PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos removing from the look

Simply Joslyn
05-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Well I had quite a interesting proposition today, I was hanging outside my local supermarket and began talking to the guy sitting on the bench next to me, apparently hes a tattoo artist whos got a shop nearby anyway hey thought I was pretty chill and offered to give me a free one as long as I tell all my friends, not bad right. Anyway I want to get myself two wrist tattoos in a chainlink pattern like so

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldw6rjmTpP1qzabkfo1_500.jpg

my only thought is when I don't look like guy does that seem strange for a woman? I know quite a few girls have wrist tattoos and I enjoy that one pretty much either way and will probably get it either way, just don't want it to look to off

BLUE ORCHID
05-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Hi Joslin, As I only like tattoos on other people it's your body and it's up to you what you do with it.
it's cool that thats's what you like but have you given it any thought ??

Simply Joslyn
05-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Hi Joslin, As I only like tattoos on other people it's your body and it's up to you what you do with it.
it's cool that thats's what you like but have you given it any thought ??Oh yes for about 5 years actually it kinda means something to me and if need be I can hide it with my smolex (knockoff rolex if that wasn't apparent) and one of those armstrong bands or whatever it is on the other side so shouldn't be too much a bother. But I've wanted that specific one for quite some time so the oppurtuinity seems right for me

Diane Smith
05-06-2012, 08:57 PM
That design and placement is gender neutral and shouldn't detract from your feminine presentation. I know a couple of ladies who have similar tattoos. In future years, if you decide it looks too butch, you could always soften the look with some vines or flowers woven into it.

- Diane

Cassi3
05-06-2012, 09:30 PM
I say go for it. The design looks pretty gender neutral to me as well. I have ink myself, on my left shoulder blade. It's not visible with a regular shirt on, but when I wear a stop or dress with spaghetti straps, you can see it and I rather show it. I get questions on it all the time, so I say go for it, if that is what you want.

drag n fly
05-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Looks great to me Joslyn..smooches jackie

KarenCDFL
05-07-2012, 09:44 AM
I personally don't care for Tattoos on myself but I have seen many men and women who I have admired because of the placement and design of their ink.

Though secretly I would have loved to get a "Tramp Stamp" For some reason I find that type of Tattoo sexy beyond words!

Tina B.
05-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Just keep in mind, where you put a tat, has a lot to do with what jobs you will or will not be hired for, Tats around the face, or hands, that show all the time, bother some employers, beyond that, it's your body, and your the one that has to live with it for life, if you want it, don't let anyone tell you you shouldn't have it. I've had a tat for 50 years, I would be glad to give you mine, if I could get it off my arm. (not willing to go thought the pain or expense to remove it really).
Tina B.

Julogden
05-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Remember that what looks cool when you're young can look awful and totally inappropriate when you're older. Think ahead on this one. And also remember that something like that could also negatively impact being hired for some jobs.

Carol

Vickie_CDTV
05-07-2012, 02:35 PM
It is something to really think about, it is in a visible area and as others have said having one in a visible area can hurt you in terms of employment (less so today, but still it certainly not beneficial either.) Tattoo removal is not perfect (and is expensive and painful) so you can't rely on the option of removing it years down the road. I see kids today with tattoos all over (and I mean all over) their necks and faces and I can't help thinking they are crazy; I wouldn't care if I was hiring employees, but a good number of employers out there do and it will hurt their opportunities for employment as they get older, why would someone intentionally limit themselves that way?

sierra_g
05-07-2012, 02:47 PM
I have a full wraparound of lizards on my arm that can be pulled off as fem, and a Cobra command (from GI JOE) that would be a bit more difficult to pull off, but there were female Cobras on the show. I say get what makes you feel good, but you may want to lay off getting your last name scrolled across your chest or back in Olde English, as that is very manly, lol.