PDA

View Full Version : Is Drab really not your thing?

Rebecca Star
05-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Forgive me if this is in the wrong section.

I like dressing as a guy or when enfemme as Rebecca. I don't view my guy clothes as "Drab". In fact, I like the freedom which being a CD gives me. Then again, I'm definitely not a slacks and a shirt guy for instance - designer jeans etc...etc is me to a T.

I'd be interested to hear others opinions on this topic.

Thanks

Rebecca Star

ChristineM
05-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Male mode could not care less about clothes, but once the panties go on...

JessHaust
05-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Actually There are some times I love male mode too. I own a tux with tails, complete with black silk hand tied bow tie, and relish the chance to wear it.

Crissy Kay
05-12-2012, 02:43 PM
To tell you the truth, I always feel more laid back or relaxed in my guy clothes. But the only things I wear most of the time is jeans, sweats, and t shirts.

Rachel Morley
05-12-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't think about my drab clothes with anything like the detail I do with my femme clothes. I have a couple of "guy outfits" for wearing to special events like family parties or going out on wedding anniversary dinners etc but for the most part my drab clothes are actually girls clothes ... but ones that are more unisex in nature, like girls tees and jeans :)

JackieInPA
05-12-2012, 03:14 PM
My 'guy' wardrobe consists of one suit, and whatever girls clothes look like guys clothes.

Karinsamatha
05-12-2012, 03:25 PM
My 'guy' wardrobe consists of one suit, and whatever girls clothes look like guys clothes.

:iagree: I have been getting rid of the male clothes as time goes on. I feel very very uncomfortable in them.

Sandra1746
05-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Lately I have purchased mostly Fem clothing. They are pretty but plain jeans and tops but they are Fem. I do have a TON of slacks and shirts left over from my working days so I can use these when the 'male mode' is required. I've considered buying some Fem slacks but I have so many male-Dockers that I can't justify the expenditure.

All in all I prefer the Fem jeans, they fit better since I've lost weight and the tops are more comfortable.

Just my $0.02,
Sandra1746

Eryn
05-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Guy clothes don't interest me. Anything creative is either not age-appropriate, horribly overpriced or make me stand out to the point of weirdness. If I were to spend $500 on a suit I would end up looking like every other guy in the room, differing only in which shade of dull blue, dull brown, or black my suit was colored.

A few weeks ago I went to a place where the dress code was coat-and-tie for men, nice dresses for women. I was amused when I realized that the only way I could go into this place was by going en femme, as I no longer own a suit that fits. No problem there! :)

mykhelee
05-12-2012, 03:47 PM
I have been a jeans and t guy for bopping around and casual gatherings...when I am stepping out I am just a fussy about what I wear, guy or doll!

ArleneRaquel
05-12-2012, 03:50 PM
About 90% of my clothing is female attire, I hope eliminate my entire male stock, maybe in a year or two.

crossdressersfriend GG
05-12-2012, 03:53 PM
I noticed this with my CDing friend too! The stuff he wears in public as a guy makes my cringe, he doesn't seem to care he just wants to be comfortable. BUT when he's dressed or talking about womens clothing he's the most fashionable person I know!?

It really is like two sides of a coin, one glamourous and one drab. It sort of surprises that a little of the fashion sense doesn't bleed through to the male side, even a little?

Kate Simmons
05-12-2012, 03:54 PM
I honestly don't mind dressing either way. Sometimes as Rich I like to wear a suit and tie, as Kate a nice dress but sometimes I cross cross dress and may do both at the same time.:)

StevieTV
05-12-2012, 05:45 PM
I have bannished most of my male clothes; however, I still have a few pairs of work pants. When I get back from work, off comes the drab and on goes my lounging pants (yoga pants).

Tina B.
05-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Since I've retired, my male wardrobe has shrunk, just because I don't get out that much. But when I do, I still get complements on my outfits, at 68, I would say, I can still style it.
When I was younger, I was the guy that showed up at gathering dressed in slacks, when everyone is in jeans, and if they where dressed enough to be in slacks, I was most likely in a suit, wow I just realized, I'm not a crossdresser, I just like clothes!
Tina B.

RADER
05-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Since I am an Officer in my Veterans groups, I still wear a suit and tie a couple times a month
mainly at meetings and Funerals.
Like Jess, I have a Tux I was Married in, and used it 4 times in the last 19 years; I love to wear it
for something real special.
I wear Female jeans most of the time, with a drab polo shirt, simple and easy to wear.
I still have a couple pairs of Carpenter Jeans, for doing heave work once in a seldom occasion.
I have at least 10 skirts, and tops of all different types, and 8 dresses, 3 of witch are considered
fancy dress, And one Maid's dress for something different.
We won't count the bra's and panties.
Rader

Beth Mays
05-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Monday- Friday its Brown/brown and brown socks with brown shoes.. weekends shorts, capris, etc.. dresses and skirts are for "Beth" time..
I have suits but never wear them unless it is something I really have no choice.. I have 9 Kilts and would say those are the one GUY thing I really love to wear.

sissystephanie
05-12-2012, 09:08 PM
I am a man, and of course have plenty of guy clothes. Like Rebecca I don't think of them as my "drab" clothes because they are not! Sure, I am a crossdresser, but under the satin and lace I am still a male! I own about 5 male suits, 6 pairs of male slacks, 8 sports coats, and 2 tuxes. And I love to wear all of them!! Of course I prefer to wear total feminine apparel, but that is not always possible!! So I do become a guy!! If I had any Kilts I would wear them as often as possible!!

docrobbysherry
05-13-2012, 12:10 AM
Guy mode: Loose, sloppy, unsexy, comfortable.

Girl mode: Tite, sharp, always sexy, uncomfortable.

I have no idea how and/or why, tho?

NathalieX66
05-13-2012, 12:23 AM
I have a female wardrobe, and I use it.
I dress female publically on average 1 to 3 times a month.
I'm still a guy ,and I like that part of me. I'm just not happy with the constraints of gender. I love both sides of the gender fence....and that's how I prefer to live.

Noemi
05-13-2012, 12:34 AM
:iagree: I have been getting rid of the male clothes as time goes on. I feel very very uncomfortable in them.

I am with this trip sister. Changed my male clothes twice before I went out because I just can't wear those man clothes the way I used to. Wearing a new thong though, red, that is working out feels like I have on no undies at all wow.
Do not like male clothes anymore.

Antoinette
05-13-2012, 01:55 AM
I love being a guy and when it comes to dressing as one I like to look classy (if you will). My favorite things are hats (specifially fedoras) and button up shirts. My female persona loves heels and skirts. Both are fitting me and I'd like to keep it that way. Although my female persona may end up having way more clothes and shoes than my male persona.

Foxglove
05-13-2012, 06:04 AM
Since most of society frowns on CDing, I'm trying to keep that to a minimum: I'm never in drab unless I have no choice.

Ties? As far as I'm concerned, the only thing a tie is good for is hanging yourself. Wait, I take that back: they can look OK with a schoolgirl's uniform.

Annabelle

Raychel
05-13-2012, 06:18 AM
As time goesby I like guy clothes less and less. If I am dressed in guy clothes, then it is work clothes, and that means work. Not really my idea of fun anymore. But when Raychel's clothes come out, that means I get a chance to relax, even if only for a short while.

Cheryl T
05-13-2012, 08:49 AM
My "guy wardrobe" consists of my work uniforms (a requirement), one suit coat and a few nice shirts and slacks for special occasions, exercise shorts for the gym, and jeans and t-shirts for every other time I need them.
Most of the time I'm in women's jeans or slacks, women's shorts, women's t-shirts and women's sneakers or mules.
For the rest of the time I'm "dressed" it's whatever I feel like wearing, be it capris and a cute top, a dress, or blouse and skirt.

My male wardrobe is a necessity, my female wardrobe is all me.

cassandra54
05-13-2012, 08:57 AM
as a guy, i have graduated to wearing nice clothes. i enjoy wearing some columbia or eddie bauer cargo pants or shorts, especially when i go on vacation. during the day, it's carharts and tee shirts. nice clothes, but not really a fashion statement. however. in girl mode, i am developing a style and a really nice wardrobe.

it's one of the reasons i like to dress. i can be an average looking, somewhat dumpy middle-age guy or a nice, maybe cute, maybe attractive middle-aged woman.

Lesley_Roberta
05-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Why do we need to call it 'drab' to wear male clothing, and yet actual females can wear our clothes and it has no stigma, no catch phrase (that I know of) and all they feel is needed is some stitching on our pants, and suddenly it's girls clothing.

I mean, if life was fair, we could take a skirt, and make it a 'guy' skirt, and then we wouldn't get treated unfairly. I wonder though, what would we need to do to a skirt, to make is a guy skirt?

Badtranny
05-13-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm not sure I understand.

If a CD stays a CD because he "likes his male side" or "likes the freedom being in between" then what's the big deal with guy clothes? I used to love dressing up as a dude as much as I love dressing up as a girl. Dressing up is fun. For those that say all suits look the same, that's just weird. A navy suit (pants and jacket) can be tweaked immensely with a shirt in any number of shades or patterns, not to mention buttons, or cuff links, or collar pins. There is also an incredible array of beautiful ties to choose from. (I have a few dozen going to Goodwill). I understand why it's fun for a dude to wear women's clothes, but I guess I don't get the "trapped in your life" subtext. If you're that miserable dressing like a guy, then maybe you should consider a life change.

On a similar note, my roomie and her fiance' were getting ready for their trip to Bulgaria (to get married) and I found myself teaching Mr Man how to tie a tie! He is a total dude who only wears jeans and Tshirts (and boy does he fill out a Tshirt yum) and he somehow made it almost 50 years without ever learning to wear a necktie. So, that was fun but I don't think he got it quite right. Still, there's something kind of hot about putting a tie on a big manly man.

Kate Simmons
05-13-2012, 11:26 AM
One additional comment I would like to make regarding this is that by looking at the comparison thread in the photo section of guy mode vs girl mode, many of us probably look devastatingly handsome as our guy self from a woman's perspective. We just don't (or maybe choose not to) see it. We are who we are for a reason in any case.:)

Acastina
05-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Compare the small amount of closet space occupied by drabwear to the other stuff, and it's no comparison. Everyday look is polos and jeans or shorts, t-shirts if doing something manly like physical work, slacks very seldom. Long-sleeve shirts in colder weather, more sweatshirts than sweaters. The other side is a lot more diverse. I'm steadily building up more and more casual wear, since the really girly stuff is too flossy for the street or the mall most of the time. My wife decided that one of her skorts didn't fit her well, so she gave it to me to try before donating it. What a nice garment! Like a miniskirt without the "view" problem. Now I'm scheming on a sleeveless polo and the nerve to wear the outfit to the golf course, most likely away from home. The PGA guys mostly look like GQ clones, with slacks even when it's 100° out there and nearly as many logos as the NASCAR drivers, but the LPGA ladies can wear nearly anything.

Sigh.

sometimes_miss
05-14-2012, 01:53 AM
Guy mode: Loose, sloppy, unsexy, comfortable. Girl mode: Tite, sharp, always sexy, uncomfortable.

Used to be the same, but the girl clothes I wear are quite comfortable. A while back, I started dressing 'up' as a guy, too. No more sloppy clothes when going out. I read somewhere that women find a guy in a nice suit hot, even when it's worn as casual attire. And, I've notices the looks I get when I do. Now, I'm not a hot guy by any means. But the saying 'the clothes make the man' does seem to have some merit. It's a shame I can't dress that way all year round, it's simply too hot in the summer to wear a suit outdoors.

Badtranny
05-14-2012, 11:48 AM
It's a shame I can't dress that way all year round, it's simply too hot in the summer to wear a suit outdoors.

Men in general seem to have a weird sense of what women would find "hot". They have the guys they admire and they think women admire the same things and that ain't true. A man in a sharp suit, one that fits well and is put together with a matching belt and shoes is H.O.T. looking. I saw a guy the other day, that had some tight slacks (not too tight) and a fitted oxford type shirt and a pair of gorgeous shoes, and even though he was slightly smaller than what I usually go for, I would have totally flirted with that guy. A man that knows how to dress well, is never going to have problems meeting women.

BLUE ORCHID
05-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Hi Rebecca, my guy mood is pretty much drab unless I'm going out with my wife all dressed up
then it's a jacket and tie for me looking great for my wife.

Rebecca Star
05-14-2012, 12:01 PM
I saw a guy the other day, that had some tight slacks (not too tight) and a fitted oxford type shirt and a pair of gorgeous shoes, and even though he was slightly smaller than what I usually go for, I would have totally flirted with that guy. A man that knows how to dress well, is never going to have problems meeting women.

I like your train of thought!

I attended a mid-day party (not that long ago), wore a crisp fitted white shirt (unbuttoned at neck - untucked, sleeves rolled up 3/4 length) nice boot jeans and Armini loafers in a light chocolate shade. While I have an SO, I certainly get my fair share of casual looks. And I agree a well fitting suit etc...etc can make a guy look pretty damn hot too... But each to their own, that's what so good about life, its diversity :)

Badtranny
05-14-2012, 01:59 PM
I attended a mid-day party (not that long ago), wore a crisp fitted white shirt (unbuttoned at neck - untucked, sleeves rolled up 3/4 length) nice boot jeans and Armini loafers in a light chocolate shade. While I have an SO, I certainly get my fair share of casual looks. And I agree a well fitting suit etc...etc can make a guy look pretty damn hot too... But each to their own, that's what so good about life, its diversity :)

Let me emphasize "dressing well", and it doesn't have to be a suit. ;-) The outfit you describe sounds lovely.

More men should understand that a hot body is nice, but dressing well is better because a guy with taste can be appreciated for more than his body. Good looks are the luck of the draw, but taste can be developed and refined.