PDA

View Full Version : Finally told my mom

AlysonShaw
05-12-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm visiting my mom for Mother's Day, so I decided that it was time to tell her about everything. I wasn't sure how well it would go since I felt that my parents were ashamed of me when they caught me when I was younger. But I knew I had to tell her and not hide my true self from her.

Let me just say that it went very well. She told me that she was never really ashamed of me and would have supported me back then, but she didn't want to force anything on me. We talked and cried and she reassured me that I will always be her child, no matter what gender I want to be. It feels so wonderful to finally be open with her and I know I will always have the love and support I need on my side.

Leanne2
05-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Alyson, What a great Mother's day you two will have! What happened when you were caught years ago? Leanne

Angie G
05-12-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm so glad it went well for you Alyson. You have a great MOM.:hugs:
Angie

Lesley_Roberta
05-12-2012, 10:11 PM
My mom shared your mom's response. Maybe its a 'mom' thing.

Barbara Ella
05-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Congratulations Alyson. You have great courage, and a great Mom.

Barbara

AlysonShaw
05-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Leanne,
Basically when I was caught, I was too scared to admit why I wanted to wear women's clothes. My mom knew I was different, but didn't want to force anything on me. I think my dad couldn't accept it at the time, so my mom didn't want to cause any rift between him and me. However, I feel that now when I tell my dad, I can be more mature and honest and hopefully he will accept me like my mom has.

mykhelee
05-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Wonderful to hear a happy tale...it makes things so much easier knowing you have non-conditional acceptance. Something many of us are still looking for.
I often wonder at how the conversation might have went if I had been caught as a 13 year old in my grandmother's girdle and stockings...not good.
I have a wonderful relationship with three of my four girls. When I came out to them they told me that they already knew.
Khelli

Sandra
05-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Glad it went ok but, IMHO Mother's Day is not the day to be telling, it could have ruined her day.