PDA

View Full Version : Formal Gala Tonight

Rachel Renee
05-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Tonight the local TG group, Dallas Feminine Expressions, is hosting a formal gala/prom night and it wil be my first official group function. There will be more than 70 people there so I get a great opportunity to meet some more people and hopefully, make a few new friends. Plus I get to dress up in formal evening wear, which I have never done. I have rented an entire outfit from the local transformation service, complete with accesories, and I also scheduled an appointment with a makeup artist who will be on site. It's going to be a fun night!

Persephone
05-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Have a great time, Rachel! Pictures! Pictures!

Hugs,
Persephone.

KimberlyJean
05-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Sounds like alot of fun!! Like Persephone said Pics.

mollymature
05-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Hi Rachel.Just wanna say have a great evening,your gonna be the queen of the prom.Wanna see some pics later.Kiss from molly

Miranda09
05-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Sounds like you'll have a wonderful time Rachel. Hope to see some photos!! :)

Kate Simmons
05-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Sounds like exciting fun Hon. Have a good time.:)

Beverley Sims
05-06-2012, 02:15 PM
A fun relaxing night with like people. I hope you can feel like a debutante.

Raychel
05-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Sounds like a great night, Have fun.

Victoria StJohn
05-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Rachel, have a fun night. Having the complete outfit and makeup, you will look awesome. Can't wait to see some photos of the gala. Don't forget your camera and charge it up before you leave home. You lucky girl.:hf:

ArleneRaquel
05-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Sounds as if we be a very enjoyable night.

JessHaust
05-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Rachel,
I will miss seeing you tonight but have fun, i am in New Orleans and could not make the event. I know you will be welcomed by everyone. Enjoy!

Bree Wagner
05-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Wow Rachel, sounds like a ton of fun. I can't wait to hear about how it went!

-Bree

Maria in heels
05-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Rachel..sounds like you are going to have a wonderful night! Make sure to enjoy yourself, and as everyone else says....invite us with pictures !

Rachel Renee
05-07-2012, 02:54 AM
It was another amazing night and I am exhausted! I got to meet lots of cool people tonight and everyone was dressed to the nines. There were a few girls in particular that were operating at a very high level and looking beyond stunning. It was inspiring. I rocked a little black dress, black hose, with a killer pair of Christian Siriano pumps (4" heel, open toe, sling back). I also had some dangly earrings, which my hair obscured all night, and a pretty bracelet that matched. I must admit, I felt HOT.

They had a staging area where we could get ready and have our makeup done if we needed it. I had one of the makeup artists do mine and I asked for a dramatic look. I think she nailed it. They also had professional photography there and I got a few pro pics taken, but I won't get them for a few days. I did snap a picture of myself just before heading in, too.

One of the highlights of the evening was a performance by Dallas' very own TG rockband, CHIX. The guitarist in the band is the girl who did my first makeover and outing on Monday, and she is the organizer and "head princess" of our group, so CHIX is kinda DFE's official rock band. How cool is that? The lead singer is a GG and I may have fallen in love with her a little bit. :daydreaming:

She pulled me out of the crowd and had me dancing with her while she sang. I'm a terrible dancer, especially in 4" heels, but I couldn't say no. Then during another song, another GG pulled me out onto the dance floor. I don't think I have ever received as much attention from women as I did tonight. As Rachel. What in the hell?

My next outing is already planned for May 26. CHIX is playing a show at a bar downtown and I will be there. I look forward to hanging out with my new friends again.

I don't want to post pics that include other members, for privacy's sake, but here are a couple of pictures from after my makeup was done and as I was primping just before going into the event. Also, a picture of the band, and a blurry one of me and Nikki, the guitarist/makeover master/princess/rockstar.

I go to bed now. Good night! :D