PDA

View Full Version : "Just close your eyes a little, I don't want cut off those pretty eyelashes"

rocketscientist
05-11-2012, 09:19 PM
This is what I heard today from the nice lady who cut my hair today. After work today I decided I would get a haircut. After she had finished cutting my hair she took her small comb and clippers and stated trimming my eyebrows. That is when she said this to me. Has anyone ever had a similar incident? Just thought it was amusing and I would share. Hugs, Tonya:battingeyelashes:

JenniferR771
05-11-2012, 10:22 PM
I never hear that sentence, Tonya. However my haircut girl knows all about me, as does her husband who just retired and hangs around their one-girl shop. She usually trims my eyebrows just a bit to get rid of any stragglies.
Find a small very friendly shop--and out yourself. If it goes badly, find a different shop.

True, she gave me a makeover years ago, and did my hair up in rollers. I dressed in my green suit in her back room and went...of course...shopping.

SANDRA MICHELLE
05-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Sounds like a good compliment, maybe she saw the remnants of mascara from your night out on the town????

rocketscientist
05-12-2012, 12:14 PM
I doubt she saw some mascara, since the last time I wore some was over a week ago. Methinks that lash lengthening mascara might be working!

Helen Grandeis
05-12-2012, 12:21 PM
I go to a 100% male, 1950s style small town barber shop where the second amendment is king and antlers are on the wall. Both barbers trim (shorten) my eyebrows with every haircut. They are not are holders of my secret. I have never worn eye makeup.

Beverley Sims
05-12-2012, 12:25 PM
When my MANLY eyebrows get a little shaggy my barber shapes them up as well.
"Don't flutter those eylashes at me my daughter would kill to have a set like that."
I do have long eyelashes and mascara makes them even loonnger!!! They have a great curl too.:)