PDA

View Full Version : Accepting Family Members

LeotardMan
05-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi,

I know some of us have lead the secret life of cross dressing and some of us have come out to family by getting busted or by choice. But I was wondering if most of your family has been accepting?
I got busted about three times by my mom and by the third time she knew and it did take her a while but she has gotten used to it and we now swap outfits.

Geoff

Kimberlyfaye
05-09-2012, 02:09 PM
I have been told I make quite a good girl. Somewhat convincing. Although I haven't come out to my family they say they have seen pictures. So I think they do know but might be afraid to say anything in case I or even they find things to be awkward.

So I guess maybe they are accepting of it if they do know :-/

Cheryl T
05-09-2012, 02:44 PM
The closest I came was after a Halloween party. My wife and I were visiting my parents and showed them the pics from the party. My mom said to my dad, "here look and see what your daughter would have looked like if we had had one"....
Little did they know....

Kate Simmons
05-09-2012, 02:48 PM
I kind of gave up trying. Most of my family doesn't know the difference between a twinset and a slingback and that's just the women.:heehee::)

Princess29
05-10-2012, 04:16 AM
I'm out to my sister (I tell her pretty much everything) and she is totally cool with it although melissa has basically been on hold for a while

DAVIDA
05-10-2012, 05:25 AM
Pretty much my whole family knows about me.:thumbsup:
Every one is supportive and loves me just the same as before they were told.:D
Some have seen me dressed and others haven't.

GinaMarie
05-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Only my mom knows, not even my older brother or his girlfriend. But my mom is comfortable with my dressing, just not around other people (i.e. my brother, his girlfriend, their friends). Earlier tonight, though, she wanted me to talk; thankfully it was about something else, not my crossdressing. I'm lucky I wasn't outed by anyone other than my mother.

Again, it's forbidden from discussion in front of the rest of my immediate household. Sooner or later they will find out...

Foxglove
05-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Nobody in my family knows about me. But they're all far, far away, so there's really no need for them to know. If they did know, how would they react? I've been kind of curious about that from time to time. And sometimes I've thought I might tell them just to shake things up a bit. My family is so normal and boring a bit of excitement might do them no harm. But I don't really think that's a good reason to tell, so I'm still keeping things under wraps.

Annabelle

PretzelGirl
05-10-2012, 10:23 AM
I am doing it gradually and have full acceptance to this point. My wife and two daughters know so far.

My two rules. I will only tell someone to their face because I want to be able to discuss it if necessary. A phone call can result in flight too easily. Plus it is important enough to be done in person. My son, brother, and sisters live all over the country and that is why they don't yet know.

Rule two? Mom doesn't get to know. Would she still love me? Of course. But she dramatizes everything, so I don't want to feed it. She lives across country so there just isn't a need to tell her.

terri_sandal
05-12-2012, 05:40 PM
My Mother caught me numerous times and thought I would grow out of it ....I didn't so she ended up accepting it to the point I could visit her dressed
Then I told my sister and she has been very acceping of it and we have been out a number of times with me dressed

Tina B.
05-12-2012, 06:12 PM
I got outed to my older brother, he asked me what it meant to be a transvestite, I told him, and it never came up again, I've told two wives, the first one didn't like it, that's why there is two of them. The second one has been the greatest supporter I could of asked for. The rest of the family, I've never felt the need to tell.
Tina B.

CarolineGG
05-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Nobody should out anyone, its your right to tell someone.

Shannon C.
05-12-2012, 06:25 PM
My parents caught me when I was younger and chalked it up to teenage exploration. Years later I told them what dressing means to me and that it was not just a curious teen exploring. I have started shaving my legs and they have not mentioned it. Just today my older brother saw me with shaved legs and commented about it. I told him that its a long story and that I will explain it all over a beer. My parents are accepting and love me regardless of what I do. I will see how my brother reacts when I tell him.... he can be closed minded about a lot of things but I hope for the best.

Lesley_Roberta
05-12-2012, 07:05 PM
You can't pick your family but you can pick your friends.

My mom knows I have serious problems, and that the person she generally sees during the day isn't really her son, but her son's female half. But my having a great long cry and telling her of my hell helped a lot, and her saying she loved me regardless was all I need. Dad is gone, and I am almost glad, as I would feel like a failure to him. He'd likely be like mom though. I have not as yet visited her looking anything other than her son though. She just knows if I could snap my fingers and make it so, she'd have another daughter instead.

I have no idea what brother and sister would think. Doubt my little sister wants an older sister, and doubt my older brother wants an additional little sister.
Then again, my family often surprises me with doing the thing I didn't think they would do. I'll be honest, I don't care what the in laws would say. They'd probably be very surprised I guess.

I am more or less established as the most likely to be the extrovert in the family. The most likely to be the oddest.

Brittany CD
05-12-2012, 09:17 PM
One of my cousins has helped me dress up. That's the only relative and person that knows