PDA

View Full Version : coming out to others

Antoinette
05-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Lately I've been feeling very comfortable letting Ms.Antoinette run free and show herself to the world. For about 12 years I've kept my feminine side a secret. Until recently. I feel that I should just admitted it years ago and ease the pressure. But of course that was impossible for me. When I finally had the guts to tell my ex about it I felt everyone else I know and love should know. What's the big deal right? So I went on to tell my mother, brother, grandmother, friends, even co workers about Antoinette. (Most of them even saw her and loved her)

The way I see it, if we really want crossdressing to be accepted by others we have to let it out. What's the point if its kept a secret. Granted not everyone will be accepting but if we treat it as if its a problem then it'll remain as such to the rest of society. People shouldn't live to please society, live for yourselves, show the world who you are and make it known that there's absolutely nothing wrong with crossdressing. I believe that the majority of us are kind and respectable people and the people we know, hopefully, knows this. So with that said hopefully those who are afraid to come out, will face that fear and teach those who are ignorant to the idea that there's no harm in it.

Easier said than done, I know, but most definitely not impossible

Kate Simmons
05-09-2012, 07:50 AM
If we really have a pure and open heart it's hard for others not to like us regardless of what we look like Hon.:)

daviolin
05-09-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm with you girl. I did just that 3 years ago. My whole family knows of Daviolin. Its been an interesting move on my part. Now I have to get over the public thing. Because as you know there are a lot of weird people out there, that will never except us. Daviolin

kimdl93
05-09-2012, 08:58 AM
I agree with you Antionette. I've been pleasantly surprised at how kind, respectable, respectful and understanding people can be. I'm not as "out" as you are, but I've come a long way in the past year and it really hasn't been all that painful. And with each of us that comes out, we help tear down the negative stereotypes, at least for those in our circle of families and acquaintances.

JenniferR771
05-09-2012, 09:06 AM
You are so right. Coming out to friends and family, and the clerks at the store and my doctor and dentist--well its been interesting. No bad reactions. I would still like more support--and a bit of enthusiasm, though. But I am a very quiet girl--shy--you know.

Tina B.
05-09-2012, 10:17 AM
I glad it has work so well for so many, but for me, I will not risk the possible backlash of coming out to my kids, and risk them turning me off, and denying me access to my grandkids, I have a son that is a very Conservative person, and I don't believe he would accept this, and he would worry about it around his kids, and I just don't feel like the risk is worth the possible reward. It comes from having been raised by his mother, after our divorce, and I didn't see them that often because she moved away from where I lived and worked. Now I live in the same town with my oldest, and am trying to build a stronger relationship than we have had since his early childhood, and I'm not going to upset the apple cart. We all have are reasons for coming out, or not!
Tina B.

NicoleScott
05-09-2012, 11:50 AM
We all have are reasons for coming out, or not!

I'm with Tina, and my reasons are different. Antoinette, it took you 12 years to get to your position, even saying it was impossible for you to have done it sooner, and now you are encouraging everyone to come out. You came out when you decided the time was right, and everyone should make that decision for themselves. I'm happy for you that your coming out was positive, but it won't be that way for all. It's good to hear your success story, but it's important to hear the other side, too.

Antoinette
05-09-2012, 04:13 PM
I understand everyone have their reasons and are in various situations. I'm not trying to say it's simple and everyone will be amazed you told them. There's always a risk with whatever you do. I'm just trying to say that it shouldn't be kept a secret. 12 years ago I was 12 so it was still new to me. And I still didn't understand why I liked it. As I got older and began to understand the idea and felt comfortable with who I am is when it was time for people to know. Most of us I'm sure is at that stage of understanding ourselves. You're right about coming out when the time is right. I guess it's because I'm still young, not married and don't have kids that I could say this. I can't exactly relate to those who are married and have kids. I understand that it must be very difficult the longer you wait. I'm sorry if I came off naive.

ArleneRaquel
05-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Excellent thread Antoinette, thank you for posting.

Antoinette
05-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks love! I hope it all made sense, I tend to sometimes ramble and lose track when I type rather than speak it out lol.