PDA

View Full Version : Cogiati?

April Lyn
05-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Hi All,
I was poking around the internet today and discovered the Cogiati test, I took it and came up with a score of 240. I was wondering if anyone else here has taken this test, and what my score really means.

- April :battingeyelashes:

NathalieX66
05-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Meaningless.
This test is not used by any licensed clinical therapist, counselor, or psychiatrist.
The fact that you like the color pink doesn't mean you are a girl.

GinaMarie
05-09-2012, 09:29 PM
I felt free to try it out, then I read the disclaimer of the test. It says:

The COGIATI, as it currently stands, is an amateur attempt, and cannot be considered as medically or scientifically valid. It is my hope that professionals will be inspired by this effort and create a true, clinically valid and useful tool that would accomplish the stated goals of the COGIATI. Something like the COGIATI needs to exist, and being unable to find it, I decided that it fell to me to attempt to create it. I am not fully capable of doing this concept justice. Be alert to that fact, and interpret the results of the COGIATI in that light.
As Nathalie said, it's "meaningless."

Debglam
05-09-2012, 10:42 PM
I wasn't trans until I took the test and saw the results! NOW look at me! :battingeyelashes:

Barbara Ella
05-09-2012, 10:48 PM
I took it a while back, came up barely androgynous, but as was said, Look at me now, working on it!

Barbara

docrobbysherry
05-09-2012, 11:20 PM
It said I was mostly ALL MAN! Good thing it didn't ask for Sherry's photo!

giuseppina
05-09-2012, 11:30 PM
COGIATI means precisely nothing. It may even do more harm than good by giving false test results.

The only gender testing that means anything is that performed by duly qualified and licensed experts.

April_Ligeia
05-10-2012, 12:16 AM
I tried the test and scored a -45, which is androgyne. I thought it was interesting, and fun. I'm not really surprised by my score, I am actually an androgyne.

amanda williams
05-10-2012, 04:32 AM
I just did this test and came up -150 Feminine Man,,,,it seems to me it was reasonably accurate as that is how I feel.

GinaMarie
05-10-2012, 05:35 AM
I tried the test and scored a -45, which is androgyne. I thought it was interesting, and fun. I'm not really surprised by my score, I am actually an androgyne.

I got -45 also. I did take the test once or twice before and got higher numbers but fell in the androgyne range. I guess that's how I am. Still, I interpret the results with a grain of salt.

whowhatwhen
05-10-2012, 07:52 AM
Meaningless.
This test is not used by any licensed clinical therapist, counselor, or psychiatrist.
The fact that you like the color pink doesn't mean you are a girl.

I thought the same thing, before finding this site I was looking for some online tests (I know) and it came up.
It wasn't long before I stopped taking it seriously since most either was plain stereotypical or made no sense.

StaceyJane
05-10-2012, 08:26 AM
I think the biggest problem is that it tries to put a number to something you really can't put a number to. The questions come from a couple of different books plus some she made up. As it has been said the author is a computer programmer and not a therapist or medical professional of any kind.
I can be fun to take but don't make major life decisions based on it.

Foxglove
05-10-2012, 09:14 AM
The only thing I found significant about the test was that I scored exactly 0. That seemed appropriate. But I'd go along with the others who say that the test is meaningless. One thing I noticed about the test was that you can score anything you want. It's generally pretty obvious how to answer the questions depending on what score you want to get.

Annabelle

sierra_g
05-10-2012, 10:03 AM
My results:
Your COGIATI result value is: 205 Which means that you fall within the following category: COGIATI classification FOUR, PROBABLE TRANSSEXUAL

A lot of this test is geared toward how female your developing brain was in school. This should not factor as much into it, I would think. I can definitely see the children's playtime being effected though.
I will bring it up to my therapist, but I'm not going to look into it too much. I hate internet tests.

kimdl93
05-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Its been said before, but this particular "test" is entirely subjective and unvalidated. There's a distinct probability that it will give you the answers you want.

sierra_g
05-10-2012, 11:24 AM
You can definitely swing this test to what you want it to say. The answers are very pointed. I am sure if I wanted to, I could make it tell me I am a macho man, or that I am a girly girl. It wouldn't be hard.