PDA

View Full Version : voice lessons

jillian1
05-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Hey girls! My girlfriend and I are going to Vegas soon and was just wondering if there are any tips on feminizing my voice that I could do and or practice. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Jill

Stephanie-L
05-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Jill, I have been going to voice therapy for about 5 months now, just to feminize my voice. Sorry to tell you, but it is not easy to develop a feminine voice overnight. Aside from pitch (how high your voice is), you need to deal with things like inflection (how much the pitch changes in a sentance), resonance, word choice, vocabulary, and then there is nonverbal stuff. If you want to feminize your voice in the long term, either find a good voice therapist, find a school that has a speech therapy clinic (this is what I did), or find some of the many video tutorials available on the www, but be warned, the quality of them varies greatly. If you are in it just to pass better as a CD, then do the online stuff, if you are in it because you are transitioning and it is your life, do one of the others. Actually, Vegas is one of the places where they are not really going to care if you pass, so you don't need to worry about it so much. If you are just going to have fun as Jill, go have fun, and don't fret over stuff. I hope you enjoy your trip..........Stephanie