PDA

View Full Version : First time out, any suggestions

Erica Marie
05-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Hi girls. Well I finally made the decision after almost 27 years of dressing to take the next real step and go out dressed. It may be just for a drive or a walk some place safe, but I think its time.
I was just hoping for any suggestions that you may have to make it more fun, to calm my nerves and of course any safety concerns I may need to have. Ill be out of my home town so it should be a little easier knowing I wont be running into friends and family.
How did your first time out go?

Thanx
Mellissa

VickysBFF
05-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Hi Melissa: The one suggestion I would offer is to visit a professional to have your hair and makeup done. I don't necessarily mean a transformation service, but simply a regular esthetician who does hair and makeup. I did this before my first outing and it helped me to know that my look (at least hair and makeup) were done as professionally as possible.
Also, if you have a GG friend who might accompany you that would be helpful as well.
Best of luck to you; I hope that you have a great day!

sierra_g
05-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I haven't been out yet myself, but just remember you will be presenting as a female. Expect to be treated as such. Enable girl safety mode. Don't go places where you are totally alone, don't go to the atm and wave your money around, and don't make yourself a target.
Also, don't go nuts if someone uses the wrong pronoun, and decide before you go what you are going to do about the restroom situation. Definitely go before you leave.
Lastly, relax and stay that way. 99% of people don't care or don't notice. If you are going to start conversations with people, they may pick up on something, but from what I've seen, here and out in the real world, when talking to a CD or TS, most won't let on that they know.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes! Have a great time!

Bobbie S
05-10-2012, 02:33 PM
For the nerves,Try vodka.

Leila Be
05-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Good for you! Your courage and the advice from the gals is real inspiration! Haven't ventured out myself, not yet anyways. Good luck!

Karren H
05-10-2012, 03:07 PM
My first was in Price Utah... Almosy 10 years ago. I went to the door 20 times and finally flung it open and went out. Was like a mix of pure terror and pure exhilaration. Thought I was going to faint before I got to the car. Took a drive and went to Walmart... Only thing open... Hell only thing in Price for that matter. Walked up to the store and bought a soda at the machine. Don't know what the locals thought but I was sure that they'd all seen a tall girl in a leather skirt in the dead of winter before! Lmao... God was it cold.

Connie D50
05-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Mellissa Just have fun whatever you do Connie

JessHaust
05-10-2012, 04:55 PM
my first time out was to the movie theater. Was scared to death just getting out of the car, but as I realized that people were far more interested in themselves than me, the fear slowly went away. It is said here all the time and is completely true, that we are our own harshest critics. Relax and let yourself enjoy wherever you decide to go.

sierra_g
05-10-2012, 08:13 PM
When I lived in Phoenix, there was a burger place near my work that I used to frequent every once in a while. One day, I went in and at the counter was a TS working behind the counter. She was big. Not fat, just large and wide. She looked like a pro body builder that was completely untoned. Very manly. She also had about C-Cup breasts. Not a form or anything, they were "real", silicone, but they were hers. She wasn't wearing any makeup except for some lip gloss, and her face had scars all over it, like she was at the wrong end of a knife fight. This was a rough part of town, and there were all sorts of questionable characters through the place. They ranged from about 16 or 17 to about 40. Meth heads, gang bangers, etc. What I noticed though is that every single one of them called the girl as Ma'am, Miss, said thank you, smiled, etc. Not a single person in there gave a rats patootie as long as they got their burgers. Me being a little bit of a CD and raver at the time, probably cared more about her than anyone else in the place.
You will do just fine. I wouldn't worry a bit.

Enjoy your night.
Good luck!

Vanessa Storrs
05-10-2012, 08:20 PM
If you're not totally terrified the first time out you are not normal. Going out is great fun and it gets easier and easier each time you go out. Pull up your big girl panties take a deep breath and head out the door.

Cindi Johnson
05-10-2012, 08:32 PM
You'd best stay clear of Mitt.

Erica Marie
05-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Well this is just a follow up on my last two threads. I broke new ground yesterday as Mellissa. My first time out in the real world. And honest I wasnt near as nervous as I was getting there. Of course it was just a few rides through the city, and a brief walk outside in a parking lot, none the less it was my break out moment. I know now it is truly a part of who I am and what the future can hold. I do still need to work on the fine points of hair and make up, but that will come with time. If you want to see more, I hope to post a few pics in the gallery later. Check them out and I will accept all criticism or helpful hints.

Jenniferathome
05-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Good for you Mellissa! Not nearly a scary as it was in your head, right?

SANDRA MICHELLE
05-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Good for you, glad it went well and hope to hear of many more Mellissa exploits!!!!

Kaz
05-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Well done Melissa! This is where the story really starts... as they say! There is no other feeling than being 'out'... xx

rachaelsloane
05-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Congrats on going out for the first time. I can relate to the walking across the parking lot on my first time out.

Bree Wagner
05-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Congratulations Mellissa! My experiences have been similar that it's far scarier beforehand compared to when you're actually out.

Enjoy all your future adventures!

-Bree