PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled My FFS Surgery.

Pamela Kay
05-03-2012, 10:22 PM
After asking Inna and Melissa all about it and reading their experiences, and a lot of correspondence with Tyler at TransOp.com, I have sent my deposit and reserved my surgery date. I am scheduled for FFS surgery on October 2nd at 9 a.m.

Now hopefully my home will sell before then so I will have the funding without having to borrow the money. Either way, I'm having the surgery and transitioning at work and to full time when I return.

Since my birthday is on the 4th it should be both pain and relief. :)

AllieSF
05-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Congratulations. Are you going to Cardenas in Mexico or someone else?

Aprilrain
05-03-2012, 10:41 PM
FFS is a life changer. Everyday i look in the mirror and say, "WOW", and then, "So that is what I should have looked like!"
I hope you experience the sense of ease that I now do because of my facial surgery.
I assume you trust your Dr with your life, If so trust his/her opinion about which procedures you need and don't need. I was skeptical of cheek implants but Spiegel knew what he was talking about!

Britney Johnson
05-03-2012, 10:48 PM
That is so great. Totally happy for you. It is one of the most important steps in achieving our goals. I look forward to the day that I have my opportunity to move forward. I think that is a step that lets us see our selves as we feel we were meant to be seen.... Hugz and congratulations Love. Best wishes for you.

Jorja
05-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Congratulations, you are moving forward. It may be painful but it will be so worth it when it has healed.

kimdl93
05-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Congratulations. And happy birthday!

Julia_in_Pa
05-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Happy Birthday Pamela!!!! YAY!!

A HUGE congrat's on your upcoming FFS surgery.

It's all coming together for you. :)

Julia

Badtranny
05-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Congratulations. Are you going to Cardenas in Mexico or someone else?

Yes, Cardenas is the surgeon affiliated with TransOp.com

Congratulations Pam. You have a long wait in front of you. I only had a 4 week wait between booking and going and (in the voice of Rosanne Rosanna Danna) ...I thought I was gonna die.

Tammy V
05-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Congratulations sis, this will be the Best birthday present you could possibly give to yourself right now :):)

Kristy_K
05-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Congrats Pamela. For me it look more painful than what it really was. I agree with Melissa about the wait. I only had to wait 4 weeks and it seem to take forever to get there.

Pamela Kay
05-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Sorry, yes it is with Dr. Cardenas in Guadalajara Mexico.

April, that's what I want, don't want to see that guy in the mirror anymore.
If mine turns out half as well as Inna's I will be happy.

Haven't seen any pictures of Melissa's or Michelle's progress recently. (hint, hint)

Pamela Kay
05-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Thank's for all the well wishes everyone! Yes it does seem like forever but that is my plan and it will give me time to get some things in order. The wife and I are going to part as friends and live seperately then divorce in a year or so. We are getting the house ready to put on the market and I really hope to have it sold by the time I have my surgery since I'm paying for it out of my part of the equity. We have a lot of sorting and disposing of stuff to do since we're both going to apartments.

The plan is to schedule my name change and transition to full time to happen when I return and am recovering. That way when I have recovered enough from FFS to go back to work, I'll be going back to work as Pam, the real me.

And yes, it will be a great birthday present!

Pamela Kay
05-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Thought you might like to see the list of my recommended proceedures.
I'm like an old car, need a lot of work. lol

•Minor Facelift
•Forehead Bone Remodeling
•Rhinoplasty
•Upper Lip Lift
•Fat Infiltration to the Lips
•Chin Remodeling
•Jaw Remodeling
•Liposuction of the Midsection
•Possibly hair transplants

Michelle.M
05-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Pamela, that's great! You're gonna be gorgeous, and you'll just love staying with Tyler and Vicente.

Haven't seen any pictures of Melissa's or Michelle's progress recently. (hint, hint)

Um, *ahem!* /blush/ Well, we'll see. I'm looking pretty good but not quite camera ready yet.

Pamela Kay
05-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Thanks so much Michelle.

Didn't mean to leave you out of my references but I did read your experience with Dr. Cardenas and used it as a guide too.

I can't wait to see you when you are camera ready, inquiring minds want to see! lol

Kirsty_D
05-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Congratulations Pamela and happy advance birthday…

I've sent pictures out to many doctors just waiting back for some quotes… I never thought of Mexico, I'll contact Dr. Cardenas's clinic as well.