PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia & mid life crisis, cannons and crossdressing

Krististeph
05-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Here it comes. In another month- 30 year anniversary of going into the army.
Feeling my age here- 30 years ago, I was a baby!

It was a good experience, and probably better than most of the other choices I would have made. Funny though, that I managed to pick one of the last few MOS (jobs) that were closed to women. Field artillery forward observer. That, infantry, and the cannon crews were closed to females still.

Maybe it was a subconscious move to try to reject TG feelings? I would not have thought so then, nor do I now.

It was a move to get out of the house- and I never went back- except to visit. I remember seeing a few women in other sections of the service- thinking how cool it would be to be a chick in the army- all tomboy chic and that. What I would have given, not to get into Darcy’s pants- but to have been in them. Oh, I’m sure being female in the army had its downsides. Much as I had mine as a male. So it probably did not actually make that much difference- but the grass was surely greener on the other side.

I was on the small side- about 115# ( on days when the gravity was good ), and a fair amount of that was in the legs from bike racing- I looked more like 110#. Still, managed 1st overall out of basic- and all I could think was “if these guys ever knew they were beaten by a gay who would rather wear his sister’s wedding dress than camouflage fatigues…

I don’t think crossdressing will ever be accepted in our military- not in our lifetimes. Too bad. Some of the toughest hand to hand battles cops ever have is with CD streetwalkers- they do NOT want to be caught. Or at least it was this way 25 years ago.

CDs will stick up for themselves when cornered, kind of like a cross between mama bear and bull moose.

I get this short little vignette- a CD squad or platoon- breast forms and all- doing a raid on the enemy- calling in artillery with deadly precision- infantry blitzing in- all while crossdressed as much as reasonable given the combat scenario- what would the enemy think? This would not be psychological warfare, no, this would be more like a psychological bitchslap… “we were beaten by guys who like dressing as women?”

That’s right.

We are not females. The TS among us who transition completely, are not females. They have missed out on the events of growing up as a girl. Even those who did CD openly as a kid- they were different than females.

I don’t think it is a negative though- because we know what it is like to be male, we have an appreciation for the female side to a degree or vector that no genetic female can understand.

The constant questioning of who and what we are, and how we are going to fit in to the rest of the world, makes us different than any non-CD/TG male or female ever could be.

I still think it would have been fun to go into the army as a chick, though….

Sorry if this rambled- just a few thoughts in the late evening- distressing from working on my final project of the semester.

-kristi

Stephanie47
05-08-2012, 01:51 AM
You apparently have not read the articles concerning the number of women in the army who are sexually assaulted. The Department of Veterans Affairs Outreach Clinics have active program treating victims of sexual assault. Given the number of women I know,who have served in Iraq, there is nothing 'fun' about serving in the military. It is a serious job with real risks.

I still think it would have been fun to go into the army as a chick, though….

Sorry if this rambled- just a few thoughts in the late evening- distressing from working on my final project of the semester.

-kristi[/QUOTE]