PDA

View Full Version : An update and a breakthrough

Sophora
05-10-2012, 11:21 PM
I have now been on HRT for two months and 2 days. I felt somewhat different in some areas(I am more emotional, my sex drive is lessened, my orgasm is more pronounced, my body and facial hair is taking longer to grow, and my skin feel smoother and softer). I have no real breast development(my nipples are not bigger although I do have to watch what I bump into as they hurt if I run them into stuff) and it is starting to depress me. I am getting jealous at all of you girls that are saying "3 weeks in and nipples are bigger and more sensitive." Must be great to have your doctor, mine is playing it safe and letting me get used to the hormones before upping them(going to have a nice talk with her my next visit).

However, I did have a break though at my therapy session. It seems that my low self-esteem issues is a direct result of my gender issues. Now to work on that front and my self-esteem should be better.

oh yeah, the pic in my avatar is a day old. I look better at least.

christinac
05-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Don't get discouraged everyone's body chemistry and etc. is different and thus everyone's results are different also. Some people naturally because of their unique body chemistry is going to develop faster or slower than others.

Kristy_K
05-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Don't get discouraged everyone's body chemistry and etc. is different and thus everyone's results are different also. Some people naturally because of their unique body chemistry is going to develop faster or slower than others.

I would totally agree with that .

CharleneT
05-11-2012, 03:46 AM
There are some who exaggerate a bit about the what and when of early changes. Remember that your growth is not going to be any faster than a natal woman's ;) Patience is a virtue with HRT !! Your description sounds like the normal process for sure, congrats :D

p.s. if your facial hair is affected at all, consider yourself very lucky indeed. usually there is little or no change to it...

Aprilrain
05-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Ive been on hormones 16 months and I am still a card carrying member of the itty bitty titty comity. most of us need BA to really get the size that is proportionate to our bodies.

jeri1973
05-11-2012, 07:11 AM
I didn't mean to discourage anyone with my post yesterday. It was just that I was so excited to be seeing some changes that I had to share. You stated that your hair has been effected already....LUCKY YOU. I still have to shave everything every day.

Also, my Dr put me on a heavy dosage of E and spiro from the start.

Hang in there, we are on the same path and need to encourage one another.

Jeri

Julia_in_Pa
05-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Hi Sophora,

It's great to hear that things are going so well for you.
I have had doctor's in the past attempt to be conservative to the point of absurdity concerning dosage amounts.
Tell the doctor that she either prescribes a dosage that is considered normal for starting regimes or you will supplement the current script amount with HRT purchased online.
Strong arming worked for me and it could work for you as well.

Julia

MC-lite
05-11-2012, 08:16 AM
@Sophora: HRT is -very- dangerous! In the beginning, the doctors start you off with a low dose of T blockers so that they can determine if there are any side effects. Then, they ramp up the dosage. Your schedule is between you and your doctor, but I'll say that my t blockers were doubled at the 6 month mark, because my doctor saw that I wasn't having any adverse effects. (i.e. liver panel was good, potassium levels were normal, etc.)

Two months is -not- a lot of time to be on HRT. I know that you want this to happen overnight (I know I did. :) ) but nature -will- and -does- take its' course. My breasts started to develop after about 3 months.

Julia is right. Talk to your doctor and get an idea what He/She is doing. If you know what the plan is, you won't second guess and possibly hurt yourself.

Best of luck,
:Miki.

Sophora
05-11-2012, 12:47 PM
I didn't mean to discourage anyone with my post yesterday. It was just that I was so excited to be seeing some changes that I had to share. You stated that your hair has been effected already....LUCKY YOU. I still have to shave everything every day.

Sorry, I didn't mean that I am discouraged only Jealous. I still shave every day I hate facial hair on me however it is becoming less and less as the weeks past.

Jorja
05-11-2012, 01:29 PM
As already mentioned, your genetic makeup and age will determine how well HRT will work. It doesn't happen over night. Patience is a virtue or a curse depends on how you look at it. ;)

RachelOKC
05-11-2012, 03:30 PM
What do you mean it doesn't happen over night??? It's already been a week for me and I was promised boobs! Yeah....right... :D Patience my young padawan, patience.

So far I've seen a couple side effects including minor nausea and some possible counteraction with my antidepressant (which I'd certainly rather not have). I understand that these are common with spiro though. We'll see what happens next.