PDA

View Full Version : Jobs for crossdressers?

Alex
11-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Jobs for crossdressers?Hi everyone, I was just wondering...I love crossdressing, but know I can't pass. Can any of you think of a job that might employ a guy in a dress. I'm guessing something without a lot of interaction with people, but i'm not sure what that could be...

Any ideas?

TGMarla
11-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Right. And you're from what planet?

Andrea's Lynne
11-09-2005, 10:51 PM
How about "Sanitation Engineer?"

Stephanie Brooks
11-09-2005, 11:30 PM
Jobs for crossdressers?Hi everyone, I was just wondering...I love crossdressing, but know I can't pass. Can any of you think of a job that might employ a guy in a dress. I'm guessing something without a lot of interaction with people, but i'm not sure what that could be...

Any ideas?
Uh, yeah. Sure. You're 25 yo, you've been a member here for over a year.

Become a high powered lawyer who fights for the rights of crossdressers. It's a challenging job, but one that could use a good person. Good luck!

NikkiT
11-09-2005, 11:44 PM
Convergys would. I worked there a long time ago, and there were a few CDs working there. I'd imagine applying at The Roost or Buddies would be a good bet too.

Shannon
11-09-2005, 11:47 PM
"Lips" here in San Diego :rolleyes:

Phoebe Reece
11-09-2005, 11:49 PM
The most obvious employment opportunities for someone who is obviously a guy in a dress are in entertainment. Many acting roles are written for actors that are men playing in female roles (usually in a comedy). Look at the success of someone like Ru Paul. Those who impersonate famous women also manage to find work. Not all drag queens are on hormones or look beautiful.

I have a CD friend who lives full time as a woman. She runs a blackjack table (entertainment only - not real gambling) in a local gay bar. She has done this for about 10 years now and makes an amazingly good income from it. In fact, she has hired some others recently to assist and expand the business to other locations. Her biggest problem is she is heterosexual and she doesn't meet many straight females in her line of work.

I knew another CD back in the 1970's who earned her living by copying audio cassette tapes for business presentations. Another one I knew around the same time had a business dressing mannequins for small clothing shops.

I think the real key to crossdressing at work is to be your own boss and run your own business. If the people you have business dealings with are not put off by you being a crossdresser, go for it.

AliciaSL
11-10-2005, 04:02 AM
I must admit I have actually seen only a couple. Part of me likes to think there are many behind the scenes. Not long ago I even seen a bus driver in Portland OR. She even wore a uniform skirt. It was even obvious she was a man..And another at a radio station. There was even a guy that worked in a skirt backstage at a concert. So If you have the guts and the time to look. The Sky could be the limit.. It could mean just living in the right town...

TGMarla
11-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Here. Try this.

http://www.tcne.org/Jobs.shtml

It's for you, girl!

melissacd
11-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Marla girl!...you are a wealth of information...there is a really neat IT company listed there that I have bookmarked. Who knows, perhaps I can get some consulting work with them :)

Thanks for the URL...

P.S. I love the dress that you are wearing in yor latest avatar!

CharleneCD
11-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Any job that allows you to work from home would be perfect.

Katie Ashe
11-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Self employment is the best option, but like others said, locations is a big thing. There is no real limit, only if you can find a TG friendly person to give you a chance. One member here got a job working as a RN, but had to follow the rules of the female gender set forth... big deal, that's what she wanted in the first place. May companies are out going, find the right one for you is the hard part, best wishes on your journey. Stage plays are very popular...

melissacd
11-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Any job that allows you to work from home would be perfect.

Assuming that the home manager accepts the new dress code :p nudge nudge wink wink...