PDA

View Full Version : Combining male and female persona's in one photo?

Sarah C.
05-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Hi All,

As some of you may know, I recently did a boudoir photo session (best CD experience ever!), and I'm very much looking forward to doing another one (hopefully this fall). I had an idea for a photo, but I don't know how to go about achieving it, so I'd love to hear your ideas!

Here's my idea. I want to do one photo that captures both the male and female parts of my personality at the same time, but don't know how to do it. I've seen some photos where half the face is done in makeup and the other half isn't, but I'm not really a big fan of those. The only other idea I could think of was to have my top-half female (wig, makeup, bra with forms) and the bottom half nude (I have no issue going risque for this photo!). But I need to make sure my photographer would be good with that one!

I'd love to hear any other ideas to capture both sides that anyone may have - let's get creative here!

Cheers!
Sarah C.

Leslie Langford
05-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Sarah,

What about simply doing your make up in typical boudoir glam mode, putting on one of your favourite, girly outfits (maybe lingerie?), and pairing that with your favourite jewellery, accessories, and heels etc. You could then strike some provocative poses for your photos - but the kicker would be that all of them would be sans wig to show off your male hair and thereby provide the desired (jarring? ;)) juxtaposition...

tiffanyjo89
05-07-2012, 07:51 PM
No makeup and wig (except for foundation to make your face look more even in the pictures) yet a feminine body style.

NadiaEvelina
05-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Hi there, sounds like you are going for an androgynous photo. Kind of like the ones Andrej Pejic appears on. I know a challenge for many cd is the facial hair cover up... but I would be thinking of putting a wig, covering up that facial hair and very slight eye make up only leaving the rest natural. As for the wardrobe, completely dressed as a woman but showing your flat chest or at least some of it.

Have fun!'
Nadia

Janine cd
05-07-2012, 09:33 PM
I'd rather keep my femme persona separate from my drab male self.

Margo Paulse
05-07-2012, 10:17 PM
I have a vision of a photograph of my male persona gazing in the mirror seeing my reflection as my female persona. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this type of photo is welcome.

abbie_lynn
05-07-2012, 10:24 PM
I have a vision of a photograph of my male persona gazing in the mirror seeing my reflection as my female persona. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this type of photo is welcome.

I love this idea! I use "The GIMP" photo editor myself. It wouldn't be that hard if you took two separate pictures with the camera on a tri-pod and controlled the lighting. The angle might be tough unless you just want to see the back of your guy head. I would steal your idea if I actually knew how to do makeup and look like a girl.

You could play with multiple mirrors to get more angles. That idea has so much potential --- good luck.

meghana
05-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Sarah,
In my opinion, wear a glamorous makeup and hair for feminine side. Put on a male suit and you can expose your chest to give it an androgynous look. I guess you get inspired from following shots.

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/5568/5568,1226853639,1/stock-photo-androgynous-men-20614351.jpg
http://images.fashionmodeldirectory.com/images/intopic_images/2011/b68ae71dc19f18376b1356e0b4828c1b.jpg

EllieOPKS
05-08-2012, 09:57 AM
why not just photo shop a male & female pic together. A lot of people do that.