PDA

View Full Version : 3rd person or 1st person?

abbie_lynn
05-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Out of curiosity when 'adopting' or 'pretending' a female persona do you refer or think about her in the 3rd person or 1st person.. similarly when thinking about your male persona is it him or I?

I don't know if I'm on the fast track for multiple personality disorders (haha, just kidding), but I have yet to be consistent. When I am dressed, my male persona is almost always him. But with Abbie I vary. I know there's no rules, I suspect it might change with time. Because I don't have the desire to actually become a girl (other than scientific curiosity), I think its unnatural to think "I'm a girl" even if I am dressed.

Anyone else been there?

~Abbie

Eryn
05-07-2012, 11:20 PM
The only rule is that there are no rules. Our language is not equipped to deal with individuals who identify as two genders so you do what you like and what works for you. Some keep strict separation between their male and female sides, others blend them together in their minds.

Brittany CD
05-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Since Katie is me, I go by first person except when I think of something like "I want to be Katie now"

suzy1
05-08-2012, 02:50 AM
Just one person.

I don’t adopt or pretend to be Suzy. It’s just who I am. It’s a permanent part of my personality.
So I suppose I am not CD but TG but I am not that interested in labels.

I do love being the way I am.

SUZY

Nichola
05-08-2012, 02:57 AM
I look different & move a little different, but whether I'm dressed like a guy or a girl I'm still the same person inside.

sierra_g
05-08-2012, 03:38 AM
My wife and I refer to Sierra as if a separate person because it makes my wife able to separate the two a bit better, but there is definitely some bleed over. I still have some fem thoughts and actions as the male me, but I am learning to separate the two when absolutely needed.

When I am in Sierra mode, I am very first person. She is me, after all.

Shannon C.
05-08-2012, 03:43 AM
When I am dressed I always refer to myself as Shannon and vice versa when I am not dressed. I think its all about becoming comfortable with who you and embrace it.

Contessa
05-08-2012, 07:37 AM
I would prefer to always be called Contessa even in male mode by those who know me. I don't see calling myself in the third person. I'm always Contessa, so I will answer to either name and it is fun. You or anyone can also call me Contessa Marie even if you are angry with me Marie is my middle name not my last name. Since my male name is no where near my femme name then you can't confuse the two. Just when I am in Contessa's clothes please only call me by Contessa. Contessa is a very nice person and can get along with anyone.

Ta Ta

Tess

Kate Simmons
05-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Who says you are not Hon? I have yet for anyone to decidedly prove to me that I am not a woman per se when dressed. There is a metamorphosis that takes place both neural and chemical when we go into femme mode. Just because we don't fully understand the process doesn't mean it doesn't happen.:)

Jocelyn Quivers
05-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Just one person.

I don’t adopt or pretend to be Suzy. It’s just who I am. It’s a permanent part of my personality.
So I suppose I am not CD but TG but I am not that interested in labels.

I do love being the way I am.

SUZY

That's kind of how things are evolving with me or the girl side (whatever it is being that I am a GM and have no real basis, knowledge, or feelings as to what is feminine or a GG) is becoming more dominant and the male side is taking a far smaller role. To be honest I getting confused myself now. :confused3:

Veronica27
05-08-2012, 08:56 AM
I am a man regardless of how I am dressed. To me Veronica is much like a nickname that I use when I am dressed and among others, or when posting online. I feel no confusion that I somehow might be a woman, even when I am fully dressed and attempting to look like one. As for using the third person to refer to myself, I never do because it always sounds a bit pretentious to me.

Veronica

Carla Winters
05-08-2012, 09:00 AM
What an interesting question. I hadn't thought of it but seems as if I've been there. Like Abbie, I don't know that I'm consistent, sometimes thinking of my femme persona as another and sometimes merging into one.

Kimberlyfaye
05-08-2012, 09:06 AM
I find when I'm in male mode I refer to this girl called Mikayla. But when I'm dressed or on here then I refer to myself as Mikayla. I do feel that I am Mikayla so no matter what I'm only one person whether I look male or a not so passable female.

kimdl93
05-08-2012, 02:28 PM
I stick to first person, because there is just me. But other people prefer referring to this other side in the third person. Just don't use second person - that would be just weird!

Joanne f
05-08-2012, 03:26 PM
I am just one person , one gender, just happen to have two names :)

abbie_lynn
05-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Hmm really interesting responses. I can't say I think of myself as "Abbie". Maybe I will someday or maybe I won't. I definitely feel like I 'become' a different person now when I dress up.

KimberlyJean
05-08-2012, 08:05 PM
I didn't think about this until I read this thread but I have never really felt that my male name fit me. I have felt that nicknames and titles have always fit better. But Kimberly feels like my name and I identify with it. I do however think of her in the third person except when she is wearing my clothes.

Miriam-J
05-08-2012, 08:46 PM
I am most certainly just me, in the first person. Miriam is an alias that I use in venues where the female name is more accepted, like this forum. As I've mentioned to a few in private correspondence, I have no idea who Miriam is - it's just a convenience that makes it easier to relate anonymously within the CD community.

Miriam (or whoever I am)

Sandra1746
05-08-2012, 10:33 PM
I am just one person but my gender is fluid depending on how I am dressed or how I perceive myself. I self-identify as transgender.

A physical analogy perhaps; is water a solid, a liquid , or a gas? The answer is yes, all three and it depends on the physical conditions at the moment.

I am just one person but I can be either gender, or part of either gender, depending on the conditions and circumstances. It does make for an interesting life.

Hugs,
Sandra1746

Cheryl T
05-09-2012, 07:25 AM
I'm always Cheryl....people just don't always see me that way.

GBJoker
05-09-2012, 12:55 PM
I always say "I, me, my, mine" no matter what. I rarely use my own names for anything.

...wife able to separate the two a bit better...

And this would be the only reason I can conceive of saying my name.

Frédérique
05-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Out of curiosity when 'adopting' or 'pretending' a female persona do you refer or think about her in the 3rd person or 1st person.. similarly when thinking about your male persona is it him or I?

I only refer to Freddy as “Freddy” while I’m on this board, simply because nearly everybody does the same thing, and it sounds (I mean looks) cute, much like saying “tranny” is a cute thing (to me). I refer to my male persona as “I,” and, since my female persona is the same “person,” I also refer to her as “I.” We are one and the same, so what’s in a name?
:idontknow:

docrobbysherry
05-09-2012, 11:25 PM
I use those alternate tenses here. Simply to make my point easier to understand. But, I don't think that way. No him or her in my mind.

However, there have been a few times when I've been out as Sherry and she gets me to do or feel things I think r un-imagionable!

Barbara Ella
05-10-2012, 12:16 AM
My feminine side and my name Barbara are both very new to me, so I am probably very inconsistent in my personal references. I would hope to arrive at the "I" that others have mentioned regardless of which mode i am in. Barbara is personal to me, but mainly a convenience to communicate and establish recognition. I am me.

Barbara