PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Request 2

Chari
05-04-2012, 10:33 AM
This is a continuation of the "wedding request" posted the beginning of April 2012. It is a big responsibility to be a wedding planner, but progress for all the facets of planning this wedding are coming together better than expected. A few days ago my cousin Kathy, the bride to be, and I met at her favorite hair salon for my pre-wedding hair style/facial makeover. We were greeted by Lisa the hair stylist-makeover artist who gave us each a warm hug and smile. Kathy excused herself to do some texting, while Lisa guided me to a plush mirrored cubical. Seated in the chair, Lisa began measuring, combing, and feeling my hair. "Your cousin previously discussed your situation, and I think it is wonderful you are to be her MOH! Are you excited? she quizzed. "Just abit nervous with mixed emotions" I replied. "Go for it & enjoy the ride!" she laughed as she adjusted the water, tipped the chair back, and added shampoo to my hair. Her massaging my hair & scalp felt great! After rinsing my hair, she moved a small table filled with hair curlers, pins, and lotions closer to the chair, stating "This may feel a bit strange at first, but it will help give your hair more body, fullness, but without the frizz". Swiftly she took sections of my hair and rolled it onto the big pink curlers. In a few minutes my entire sides and back of my head were covered with rollers! Combing my bangs down, she trimmed them at an angle, and put my bangs in bigger rollers. Applying setting lotion to each roller, she moved a hair dryer over my head, set the timer and heat, and again told me to "relax and enjoy the experience". Within a few more minutes Margo, the nail technican came over saying "its time to do your nails girlfriend while you hair is drying". Looking at my nails Margo said "your cousin prefers you to wear acrylic nails. Is that OK with you?" Sure, I'll give it a try!" I replied. It was facinating watching Margo buff, file, and trim my nails, but I was concerned that the fake nails would be too long. "Not to worry sweetie. After they dry on your nails they will be shaped & trimmed down, and you'll love them!" she said. About fifteen minutes passed and Margo checked each nail for adhesion. She trimmed, filed, and shaped each nail into a long oval extending 1/4 inch beyond my fingertips, and added a clear base coat of polish. Next two coats of bright red polish was applied, with another top clear coat to seal. My fingers looked long slim, and more feminine! I did love them! Just then the hair dryer timer sounded, and Lisa was there to remove the dryer and check my hair. "Time to make you beautiful" said Lisa as she rolled away the dryer and put another tall chair in the cubical for my cousin to sit & watch my transformation. My entire face & neck was wiped clean, a moisturizer with a light foundation was applied, and my brows were trimmed, thinned, & shaped with a more defined arch. False eyelashes were added, along with dark gray liner to enhance my eyes. Light golden tan eyeshadow with white added to the corners of my eyes gave them a wide eyed look. Using a neutral color powder blush to cover a few minor facial flaws, and a light rose blush gave my cheeks a natural healthy color. Out lining my lips, adding a burgundy red lipstick, and a touch of clear gloss completed my facial makeover. Finally the curlers were removed, my hair combed, teased, sprayed, and hair extensions added to the back of my hair. Looking into the mirror was breath-taking for me. The very feminine elegant image in the mirror moved as I did! Yes, it was me - only more feminie than I had looked in a long time! I loved the new me and so did my cousin. "For certain you do pass to be my MOH!" said my cousin giving me a hug.
Next week we will be going to the bridal boutique for dress selection and fittings. Your comments are always welcome. Chari

Voulez-Vous
05-04-2012, 11:19 AM
I could be wrong, but only one word comes to mind here - "fictionmania".

BillieJoEllen
05-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Anyone remember the movie 'A Girl Like Me'? Gwen was asked to be a bridesmaid in her sister's wedding but couldn't be because of her Grandmother's resistance. She did however show up at the wedding in a bridesmaid dress. This was the depiction of a true story. Can't remember what talk show her mother was interviewed on but her mother told the same story.

Fictionmania could come to mind but it could really be happening.

DonnaT
05-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Sounds like a great time Chari.

When's the wedding?

I don't recall, but are you efemme all the time now? Cause those nails will be hard to remove, etc., etc. Well, you did say your cousin was demanding ;)

Persephone
05-04-2012, 12:59 PM
What an awesome experience, Chari! Nothing like a day of pampering!

Are you responsible for putting on a shower? When is the Wedding Day?

If you haven't already put together a Bride's Emergency Kit you might want to start putting one together. You know, a plastic tub with hairspray, safety pins, aspirin or other pain reliever, band-aids, bottles of water, chalk (cover up smudges or smears on Wedding Dress), clear nail polish (for stocking runs), dental floss/toothpicks , straight pins (to pin corsages, etc.), eye drops, extra earring backs, spare panty hose, stuff like that.

You can find lists of brides/MOH emergency kits online.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Amber Chen
05-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Oh, Chari!!! Go for it girl!!! When exactly is the wedding? Don't forget PICTURES!!!! And the entire story, start to finish!

Janet77
05-04-2012, 02:45 PM
I could be wrong, but only one word comes to mind here - "fictionmania".
+1 But I could be convinced otherwise if pictures were to appear.:straightface:

Chari
05-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Many "Thanx" for your input & comments! I am so sorry in all my excitement I did forget to give the wedding date. It is Friday, October 12, 2012. The bridal shower is Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 3PM. Sorry but family and wedding members only. Believe me this is not "fictionmania" as some have suggested! I'm working too hard to make this special occasion a wonderful memory for my cousin!
Thanx very much Persephone for the "emergency bridal kit" idea!
Chari

Stephanie47
05-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Pictures, Saturday, October 13, 2012?? Please.

Sheila11
05-04-2012, 05:32 PM
+1 But I could be convinced otherwise if pictures were to appear.:straightface:

+1 But I could be convinced otherwise if pictures were to appear.

Babeba
05-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Yikes! Is your cousin going to pay for acrylics between now and the wedding??! Cause six months of fills and redos are expensive. If she's being that much of a bridezilla i hope she's paying! It seems a little crazy for you guys to be trialing hair and makeup before any of the dressed have been selected, doesn't it?

Sandra1746
05-04-2012, 09:00 PM
This sounds like the thrill of a lifetime. I wish you and your cousin all the best.

Enjoy the day, it will be special.

Hugs and best wishes,
Sandra1746

gender_blender
05-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Without pictures, I would tend to agree with the "fiction" comments, although I had the pleasure of being a bridesmaid in the wedding of a couple of good friends from college a few years ago who had been quite supportive of me in the early stages of transition. I, however, do have plenty of images of the occasion which can be seen on my blog:
http://gender-blender.livejournal.com/52455.html#cutid1

Launa
05-06-2012, 01:35 AM
If this is true, then I'm very jealous!

Chari
05-06-2012, 06:20 AM
Although more posts were planned related to the "wedding request" started April, 2012, sadly, this will be the last & final post of my MOH encounters at this forum. It was appalling that some members concluded since no pictures were attached, my posts were "fictionmania"! I respect those skeptics opinions and ask for pardon for not having knowledge, equipment, or software to produce and transfer photos to the internet, including this forum. To those of you who have enjoyed my MOH experiences & would like to view the chosen MOH dress, please go to www.davidsbridal.com, click on dress your wedding, search keyword or style# F12688, in the stores color chart - guava. As for the bridal gown, it is fabulous, but also a closely guarded secret until her wedding day.
Your understanding in this matter is appreciated.
Chari

Sandra1746
05-06-2012, 06:26 AM
Chari,
Don't be offended by some with narrow minds, or simply a poor choice of words. I enjoyed your MOH post and took you at your word. Being easily put off by these childish comments will not solve anything, you can't "hide" every time someone insults you. Stand up to these "insults" and find a way around them; that is after all a part of life itself.

Good luck whatever path you choose,
Sandra1746

Laura912
05-06-2012, 06:35 AM
It is sad that a few unkind words can go so far. Please stay with us and share your experiences.

Kate Simmons
05-06-2012, 06:40 AM
Yeah I know the feeling Hon. When I first came on here I had no pics and some were saying I was not who I claimed to be. I finally got a little camera and started posting avatars, etc. so that stopped that noise. Personally, I took your posts about the wedding stuff at your word without pics and was just happy for you. Evidently some folks can't do that which is kinda sad really. Best wishes my friend.:)

Rebecca W.
05-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Dear Chari,
Keep posting your "MOH" threads and i will keep reading them. Honesty, truth, is how I write on this forum.I speak of my life events and my deep inner feelings about crossdressing on here. I am not on here to write ficton, just real-life encounters and feelings. I have not posted any pictures, yet on here and when I feel that I am ready to, I will. Don't let some negative posts deter your ability to express yourself. There are so many imposters in this world and I strongly believe that on this forum, that we are all honest with each other. Honesty is not always what you want to hear, but I would rather hear the truth, than a lie.

Keep on posting and may honesty rule over just a picture for justification. Pictures can be just as fake as fiction.

Voulez-Vous
05-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Chari,
Don't be offended by some with narrow minds, or simply a poor choice of words. I enjoyed your MOH post and took you at your word. Being easily put off by these childish comments will not solve anything, you can't "hide" every time someone insults you. Stand up to these "insults" and find a way around them; that is after all a part of life itself.

Good luck whatever path you choose,
Sandra1746

Hmmm....
What insults? ? ?

Babeba
05-07-2012, 01:31 AM
Some of the most outlandish threads on here have turned out to be true, so if you thought I was being sly and judge-y, nope. I know better and things like that always come out in the wash.

I more was worried because what you described sounded like major-controlling-bride syndrome. Weddings are important and special, but it's really just one day and it seems like your cousin is expecting a lot of your time, energy and money already. That's a big warning sign and frankly, the nails thing is a bit much at this stage. If you were a GG you wouldn't likely have gone along with that so early on before the wedding, and I am worried that your cousin chose you because as a CD she thinks she can get away more with the bridezilla thing of bossing you around and controlling you. I mean, truly, your obligation even as a MOH are to get the dress and show up in it. Anything extra is gravy, you're not a living doll (with Barbie's bank account to shell out for one days' outfit) and you're not a DIY making slave.

Leslie Langford
05-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Methinks the OP doth protest too much, and is being a bit of a diva herself by threatening to suspend further posts on her Maid of Honor adventure because of some justified skepticism as to the veracity of her claims. Really, to go to such alleged lengths for hair/make up/acrylic nail trials SIX months before the wedding does sound a bit over-the-top to me, and frankly - a bit suspect, even if the bride-to-be who is demanding all of this is something of a bridezilla herself.

Of course, the obvious way to deflect any such skepticism would have been to post pictures of this makeover in the first place, and certainly shyness to do so can't be the issue here. After all, by her own admission, the OP was quite willing to undergo such a radical boy-to-girl transformation in a public place i.e. a GG beauty salon - never mind the whole concept of acting as a female Maid of Honor at a wedding in the first place.

Maybe no pictures were taken at this initial makeover, and that would justify such an omission. But I'm also sure there will be other trails between now and the wedding such as the Maid of Honor dress purchase and fitting. So my challenge to the OP would be that if she wanted to maintain her credibility before some of the skeptics here (myself included), then the opportunity to post pictures from a future makeover/fitting session would certainly exist at that time.

Seems like an obvious solution insofar as my fundamentally linear and non-convoluted male brain is concerned, and a no-brainer at that - unless of course, the OP isn't being totally up-front with us...

Babeba
05-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Pictures are a really important part of trials, so that you can take them to the day of and say what you liked or didn't like about it. Plus you'd otherwise be paying (Cut and extensions applied, styling, pro makeup and acrylics) between $160-500 to 'try out' a style and then take it all off again. Without getting any pictures of it when for ten bucks you can get a disposable camera and develop it.

Having said that, I pretty much always use my iPhone to access this site and I can't for the life of me figure out how to upload pics directly from it! My point is, I'm sure there are pictures it's just a matter of compatibility with this site and browser.

Chickhe
05-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Chari...you're going to get some negative responses...its just the nature of forums... I say throw out the really positve, the really offensive and read what's in the middle... Sounds like fun and it would be really neat to see pictures too, but the story of your expereince is really interesting also. ...are you going to wear those nails until the wedding?

Voulez-Vous
05-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Methinks the OP doth protest too much, and is being a bit of a diva herself by threatening to suspend further posts on her Maid of Honor adventure because of some justified skepticism as to the veracity of her claims. Really, to go to such alleged lengths for hair/make up/acrylic nail trials SIX months before the wedding does sound a bit over-the-top to me, and frankly - a bit suspect, even if the bride-to-be who is demanding all of this is something of a bridezilla herself.
Of course, the obvious way to deflect any such skepticism would have been to post pictures of this makeover in the first place, and certainly shyness to do so can't be the issue here. After all, by her own admission, the OP was quite willing to undergo such a radical boy-to-girl transformation in a public place i.e. a GG beauty salon - never mind the whole concept of acting as a female Maid of Honor at a wedding in the first place.

I agree 100% Leslie. This story is too well scripted. I say it's pure baloney.
Prove me wrong. Pics or it didn't happen.

Sarah C.
05-08-2012, 08:01 PM
I agree 100% Leslie. This story is too well scripted. I say it's pure baloney.
Prove me wrong. Pics or it didn't happen.

Since Chari has been a member for almost 5 years and has close to 2,000 posts, personally, I'd say that speaks quite highly of her credibility.

LeannL
05-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Come on, give Chari the benefit of the doubt here. 2000 posts to set this up? That would be a whole lot of work to set up a prank.

Also, since I suspect none of us will be invited to the wedding, whether or not this is real doesn't make a difference. If it is real or just a really well told tale, we view this in our mind and imagine what it would be like if we were there. Whether or not it belongs on fictionmania, just enjoy it.

BTW, I wish I was young enough and had the right friends to have had this opportunity. As it is, the best I could hope for would be the (grand)Mother of the Bride!

Leann

Nikki A.
05-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Chari has been on here too often and too long. I say I hope she has a great time and good for her.