PDA

View Full Version : Beaten up by electrolysis

emmicd
05-12-2012, 02:13 AM
It is something I have to do to help present a more feminine appearance and I kind of enjoy it as I look forward to my sessions in some sort of strange way despite the pain. I'll be honest with you that it is painful but so worth it to rid yourself of the facial hair. The only thing is my electrologist has to take extreme care in sensitive areas and the area by the lip, mouth and chin are the most sensitive. I am early into treatment but am starting to notice a difference. It is exciting to realize that within a year I will no longer have to worry about a shadow or stubble anymore. This is the start to my feminine transformation!

The only thing is when my electrologist works around the mouth, lip and chin it looks like I was in a boxing ring as my lip has swelled up. I have to pack ice. Another challenge she faces in removing my facial hair is the mustache. She has to thin it out and do it in stages so sometimes I get looks and am a bit self concious but in the end when it is clean it will be so worth it.

I just have to endure the pain and the occasional swelling and application of ice is very important immediately after treatments. So even though it seems I am beaten up by electrolysis it is a must and I highly reccommend it and I am quite happy with my electrologist.

Please share your experiences!

emmi

Jonianne
05-12-2012, 03:00 AM
Mine is very similar, Emmi. It seems every time I have upper lip work done, I end up having a skating competition the next day with my face swollen and some ask me about it. I've just got to the point that I just say I'm having electrolysis and they usually don't ask any further. :)

The pain can be very bad in some areas and once it was so bad and I was doing every thing in me to keep from crying, so all at once I just burst out laughing. My elecrtolist stopped and started laughing herself and then asked me "What was that all about?" and I said the pain was so much and I couldn't cry and for some reason I just burst out laughing. We both giggled some more and she went back to work.

I just see the pain as the removal of unwanted masculinity, one burned, shocked and plucked hair at a time toward a more feminine appearance. A very slow and sometimes painful process. :doh:

Aprilrain
05-12-2012, 05:37 AM
around the mouth is a very sensitive area indeed!

Julia_in_Pa
05-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Emmi,

With every painful zap of electrolysis, with every step forward you become closer to fulfilling your goal of being you.
I did not have much facial hair and no body hair other than the usual leg area.
Due to transitioning in Helena Montana I did not have any hair removal options after the only electrologist went out of business.
I had to drive 90 miles north to Great Falls to continue electrolysis.
Finally a dermatologist in Helena began offering laser hair removal.
I purchased a package of five sessions at 700.00 and purchased two more for a hundred dollars each.
After those sessions were completed I haven't had to worry about facial hair for close to five years.

Julia

Kaitlyn Michele
05-12-2012, 08:23 AM
that's what happens... i used to get my whole face done at once under lydocaine shots...if i can find the pictures you'll see something that would work well in an old horror movie

Kristy_K
05-12-2012, 10:41 PM
I must be lucky because my face only gets a little red for a few hours afterwards. I also use Black seed oil on it afterwards which takes away the redness and soreness. My Electrolysis's also has 30 years of experience.

Jessica_Grl
05-12-2012, 11:13 PM
i have actually been really really scared after i saw a couple photo's online from people that visit e3000 -- all swollen almost like that had FFS done -- but im going to have to do this, ive had lots of laser thanks to groupon but i think i am at a stand still with the dark 5'oclock shadow gone, but i got the light colored sand that glitters when the sun hits it

hate it

i can only imagine what the transgendered cave men did before they evented the razer -- just imagine shaving with a rock every morning :(

i just gotta find me a electrolysis deal in the dallas area -- cant afford e3000 even if i went that route

ReneeT
05-13-2012, 07:58 AM
I too have significant swelling and redness after a session of flash electrolysis. My sessions are typically two hours at a time, so i get pretty beat up. I do occasionally go to an electrologist who uses blend mode, and there is essentially no skin reaction with this. It is quite a bit slower (200-300 hairs per hour vs 700ish) but it seems to be more effective at "first pass kill" and is much more comfortable. I actually fell asleep during my session Friday.......

michelleinktown
05-13-2012, 08:03 AM
[QUOTE=Jessica_Grl;2840692]
i can only imagine what the transgendered cave men did before they evented the razer -- just imagine shaving with a rock every morning :(

Now that was funny

Pamela Kay
05-13-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm scheduled to have a full clearing on June 27-28 at E3000 and yes it is not cheap. I should have started sooner but have had my mom living with me for almost 2 years and it has taken all of my free cash. She's in a senior living facility now and I am transitioning to full time after FFS, which is scheduled for Oct 2nd. No matter how close I shave or how well I do my makeup, I can still make out "the shadow". Since I'm pretty late getting started I need to get a lot done as soon as I can and am getting the full treatment.

I'm sure it will be painful but I think most everything involved with transition is. I also hear the expensive part, I'm scraping the barrel to pay for electrolysis and the FFS deposit and am in the process of putting our home on the market so I can pay for FFS. Then it will be time to save up for SRS.

Definitely don't see retirement in my future. :daydreaming:

celeste26
05-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Pamela I've heard some really bad things about whole face work by E3000. The layer of the skin where the roots grow cannot deal with every single root being zapped at once and when those layers comes to the surface, and it will eventually, will be scarred badly. The way my electrologist tells me is to have the hairs treated by not killing more than one or two in any small area to allow the healing to work before any new ones are killed in that area and the horror stories I've read from the E3000 make my skin crawl so please reconsider doing that. Yeah i know it means taking a much longer time to get it all done but I'll give my skin the chance to heal all along the way too.

btw I buy in groups of ten sessions and I get a 10% discount $58 instead of $65.

LisaMallon
05-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm looking at electrolysis (still in the research stage) as being fair with fair hair I am a poor candidate for laser.
Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

pamela_a
05-13-2012, 07:21 PM
My usual electrolysis sessions are either 2 or 4 hours and I have no problems afterward. I used to do my 2 hour sessions on Monday mornings after which I'd apply my normal make up and go to work.

IMHO if you're having that much of a problem afterward I would recommend finding a different technician to see if it's the technique or settings of your current electrologist that's causing the trouble.