PDA

View Full Version : New expierence

Kathy4ever
05-10-2012, 05:27 AM
So I went to walmart to get my wifes prescription filled. I'm wearing my capris and womans tank with a silky overlay shirt and a light nude lipstick. As I hand her the prescription she starts asking me the usual questions. It was not the questions that puzzled me but how she asked them. The way she asked them was as if I was my wife. I thought it was amusing and an honor. I thought she was professional and did not make any unusal facial expressions. Maybe I read into it to much but to think I was my wifes name was amazing. Has thi ever happeed to anyone else or am I having wishfull thinking.

LeannL
05-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Kathy,
Your experience could come from a number of circumstances. You don't mention things like how much of a beard shadow you normally have so I will assume none. First, you could really look like a woman and your feminine mannerisms are giving the secondary clues that you are a woman. Alternatively, the pharmacist could have been unable to tell one way or another and, given the name on the prescription, treated you as a woman. Lastly, she could have totally read you but knew that the proper way to treat you was to treat you as a woman. No matter why she did treat you that way, the good thing is that you were treated properly :)

Leann

Joanna41
05-10-2012, 07:06 AM
I agree with Leann on this one...

Joanna

Cynthia Anne
05-10-2012, 08:17 AM
One thing for sure Kathy you were treated corectly! Enjoy the compliment and keep smiling for it sure looks good on you! Hugs!

Kathy4ever
05-11-2012, 05:02 AM
It did make me feel great even if it was in my head. My wifes name cannot be mistaken for a mans name at all. The questions and how she asked them werer as they were for me. Maybe she thought I was having SSR or something. When ever I've taken a prescription they will ask the questions of my spouse. My inner feelings were very happy and i was grinning ear to ear.

One thing for sure Kathy you were treated corectly! Enjoy the compliment and keep smiling for it sure looks good on you! Hugs!

Claire Cook
05-11-2012, 05:50 AM
It did make me feel great even if it was in my head. My wifes name cannot be mistaken for a mans name at all. The questions and how she asked them werer as they were for me. Maybe she thought I was having SSR or something. When ever I've taken a prescription they will ask the questions of my spouse. My inner feelings were very happy and i was grinning ear to ear.

That's wonderful Kathy -- must have brought both inner and outer smiles.

Barbara Ella
05-11-2012, 02:14 PM
What a wonderful experience to be treated professionally and non questionongly (a word?) Your presentation and carriage and confidence certainly sold the package. You deserve to be smiling and happy after this. What did your wife think about this?

Barbara

Kathy4ever
05-12-2012, 04:23 AM
I decided not to tell her about the interactions. I do not want to push any hot buttons with her if I can. I don't think she would like it or she might laugh at it. It would be interesting but I rather not throw that ballon out. Thank you for the kind words.
What a wonderful experience to be treated professionally and non questionongly (a word?) Your presentation and carriage and confidence certainly sold the package. You deserve to be smiling and happy after this. What did your wife think about this?

Barbara

Nicole Erin
05-12-2012, 04:29 AM
These days it is hard to know if one of us were "passing" cause of how someone treats us.
We cannot really ask them, "by the way, did you know..."
I like to think that even if not so-called "passing" then maybe people are actually getting more polite about how to treat us.

Kathy4ever
05-13-2012, 04:23 AM
I must be giving some clues out that there is a fem me. My neighbor was over the other day with a friend and last night I found out her friend asked if I was gay, because of the way i dressed and walked. This happened on the same day as the prescription fill happened. Since she knew I was a man and I guess the obvious question is he gay. Of course she told her no. So I guess with more practice the maybe the true me will really show out.
Kathy,
Your experience could come from a number of circumstances. You don't mention things like how much of a beard shadow you normally have so I will assume none. First, you could really look like a woman and your feminine mannerisms are giving the secondary clues that you are a woman. Alternatively, the pharmacist could have been unable to tell one way or another and, given the name on the prescription, treated you as a woman. Lastly, she could have totally read you but knew that the proper way to treat you was to treat you as a woman. No matter why she did treat you that way, the good thing is that you were treated properly :)

Leann

Kathy4ever
05-13-2012, 04:32 AM
It would be nice if everyone accepted but we know better and that there are a lot of narrow minded people out there. I think a lot of people have learned to keep there opions to there selves. I'm not sure if I get funny looks or not. I just go about my business and try not to worry about what others might think. I think we can draw attention when are looking around and over our shoulders worring to much. I say just enjoy the moment and the world will not come to and end if someone points or laughs or whatever ignorant behavior they may have.
These days it is hard to know if one of us were "passing" cause of how someone treats us.
We cannot really ask them, "by the way, did you know..."
I like to think that even if not so-called "passing" then maybe people are actually getting more polite about how to treat us.

Leanne2
05-13-2012, 06:29 AM
My MIL lived with us the last 6 months of her life. Often my wife would ask me to pick up a prescription for her mother. I was 20 years younger than her but being overweight causes me to look like an older woman. When it's my turn I simply say my MIL's name. When the prescription is found they ask: birth date? After I give that and pay, the pharmacy tech would hand me the script and say," Thank you Debbie." I would smile and thank them back. There is your sign that you just passed. Leanne