PDA

View Full Version : Found out something interesting today

StaceyJane
05-10-2012, 08:21 AM
This morning at work on of my co-workers mentioned that her step brother was a professional drag queen. She said she had been to some of his show and showed us a picture of him in drab and in drag.
I was a bit surprised by this but the reaction of everyone seemed okay.

I do think I look much better than her brother en femme.

Kate Simmons
05-10-2012, 09:22 AM
I think you probably do also. Same old story Hon. Everyone(including so called straight folks) goes "ga-ga" over drag queens but many think crossdressers are abnormal. Mr. Spock would have a problem with that kind of logic.:)

Foxglove
05-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Everyone(including so called straight folks) goes "ga-ga" over drag queens but many think crossdressers are abnormal.

Maybe because they think that for drag queens it's just a game, so nobody has to take it seriously. But it's not a game for us, and so we make them take it seriously, and a lot of them resist that.

kimdl93
05-10-2012, 10:53 AM
It is a small world after all. I wonder how many degrees of separation there are between one of us and the nearest CDr that we don't know about.

Beverley Sims
05-10-2012, 10:54 AM
I attended a birthday party once dressed as a joke, posing as the long lost girlfriend of the host.
It was a blast and every body thought it was a great stunt. I looked very convincing. After mixing with the rest of the crowd including helping the ladies serve supper and socializing in their group some of the males gradually weirded out and were uncomfortable talking to me.
My observation, drag queen or impersonator joke is permissable but being remaining a lady in the group changes things.
The women were supportive with it all along and were surprised by some of the male oppsition.

Stephanie47
05-10-2012, 11:06 AM
I think the general public views drag queen shows as pure entertainment. It provides the general public the opportunity to explore cross dressing without rendering a negative opinion. I do not recall anyone being forced to pay a coverage charge and sit through a show. Now take the same flamboyant drag queen and put him on the main "drag" at 11:00 PM and see what the general public thinks.

Beverley, I think some of the males who were uncomfortable with your attire are probably homophobic. You invaded their comfort zone. Although, I'd wager some of them would have danced with you at a different venue!

RADER
05-10-2012, 04:21 PM
I feel that men look at women for a mate or sexual desire; now when they see a man dressed as a woman
and looking real nice, something goes off in their head that when they undress you with their eyes, they
are going to find something way different that what they where looking for.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Rader