05-04-2012, 06:15 PM
I don't wear slips, of coarse they don't really go with the short skirts I wear.

CHEVELLE
05-04-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm sure even back in the previois's generations younger days all the "groups" had they're own style the fear heads with their leathers the athletes with their lettermen jackets (or from what my mom said letter sweaters for the female) the cowboys and cowgirls with their style. I wasn't alive then and I don't watch alot of movies or tv shows from that era so I can't point to female examples. Well our generation is alot more intense with that. Its not that we lack style its that our style is more intense depending on where we feel we fit socially for example most people used music which is where it seems to stem from. I personally listen only to heavy metal and country with the bulk being heavy metal so PERSONALLY my style will be mostly leather skirts black metal shirt tops pale pale foundation black lipstick black nail polish and black lip liner and eyeshadow. Same as what my wife wears when she wears makeup and dresses mostly she wears jeans and a metal t shirt and I personally feel that's a good look for my "group" or "genre" but I would like to dress up nice from time to time.

Intertwined
05-05-2012, 08:30 AM
That's true! :)

When I get nostalgic, it is not over slips, girdles, or whatever else were the styles of the 50s, but the tie-die, flowers-in-your-long-straight-hair-parted-in-the-middle, peasant blouse, and hip hugger styles of the 60s/70s.

Amen Reine..

What's a slip???

That's when you fall down, and, go boom..!

In addition to protecting one's modesty when wearing clothing that might be a bit see thru (especially necessary many years ago when skirts and dresses were not all lined,or keep a bra from showing through a white top), slips help protect clothing from perspiration (back when clothing was much more expensive than today), it also can help a skirt or dress hang better and move better when one walks, and helps protect against visible panty line (or visible garter tabs for that matter.)

Of course, some wear them because they are very pretty and feel very nice and sensual (mostly male bodied folks I would imagine) which enhances the sensual experience of wearing a dress or skirt and nylons etc.

They were also worn because some of the materials of the time were not that comfortable against the skin.

Oddly enough, clothing evolution has popped up in our debates a few times. A common theme was a debate as to whether CDs would exist if all clothing styles were leveled....

I said it before, I'll say it again, for me personally, it has NOTHING to do with the fact its women's clothing, if I could find (and I have, and purchased them instantly) Men's clothing, in the same materials, in colorful prints, with lace, I Wouldn't be buying women's clothing.

NOW, as for the younger generation, I am a schoolbus driver, and I think most people are only noticing the negative end of the spectrum, there are a LOT of young ladies, and men, that REALLY dress nice when going to school, sure, there at the guys that have their jeans down around their thighs, showing their boxers, and girls in Extreme mini's, and in tops that could double as mini's. BUT, I see plenty of young men in nice slacks, "polished" shoes and button down shirts, and young ladies in nice dresses or "decent" skirts & blouses. ON that note, several months ago, a high school girl went to get on my bus, and was wearing a LONG, very tight pencil skirt with no slit, she couldn't make the step up from the ground to the first step of the bus, one of the boys at the stop wound up lifting her onto the bus.

Foxglove
05-05-2012, 08:34 AM
My mother taught me that a lady always wears a slip. So that's what I do. I hope no one's going to argue with my mother.

Annabelle