PDA

View Full Version : Pierced ears?

JessHaust
05-11-2012, 11:33 PM
The thread about changing earings makes me wonder how many of us have pierced ears?
I pierced my laft ear in the early '80's. The saying then was 'left is right, right is wrong!' and have kept it pierced all this time by putting in a ring from time to time.
Now last year when I decided enough was enough and I was going to do he whole dressing thing, i wanted two pierced ears, not just one. So i pierced the other, worried at first what people would say, after all its not something that is easily hidden. I did it anyway and have not gotten a single comment in the last 9 months i have had it done. I started noticing that many men have pierced ears, some with what I consider the awfull 'gages', where they have streched their earlobes out.
But just about everywhere you go you will see men of all ages with pierced ears.
Anyway, how about he rest of you?

RachaelInLv
05-11-2012, 11:50 PM
I have both pierced . have never had anyone even give it a second glance

Rachael

AllieSF
05-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Both ears pierced for the last 3+ years. Daughter and son still don't like it. I do and I am the only one in this situation that really counts.

Diane Lynn
05-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Just clip earrings for me. SO will not allow me to get them pierced.

Vanessa Storrs
05-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Several in each ear, from the lobe all the way around. I'm sure that most people notice but very few comment. Of the comments I get most are from women complimenting me.

Melody Phillips
05-12-2012, 01:49 AM
Both of mine are pierced. I had them done at Claire's. Everybody seems to have pierced ears nowadays. I haven't had a single strange glance or negative comment. It wouldn't matter if they did. I love my pierced ears.

Sara Jean
05-12-2012, 01:56 AM
i had mine done in aug of 2010 just one in each ear. only comments i ever really got were teasingly made

natacsha
05-12-2012, 01:57 AM
I have 3 holes 2 bottom and one upper left. I had them pierced when I was around 15. Earings definitely add the final touches to the complete look.

Nichola
05-12-2012, 02:04 AM
I have both ears pierced but only ever wear earrings in girl mode now, the holes are so small you can hardly see them.:)

I had them pierced when I was about 20. I had the left pierced first then the right a few weeks later. I took a load of grief from the older guys at work, but it blew over after a while.

paulaloha
05-12-2012, 02:10 AM
I haven't pierced mine yet. But I am getting really close to having both of mine pierced. I would LOVE to be able to wear earrings, especially without the limited styles you can get in clip on.

Joanne f
05-12-2012, 02:23 AM
I have 3 in each ear as well , always keep at least 2 in each ear ,had them for years, only ever had two comments, one was from a friends daughter who asked ," Why have you 2 earrings in" I replied , " Because I have 2 holes" and the other one was from a Pharmacist who noticed I had 3 studs in my right ear and commented , " You have 3 studs in your right ear" so I turned around and said, " Yes and 3 in the left ear " and she just smiled, and you are right it is very common to see men with their ears pierced now and more with each ear pierced rather than just one.

janet54
05-12-2012, 02:25 AM
I have 2 in each ear and one in my nose

Rianna Humble
05-12-2012, 02:45 AM
I had both ears pierced a couple of months or so before starting my RLE - now I'm firm friends with the girls in the piercing studio. They are such great fun.

Andrea Renea
05-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Mine have been pierced since 2005. I wear studs and small hoops in male mode. Large hoops and dangly ones in girly mode.

Cherry Lynn
05-12-2012, 06:05 AM
I had both ears pierced over a year ago. I wear diamond studs and small hoops with diamonds in male mode and have some 1 3/8" diameter plain gold hoops I have only worn when enfemme.

Cheryl T
05-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Both are double pierced and have been for about 8 years.
Diamond studs in the uppers at all times unless they need cleaning and small hoops in the lowers en drab and anything goes en femme.
I love my earrings and just wish I hadn't waited almost all my life to get them pierced.

IngeInCO
05-12-2012, 08:57 AM
I haven't pierced mine yet. But I am getting really close to having both of mine pierced. I would LOVE to be able to wear earrings, especially without the limited styles you can get in clip on.

Me too! I am a bit worried what people might say if the noticed the hole when in boy mode

Juliana Hart
05-12-2012, 09:10 AM
I have three holes in each ear and the only comments I have ever had were from women, and they usually say...your ears are pierced. And I reply with, pretty cool isn't it!

Erica Marie
05-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Hi Jess, I was thinking the same thing last night. I had my left ear pierced (twice actually) since the mid '80s. Last night was my first night out in the real world and I picked up an awesome set of hoop earings, I love the way they look, but now only one ear. I was considering getting the other one pierced but so nervous what people would think. I think you helped my decision. Thanks

Danille
05-12-2012, 10:06 AM
I'd love to have both ears (and my belly button) pierced. BUT, my background (and some what related current) occupation prohibits "no identifying marks". No body art (ie unit tattos, or any tattos) at all. The scars are enough to ID me. The "gauges" men put in their ears just grosses me out.

Kaz
05-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi Jess... yeah me too. Had my left one done back in the early 80s but want to do the 'set'.. it is my plan this summer to do it (will have some good time away from the office)...

April_Ligeia
05-12-2012, 10:34 AM
I have zero gauge plugs in both ears, they are actually more comfortable that the typical 18 or 20 gauge earrings (they all come in gauges, that's just a measurement of diameter). They aren't awful at all.i also have a 14 gauge labret as you can see in my avatar and a 14 gauge tongue stud that you can't see.

Karinsamatha
05-12-2012, 10:52 AM
I just got mine done last night :). Just wish I did it sooner!

Tracii G
05-12-2012, 11:27 AM
I so need to get it done.

Barbara Jo
05-12-2012, 11:29 AM
I was just watching a "Holmes on Homes" on television. It is a series about a well known and highly respected building/remoderling contractor, John Holmes.... from Canada I believe. He is very macho, married with 2 kids, and works in the building trade of course.

He also routinely wears diamond studs in both ears!
So, it has become main stream.

I also worked in a blue collar environment (now retired) and when I go mine pierced almost 10 years ago, no one made any derogatory comments.

BTW, Personally, I could never understand piercing just one ear.
IMO, if you are going to to pierce one ear, why not just do both?
Besides, just one earing looks unbalance to me.

JackieInPA
05-12-2012, 11:35 AM
I have 2 in each ears and wear studs or hoops all the time in both holes. Only ever gotten one comment from a little girl who said "you have earring on!" i told her I'v had them every time youve seen me" she was like "oh ok" that was it. Thinking of getting the top of one of my ears pierced, but not sure which one is usually dont left or right.

Stephanie-L
05-12-2012, 01:51 PM
I got mine done for my birthday last year, and have become something of an earring fanatic. I have gotten a few comments at work, all of them joking, of course they also comment on my manicure and my hair getting longer. In about 18 months they will understand why. My wife doesn't want me wearing any that she didn't buy me (only 2 pairs), so when I want something different I change in the car. Mostly various studs in drab, but I several pairs of dangles for en femme, actually I usually get a new pair for each new outfit I get, got to love Charming Charlie's...........Stephanie

~Joanne~
05-12-2012, 02:21 PM
I use clip ons, I am not fond of them but I am just not "there" yet to get them pierced. There is a guy at work that has both done and wears diamond studs and no one says a work about them. Maybe I should ask him about them someday.

Barbara Jo
05-12-2012, 03:35 PM
I use clip ons, I am not fond of them but I am just not "there" yet to get them pierced. There is a guy at work that has both done and wears diamond studs and no one says a work about them. Maybe I should ask him about them someday.

If no one says anything about them, why not just get yours pierced?

Sandra1746
05-12-2012, 03:43 PM
I had my ears pierced for my 65-th birthday last year. I always wear some sort of earring, regardless attire. Sometimes a simple CZ-stud, clear or colored, and other times a hoop, dangle or something more fancy. I like them and nobody has made any negative comments.

I wish I would have done it earlier but my profession was not favorable to that sort of look. Retirement equals freedom.

Enjoy life,
Sandra1746

Rachel Morley
05-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Yep, me too. I have both ears pierced and have had them this way for about the last 15 years. I usually wear gold studs in boy mode.

ArleneRaquel
05-12-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm too much of a sissy to have any part of my body pierced.

Miriam-J
05-12-2012, 04:34 PM
As I mentioned in that 'other thread' Jess mentioned, I have both ears pierced and wear gold diamond studs most days and share my wife's earring collection (with her blessing) when dressing en femme. I got them done about a year and a half ago and was very afraid of what others at work would say, but really got very few comments - and nothing negative. I'm still usually the only male over 40 with pierced ears in a room, especially at work, but I don't even think about it anymore. I'll take them out for travel to certain countries I'll be visiting later this year (North Africa).

Miriam

rocketscientist
05-12-2012, 04:59 PM
I had one pierced by a friend when I was 17. All he used were his fingers and a stud with a point on it! Took about 5 seconds! The other one I did myself with a needle cuz I got sick of the limited options with clip on styles. So much happier now that I can wear any kind I want. I'm not sure if any of my friends have noticed the other ear is pierced. If they have, they haven't said anything about it.

Paulette
05-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I have both ears pierced and would not have it any other way. There are so many cute ear rings to chose from in the pierced section and only a few painful to wear clips. Love the feeling of an ear ring moving when I turn my head. I love the long dangle ones the best.

Stephanie Michelle
05-12-2012, 05:16 PM
I have the left pierced for about 5 years. My GF is talking about getting my right done. I told her after my daughter's graduation party at the end of the month. So now I am committed to it. I think she is more excited than me.

Beth Mays
05-12-2012, 05:24 PM
I was just watching a "Holmes on Homes" on television. It is a series about a well known and highly respected building/remoderling contractor, John Holmes...

Ummm WRONG Holmes the one with the big saw is MIKE the one with the huge hammer was John!

I work for UPS and I have both ears pierced... Boss does not like it at all but he cant tell me I can not wear them... all the guys think I do it just to piss him off.. some know I CD.. all the girls in the office know why have both done.
If anyone watches MTV, VH1 or CMT you will see 90% of the guys have both ears done.. it is as common as anything.

ronda
05-12-2012, 05:25 PM
mine are not done yet but i went to have them done the other nite and there was no one on duty that was certified to do it so maybe tonight i will go get it done. both ears that is

Launa
05-12-2012, 05:31 PM
I was just watching a "Holmes on Homes" on television. It is a series about a well known and highly respected building/remoderling contractor, John Holmes.... from Canada I believe. He is very macho, married with 2 kids, and works in the building trade of course.

He also routinely wears diamond studs in both ears!
So, it has become main stream.

I also worked in a blue collar environment (now retired) and when I go mine pierced almost 10 years ago, no one made any derogatory comments.

BTW, Personally, I could never understand piercing just one ear.
IMO, if you are going to to pierce one ear, why not just do both?
Besides, just one earing looks unbalance to me.

I had no idea you would have Mike Holmes on TV in the United States! I also had no idea that he had earings in each ear.
I will have to take a look next time I see his show. The problem is I have a hard time watching his show because I'm in the construction trade and I see how he will tear down half the house in order to change a light bulb. Its kind of a joke up here but he does do a lot of good charity work. He sponsored, rebuilt quite a few homes for people in Louisiana after Katrina.

Barbara Jo
05-12-2012, 07:48 PM
I had no idea you would have Mike Holmes on TV in the United States! I also had no idea that he had earings in each ear.
I will have to take a look next time I see his show. The problem is I have a hard time watching his show because I'm in the construction trade and I see how he will tear down half the house in order to change a light bulb. Its kind of a joke up here but he does do a lot of good charity work. He sponsored, rebuilt quite a few homes for people in Louisiana after Katrina.
If he did not tear things apart, there would be nothing to film for a TV show.
Also, most in of the shows I've seen, Mike was there to fix other's mistakes/shoddy work and code violations so, he had no chioce but to start from scratch.
So, I guess we only see the most extreme remodels.

Diane Smith
05-12-2012, 10:00 PM
I had both ears pierced when I was nine, in 1966.

Now up to 18 in each ear.

- Diane

rita63
05-12-2012, 10:01 PM
I had mine pierced in Jan. and I love them. Still collecting earings but I feel and look much more femme with earings.

hugs rita:battingeyelashes:

Marguarite
05-12-2012, 10:03 PM
I have had my left ear pierced for ten years, i wear a diamond stud that my wife gave me for my birthday. In December i told my wife that i would like to have my right ear done. She said sure as long as she got to do it. We found online, a piercing supply house, and for $10 bought a starter kit. The kit is still sitting on the shelf, she says she is not in right frame of mind just now. i know soon i'll have both ears done. Eighteen years ago i expressed a desire to have a nipple ring, and she had that done. Six months later the other side was done, and nine years ago i had a ring of thorns tattooed around each of them, my wife's design. We have just been a little slow about things that show.

Angie G
05-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Yes Jess I have two pierced ears I am 64 years old hun.:hugs:
Angie

paulaloha
05-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Me too! I am a bit worried what people might say if the noticed the hole when in boy mode

I definitely feel the same way, I know some people who have made negative comments towards guys with piercings, people I'm close to. But I really want to do it, I don't want to get to the point where I'm later on in life wishing I had done it sooner. I think I'm gonna go for it soon! Just gotta figure out where I want to have it done. I don't really want to go to a mall and get it done somewhere like Claire's or anything. I think I want to go to an actual tattoo and piercing studio.

What do you all think? Where is a good place to have them done?

Kathy4ever
05-13-2012, 04:14 AM
I had four in my left ear and two in my right ear. The top one on the left closed up but at times i wear the other 5, but most of the time i just wear them in my two lower ones in both ears when I'm in fem mode. I wear mostly midium sized hoops and two i used yesterday to go shopping had some fake dimonds on them. I don't know if anyone noticed because I just walked around not caring if they noticed or not. This is not the 80's anymore and a lot of men wear earings in both ears. Not a big deal but it can help you complete the look if your wear some nice dangling or hoop earings. Studs are nice but give me some hoops or dangling earings and I'm in heaven.

Maria 60
05-13-2012, 06:40 AM
I had one ear pierced since my twenties and last year my nephew came by and he had both ears pierced and told me it was cool. I got it done and it is so much fun buying and trying on different earrings with different outfits of just different mood your in.

IngeInCO
05-13-2012, 05:04 PM
I definitely feel the same way, I know some people who have made negative comments towards guys with piercings, people I'm close to. But I really want to do it, I don't want to get to the point where I'm later on in life wishing I had done it sooner. I think I'm gonna go for it soon! Just gotta figure out where I want to have it done. I don't really want to go to a mall and get it done somewhere like Claire's or anything. I think I want to go to an actual tattoo and piercing studio.

What do you all think? Where is a good place to have them done?

You first! Lol
I think I might this summer

paulaloha
05-13-2012, 07:19 PM
You first! Lol
I think I might this summer

Well right now I have come to the point where I am ready to get them pierced, I am ready for the comments I will receive from those that I know. I am ready to go through with it. My only big issue right now is everywhere I read says you cannot swim for several weeks after getting them pierced. Especially not in lakes or anywhere with fresh water due to the bacteria. Well my issue is this, I LOVE SWIMMING! And I'm a whitewater kayaker, so I'm on the water a LOT during the summer and it's all fresh water. So I may have to wait until the end of November after my favorite river runs again. I don't think I could go the recommended 8-12 weeks before getting back into fresh water. So I will wait till winter to do it, then the lack of paddling won't kill me!

So if you get them done this summer you will beat me to the punch! :)

Julogden
05-13-2012, 09:38 PM
I did mine one at a time too, but only a few months between. That was back in 1985, and I've never regretted piercing my ears. I love earrings, and it's made me happy, as the selection of earrings for pierced ears is essentially unlimited.

Carol

Harley
05-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Two in the left one in the right, keeps them wondering.

NathalieX66
05-13-2012, 09:51 PM
both of my ears have been pierced for more than 20 years...now I want another set.

tvcdalex
05-14-2012, 10:47 AM
both ears pierced more 21 years,some people noticed, both ears pierced is realy feminine.

PretzelGirl
05-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Mine have been done for a few years. I don't know if you can ever go without comments, but my close coworkers sometimes call me a hippie (my hair is usually in a ponytail too) and similar comments in fun.

But the professional world is changing. I am in a polo shirt/khaki environment and I brief upper level directors/VPs and customers debating whether to spend money with us. No one has ever asked me to take them out. I just make sure I wear something appropriate,

Brianna in Hose
05-14-2012, 12:55 PM
I pierced my ears myself about 3 years ago. I don't wear earrings unless I am dressed. I am really glad that I did it.

Brenda2246
06-07-2012, 06:51 PM
I also have both ears pierced, but only wear earrings when dressed. I love big hoops!

darlaj
06-07-2012, 07:09 PM
My left one is pierced and would love to do the right one. I am thing about having a clear post put in during the healing process, but am concerned how noticeable it will be to family and customers.

kimmyg
06-07-2012, 07:11 PM
I have mine pierced also. Am thinking of having my navel done

Beverley Sims
06-08-2012, 11:21 AM
If these piercing questions keep coming up I will have to get mine done.

PretzelGirl
06-08-2012, 11:34 AM
We may just have to conspire to keep bringing it up for your benefit Beverley! :heehee:

Foxglove
06-08-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm thinking seriously about getting mine done. I'd stick with one in each ear, though. But I wonder if it's worth the trouble. I have very long hair (in girl-mode) that covers up my ears anyway. I don't know how visible ear-rings would be, and I'm wondering if my hair would get caught on them. So, as I say, I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, which means I'm almost certain to do it sooner or later.

Annabelle

kimberly ann487
06-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Pierced ears is my next "big" move. Probably only my wife will notice.

MelissaLynnSilver
06-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Just got my ears pierced tonight one in each ear no pain luv em

clarisse_tv
06-18-2012, 01:55 AM
Hi Girls,

i've two in each ears, first set was already there in male, second one is gift from SO, we did them together (3rd set for her). she choose mine and i choose here. that was a real step forward in her acceptance. i only wear second set in female but always wear those diamonds stud that wife choose.
Nowadays, it's more than common, I "discovered" a week ago that one of the big boss where i'm working also had his ears pierced but not having one. one day i eat with him and he touched his ear, that was enough to engage the discussion ... few days after i was wearing very small stud in both of them, he came at my desk saying hello and thanks :D. However i'm not sure he's CDing.

Jackiefl
06-18-2012, 02:06 AM
three in each ear and i love them.I usually wear two in each ear all the time, a small gem stone and a gold ball. When dressed three in each ear.

rachel_rachel
06-18-2012, 02:20 AM
Got both mine done a week ago, My dad saw the left last sunday and asked me something so i turned and showed him the right... Got asked if i'd turned... Then my mum asked why and i said that you buy the packet so why not? No comeback from that comment.

The girl who did it said 6 weeks until i can change them and my wife isn't letting me do it either so i guess pretty liitle gold studs in my ears look sexy enough when i'm dressed, sure beats clip ons, i have enough trouble with headaches as it is.

LisaMallon
06-18-2012, 03:50 AM
Rachel I'm like you, just done a couple of weeks ago and can't wait for them to heal ... got some lovely dangly ones I am dying to wear.

EjayeCD
06-18-2012, 07:50 AM
I have both pierced and wear diamonds in guy mode too. I'm getting a second in each ear too.

melaniecd34
06-22-2012, 07:04 PM
I really want to get my ears pierced, one in each ear, but I work in a very conservative environment. Part of me thinks that it will be a big deal and people will comment, but to be fair, how many people really notice if someone elses ears are pierced. I am going to take the plunge, i just have to make sure I am in the positive, no one will notice frame of mind, when I am near a store that pierces ears. Either that or a few early afternoon cosmos will take the fear away

Leah Lynn
06-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Had mine done years ago, when going through another macho phase; bada$$ Biker. I often wear small hoops in drab; HUGE hoops otherwise.

Emilee
06-23-2012, 12:58 AM
I have had two piercings in each lobe and a belly button piercing for years now.

lee james
06-23-2012, 02:59 AM
Have had mine pierced since 2005-I wear two small hoops (sleepers) in each ear for every day wear and something more dressy for special occasions. My wife bought me diamond studs some time ago,but I am happy just to wear my hoops most of the time.

ringedjohn
06-23-2012, 05:29 AM
I pierced my left ear lobe back in 1960 - and now have three piercings in each ear. I also have my left nostril and my septum pierced.

I normally only wear one stud - in that original hole, but I keep all the others open.

Starr
06-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Mine are not done yet..but working on it.. hope to get them both pierced with at least one hole this summer.. and maybe add on this fall.