PDA

View Full Version : today in target

Princess29
05-10-2012, 03:55 AM
I met up with my mother and sister today at a Target store and I went in the checkout line with mum while my sister went off and did some other stuff. Mum was getting some toys and a shirt for herself and I was the one doing the carrying.
While in the line, mum had to go back to pick up her shopping list that she had dropped and left me to pay for the two items.
When she handed me the shirt and the money, she said "I wonder what they'll say when they see you buying that shirt?"
I wasnt phased in the slightest of course and I believe I said to mum (I meant to say it but am not sure if I actually did) "its just clothes"

Melissa

Jamie24
05-10-2012, 05:59 AM
In most stores, the clerks see all kinds of things, they just want the purchase to go smooth. It is their daily job and the less hassle the better.

Princess29
05-10-2012, 06:01 AM
I've bought stuff from target before so I wasnt worried. What made this more unusual was mum was with me who doesnt know about my little hobby

GinaMarie
05-10-2012, 06:08 AM
I agree with Jamie. The clerks don't like hassling with their customers, or at least that's what it's like here. The ones at my Sears and Walmart don't give me any weird looks but at times I do get uncomfortable holding my mom's shirts or whatever she gets from either store. It's almost always my own clothes I carry when I shop.

Edit:
Oh, it's worse if you're shopping with someone who doesn't know about your "little hobby." That would make me feel worse.

DAVIDA
05-10-2012, 06:10 AM
When I go shopping with my mother, she has her buggy with her clothes and I have my buggy with mine.:D
I couldn't care less what the clerk thinks.:brolleyes:

Cynthia Anne
05-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Kinda reminds me of way back when I bought my first bra! Didn't know if I'd be shot, kicked out or what! NOTHING happened! Hugs!

Sarah Doepner
05-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Since my wife is sick much of the time I do all the grocery and sundry shopping. I show up in the checkout with a full variety of feminine products and the checkers are only concerned that I use my savers club card. The same goes for just about any other store we go to. She shops while she has energy and I take everything to the checkout and pay while she sits somewhere and rests. They are concerned that I am organized enough that they don't miss their break while I fuss with things, but that's about it.

Stephanie47
05-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Yesterday I was in Sears. I wanted to look at a maxi dress in purples and blacks because the Sears website stated it was 59 inches long. Now I'm 72 inches long! Doing a little subtraction for the area above the shoulders, I figured the maxi dress was ideal for a tall woman, like Stephanie. Well, it fit nicely and hits just above the top of the foot. It will go nicely when I wear it tomorrow with a pair of heels and black hosiery. And, that purple bra I got last week. The sales associate ringing it up did not blink. She only wanted to know if I wanted to open a Sears charge account. Heck, once I even had to pickup feminine hygiene products for my wife. If I wasn't a cross dresser, I wouldn't have touched that package at all. There is nothing embarrassing about buying women's clothing.

EllieOPKS
05-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Several years ago I was in a dept store and purchased a very sexy gown and panties for my wife for our anniversary. The clerk commented that it was very pretty. I commented back "I bought for her but she won't be in it long. Its really more for me" and smiled. She turned 4 shades of red and we both laughed. This was before I decided to start wearing women's clothes.

Beverley Sims
05-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Any comment made by the checkout staff is always turned into a positive by me.
The best one was a plumbers mate.. A suction cup on a stick.
"You can cause trouble with that" my answer was. "It is part of my research into a new breast development project".:)

SANDRA MICHELLE
05-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Went shopping enfemme yesterday and selected a top, bra and two waist cinchers to try on, the sales girl asked how many items and I told her four so she gave me a card with a 4 on it and I went in to try on the items. Cheaply made bra, got sent back, top was bought and one waist cincher. When I came out I handed her the returns and she said "thank you". I was wearing a cute top and a short skirt with a pair of heels I had just purchased at Payless shoes, and keep in mind I do not easily pass so she knew I was a male dressed en femme, she didn't seem to care and neither did I.

Princess29
05-10-2012, 07:05 PM
as I said, it was only unusual because mum was with me and she doesnt know about melissa. I have bought girl stuff before from that particular target and many other stores

NathalieX66
05-10-2012, 07:37 PM
I love shopping at Target. :)
Surely, from your first post, your mum must suspect or know something about you, or otherwise she wouldn't have said what she said.

Honestly, if I'm shopping for women's clothes, I prefer to do it en femme.....mainly because I no longer feel that others suspect if I was walking through the bra section while as a guy, but when I'm dressed as female, people know I mean business. I do it both ways.

Sheren Kelly
05-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Melissa,
Just be glad you weren't at your favorite woman's botique.
Imagine your Mum's reaction if the clerk asked if you wanted to put these items on YOUR account!

Barbara Ella
05-10-2012, 08:52 PM
The things Mums say. If onlly they knew. And it all comes down to "its just clothes." And it really is..

Barbara

Princess29
05-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Melissa,
Just be glad you weren't at your favorite woman's botique.
Imagine your Mum's reaction if the clerk asked if you wanted to put these items on YOUR account!

Very good Kelly, that would certainly have been awkward

Jilmac
05-10-2012, 09:45 PM
My sister is a cashier at a target store and she's seen it all, nothing surprises her or any of the other cashiers.

Janine cd
05-11-2012, 10:15 PM
I have never hesitated to buy any feminine things even when they appeared to be closer to my size than a normal sized female.
I often buy feminine deodorant products and shaving things and have never experienced as much as a surprised look.

KimberlyJean
05-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Honestly, if I'm shopping for women's clothes, I prefer to do it en femme.....mainly because I no longer feel that others suspect if I was walking through the bra section while as a guy, but when I'm dressed as female, people know I mean business. I do it both ways.

I too prefer shopping en femme, I am more comfortable and feel like I belong there. I have been shopping for years but when I am not dressed I feel like I shouldn't touch things or pick them up and like someone is always watching me. En femme it seems they just let you go about your buisness while you touch everything.

Tasha_Yar
05-12-2012, 04:24 PM
The only time a clerk every questioned me was in Lane Bryant. I picked out a 42H bra and she said it was way too large for my chest. I was about a 32 D with the forms I had on. I was wearing a stretchy little top, so you could see everything. I told her I had new, huge forms and needed an H cup. She said WOW, and asked if I was going to try it on. I said yes, since I had my forms with me in a shopping bag.

It fit perfectly, so I took off the tag, kept it on with my new forms and walked out. She couldn't believe it, and said she had never seen boobs that big. I paid for it, and we chatted for a while about breast sizes (She was pretty well built, by the way) and what kinds of Bras I liked. She enjoyed it and so did I. Her parting comment was: "I sure with I could just choose my breast size whenever I wanted to."

RADER
05-12-2012, 08:10 PM
About the only thing I am ever asked is "Cash Or Charge"
It is all about the money; Not what you are buying.
Ont thing that really gets me is that when the bar code does not ring up the cost.
Then someone has to go find the price. I tell the SA, Hay if you do not want to sell me that,
I do not have to buy it. So leave it, I will go somewhere else where they are willing to sell it
and buy it there.
Rader

TatianaJames
05-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Went shopping enfemme yesterday and selected a top, bra and two waist cinchers to try on, the sales girl asked how many items and I told her four so she gave me a card with a 4 on it and I went in to try on the items. Cheaply made bra, got sent back, top was bought and one waist cincher. When I came out I handed her the returns and she said "thank you". I was wearing a cute top and a short skirt with a pair of heels I had just purchased at Payless shoes, and keep in mind I do not easily pass so she knew I was a male dressed en femme, she didn't seem to care and neither did I.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE CAREFUL! Your time out en femme is rather dangerous since you admit you dont pass. Im glad you're ok but you're being a little too foolish. Just saying.

With that being said, when I first started dressing I would simply walk in go strait to pay with a casual attitude and never got hassled or rude emotions from cashiers. Being natural doesnt only apply to being out en femme, it also applies to being in male mode buying bras and panties. Laugh, smile and joke with the person ringing up your items!

rachel_rachel
05-12-2012, 10:14 PM
I've bought shoes from target before and the lady at the counter actually asked me if i needed any extra height... To which i replied 'yep'

I buy a fair bit from that particular store actually.

Jennie the CD
05-13-2012, 10:02 AM
I'd say 99.9% of the time the sales clerks just want the sale to go smoothly-no decined credit cards, no "let me speak to your manager" moments. I don't think any of them are interested in yelling out "Male crossdresser here, in Isle 9!!! Come see the show, the guy is buying size 12 shoes and a floral print sundress!!!!" It just isn't worth it for 8 bucks an hour :) Especially the folks in the big box stores like Target and Walmart. They simply are there to ring ya up, pass the time, and go hom.

However, I DO like the looks I receive when some of the SA's realize my Veet, lipliner, pink razor and new white thin watch are for me :)

Beverley Sims
05-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Like others here I prefer to shop en femme.
I went into a store the other day in drab and felt weird and out of place because I wanted to feel the panties and bras for texture and quality.
As a girl I can just go for it, look for the right size and style, but in drab "Can I help you sir?" I used to not care but now I prefer to go dressed for the occasion.
I feel much better then.
To answer the question....
No one notices me unless I am in drab with a pair of bras and other clothing draped over my arm.